Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 12th, 2019, 03:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Megatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
I think shutting down all shenanigans is best:

PISTOL TRANSFORMATION SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 4, 6, or 10.
Instead of attacking with Megatron, choose a friendly figure sized 5 or greater within 2 clear sight spaces of Megatron. That figure attacks this turn using this special attack and cannot use any special powers on their card. Start the attack with 10 attack dice. You may attack with 4, 6, or 10 attack dice until all 10 attack dice have been rolled. This special attack may only be used once per round and if Megatron is not engaged.
Yeah, that would work for me if it satisfies everyone else, even if I was looking forward to using Diamondback more often.
Old March 12th, 2019, 03:48 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Marvel Megatron shouldn’t have flying.
See that is what I was thinking too, but he seemed to fly around in robot mode in the cartoon from time to time and Lazy was convinced he had flying. I couldn't recall if I had ever seen him fly in the comic book or not. I had the same question about Soundwave, I think it was Comic Vine that listed one of his powers as flying but I feel as though he usually turned into the tape deck and jumped into a cockpit in the comic books. One of the articles about him also described him having Laserbeak pick up the boombox and fly away with it. That doesn't mean he can't fly though, just he choose to be a smaller target or less visible/stealthy while moving.
Cartoon Megs (like all cartoon Decepticons, and the Autobots in the first few episodes) can fly in robot mode, but that's irrelevant to Marvel Megs. Robot Mode flight is not a thing in the comics outside of characters with a specific power that lets them do so like Shockwave. Marvel Megs once was defeated by Ratchet specifically because he lacked flight powers and was then out of action for like 6 issues after falling off a cliff (that actually leads into his amnesia adventure with Joey Slick you mentioned earlier).

Marvel Soundwave (or IDW Soundwave for that matter) also shouldn't have flying.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old March 12th, 2019, 03:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Alright, I can update it when we hit 24 hours. Thanks Soundwarp! Be sure to stop by the workshop and let me know what you think of my first pass as Soundwave and 2 of his tapes.
Old March 12th, 2019, 03:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Re: The Book of Megatron - Breathing

Oh, and I took a look. Both Zemo cards don't mention the no taking a turn with additional figures so Megatron could work with them and still use his SA. Those aren't bonding powers though but rather OM management ones. Red Skull though does restrict anyone he bonds with since he is taking a full turn first, so if Red Skull triggered a turn from Megatron then Megatron could not use the SA on that turn as it requires taking a turn with a 3rd figure.
Old March 12th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Wait, the special attack requires taking a turn with the figure who's using it? I thought they were getting an out of turn attack?

What's the most recent text on it?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 12th, 2019, 04:26 PM
C3G Landlord

This is what I was working from, but I guess I was misinterpreting how that would play in the rules then.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be cleaner to just have the other figure do the attacking?

Instead of attacking with Megatron, choose a friendly figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Megatron. That figure attacks this turn using this special attack. Start the attack with 10 attack dice. You may attack with 4, 6, or 10 attack dice until all 10 attack dice have been rolled. This special attack may only be used if Megatron is not engaged.
Maybe it should read more like this?

Instead of taking a turn with Megatron, choose a friendly figure with a size of 5 or larger within 2 clear sight spaces of Megatron. That figure must take a turn in which they may not move and can only use this special attack. Start the attack with 10 attack dice. You may attack with 4, 6, or 10 attack dice until all 10 attack dice have been rolled. This special attack may only be used once per round and if Megatron is not engaged.

It would further restrict it by not letting Megatron run up and shoot someone if he can't move either.
Old March 12th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe something like this?

Megatron cannot attack with this special attack. A figure you control with a height of 5 or larger within 2 clear sight spaces of Megatron may take a turn in which they may not move and can only use this special attack. Start the attack with 10 attack dice. You may attack with 4, 6, or 10 attack dice until all 10 attack dice have been rolled. This special attack may only be used once per round and if Megatron is not engaged.

Honestly, don't see the need for the height restriction. I say let anybody fire him. Maybe restrict it to heroes if you're too worried about weirdness.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 13th, 2019, 05:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Any last thoughts or concerns here before I update the SP and call for a vote?

It seems as though I'm the only one bothered by Ravage firing the pistol, so I'm thinking I'll just drop it outside of a non-tiny restriction. I believe Rocket Raccoon is small and would really enjoy playing with a toy/weapon like Megatron. Also I don't believe Megatron actually needs someone to pull the trigger for him when in pistol mode, pretty sure I've seen him fire all on his own as a pistol, he just needs someone to hold him steady and point the barrel in the right direction, which Ravage could do with his mouth. Just cutting the Fire Ants and Ant-Man out of the mix.
Old March 13th, 2019, 05:37 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think I preferred johnny's two-power approach. Something like this, working off Bats' last suggestion and incorporating the non-tiny thing:

Quote:
PISTOL TRANSFORMATION
Once per round, instead of taking a turn with Megatron, you may choose a Hero you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Megatron that is not tiny. Take an immediate turn with the chosen Hero, during which it cannot move and must use Megatron's ??? Special Attack.

??? SPECIAL ATTACK
Start the attack with 10 attack dice. You may attack with 4, 6, or 10 attack dice until all 10 attack dice have been rolled. Megatron cannot attack with this special attack.
Old March 13th, 2019, 05:55 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Let's not confuse people by using two different wording for the same things. Let's go with precedent and use this (if you want the two power version). Also, you're still forgetting to shut down special powers which could trigger from attacking.

PISTOL TRANSFORMATION
Once per round, instead of taking a turn with Megatron, you may attack with a Hero you control within 2 clear sight spaces of Megatron that is not tiny. During that attack, it must use Megatron's ??? Special Attack and cannot use any other special powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old March 13th, 2019, 05:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Since Tron was looking at a two power card, it works here breaking them up. I only worry about setting precedent that future Transformer designs have to follow. His pistol mode is pretty unique in itself though, so someone transforming into a car, or even Shockwave turning into a huge cannon, shouldn't face the same issues where another unit is needed for it to work. Anyone have any opinions on what the Special Attack should be called then?
Old March 13th, 2019, 06:03 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Let's not confuse people by using two different wording for the same things.
If we don't want to confuse people, we should probably drop the shadow ruling that 'attack' sometimes does not mean 'attack'.

Quote:
Also, you're still forgetting to shut down special powers which could trigger from attacking.
D'oh! Good catch on that.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library