Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old April 9th, 2024, 02:43 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker
Exclamation Islandscape returns! Islandscape XIV this July!

So not only is official HS back, but so is Islandscape. We've secured a new location, and will be returning for our fourteenth tournament this July. Here's what we've got so far:

Where: Brothers Grim Games, 1244 Middle Country Rd, Selden, NY 11784

For those who are taking public transit, the nearest LIRR station is Medford. As always, I'm happy to pick people up from the train

When: Sometime in mid to late July

Because the store is filled on weekends where Pokemon and MTG are having releases, and release dates aren't posted more than 6 weeks in advance, we won't know the exact date until mid-May. But I expect it to be the 13th, 20th, or 27th of July.

What: The usual nonsense and fun

• I'm going to stick with the pod draft we did last time (a mere 5 years ago, because what is time anymore?), but with a little upsizing.

- Bring *4* pods of figures between 150 and 200 points, max of 12 hexes per pod.
- Players will draft 3 pods each, 1-2-2-1. Randomized order for who selects first, or players may agree between themselves.
- Players may draft duplicates of unique figures, but may not field them.
- Players may draft more than 24-hexes of units, but may not field units they cannot put on the board (exceptions - units like Airborne elite or Rechets)

• All official units, C3V, and SoV units are approved for play, with the exception of superheroes. AoA proxied units will be allowed!

• Maps will be tournament-approved maps, with glyphs as appropriate.

•Swiss-style tournament match-ups as usual; expect five rounds of play, 60 minutes of play with 10-15 minutes in between for set up.

• Cake? Cake!

• BYO prizes for the table, or buy something on-site. Brothers Grim has a tremendous selection of items.

There's a couple of restaurants in the shopping center, so no worries on that front.

Who: Your genial tournament director, me. Who else is in?

*who will fight me?.gif*

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"

Last edited by WarBanner; April 17th, 2024 at 08:11 PM.
Old April 10th, 2024, 07:52 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Islandscape returns! Islandscape XIV this July!

Wow, definitely more of a trek than it used to be for us city folk. I'll definitely keep it on my radar though; hopefully I'll be free whenever the date is.

Tagging some likely suspects: @chas , @Grishnakh , @Johngee , @kolakoski , @Matt Helm , @mogrebla , @Taeblewalker , @The_X_Marker , @Thrasher Darkrai
Old April 11th, 2024, 07:24 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker

Chas already knows, and is alerting the Gang of 4 (actually 5). Thanks for the tagging, and I hope to see you there!

Old April 11th, 2024, 08:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I might be in Florida visiting relatives, depending on the date.

Old April 12th, 2024, 07:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Sherman Davies has offered us all a ride in (except for Taeblewalker, who lives upstate and also drives). If that's the case, you'll probably see me there.

Its interesting that you are allowing the new AOA units with proxies. Does this include all of them, and not just the Renegade Official cards issued so far, since there is little change between the Haslab and the Renegade cards? By the event, we will have seen Renegade Wave 2 as well.

I've got cards and proxies for all of the Haslab AOA cards, as we've been playing with them all here in my AOA Revival Project since the old Haslab offering went down, using Anitar's cards (and a few of mine). You can check out these and other games in my signature thread below (we've already had two Official Sergeant Drake III's fight each other).

Some of my proxies are a little out there; Thrasher Darkrai has more purpose sculpted 3D printed proxy minis for them. Also, I have my own and Anitar's cards for the ones not revealed in Haslab: The SOTM Heroes and the new Kyries; and even the Air Marshall in his Blimp! Would these be allowed also? Of course we are replacing AOA cards in our games including these with the Renegade cards as these are being issued.

Last edited by chas; April 12th, 2024 at 07:18 AM.
Old April 12th, 2024, 12:31 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Mark me down as a maybe. I don't know whether I'm going to be in the NYC/Long Island area in July, but if I am, I'm absolutely going to attend!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old April 13th, 2024, 05:41 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Sherman Davies has offered us all a ride in (except for Taeblewalker, who lives upstate and also drives). If that's the case, you'll probably see me there.
Sounds like a plan.

Old April 15th, 2024, 10:58 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

From Islandscape XIII:

Tournament Rules:

The tournament will be 5 rounds, Swiss-style, with ranking based first on W/L scores, then point dominance. Squads count for full points if eliminated, otherwise they count as zero.
We will use the Cluster Draft format used at GenCon.
All players bring (3) 150-170 pt armies, 7 figure limit for each, SoV and C3V customs allowed. No supers.
Uniques used in one army can't be used in another. You may draft more than one of a unique unit, but then can only field one.
Armies are drafted in a 1-2-1-1-1 format.
First round, players will roll off to choose who goes first in the draft. Subsequent rounds the player with the worse record will choose.
Maps will be BoV maps.
No glyphs will be in play
Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, along with the traditional Worst Luck trophy.

My Three Pods

130 Deathcommander Mark III
40 Deathreavers x 1
170, 5 spaces

95 Major J15
75 Hornskulled Brutes x 1
170, 4 spaces

120 Kaemon
50 Marro Dividers x 1
170, 4 spaces

I took third place that year.

This time around, my pod building philosophy is a bit different. See Islandscape 2024 Pods.

Old April 17th, 2024, 01:22 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
I think I'm going to bring back one thing in the IS XIII rules - you CAN draft a unique unit twice across pods, but can only field one of them. Might have to set a limit on hex bases per pod as well, more like 9 or 10, instead of 7.

And if it wasn't clear - you can't create more than one pod with a given unique unit.
If each player ends up with 3 pods, 8 spaces/pod would total 24, the usual maximum.

Old April 17th, 2024, 03:44 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"He's right! Howard Johnson is right!"
--Blazing Saddles
Old April 17th, 2024, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

Its interesting that you are allowing the new AOA units with proxies. Does this include all of them, and not just the Renegade Official cards issued so far, since there is little change between the Haslab and the Renegade cards? By the event, we will have seen Renegade Wave 2 as well.
I'm not sure what the difference is, but I'd say that if it's not a card for a figure that will be officially released and published as part of AoA, then no. Though I'm willing to hear arguments the other way.

Old April 18th, 2024, 08:17 AM

As far as we know, all of the AOA cards shown or mentioned by Haslab's offering will come out eventually by Renegade. To put things differently, can we use cards that are not shown or released by Renegade yet by the time of Islandscape? (Probably only Waves 1 and 2). You will say no I expect, for uniformity, to ensure that everone is using the same AOA card, even if proxying the figure.

I'm also assuming that you won't want me to use my own or Anitar's customs we've been using for cards that were not released during Haslab or yet by Renegade. As far as we know, all of the AOA cards shown or mentioned by Haslab will eventually be published.

Its no big deal, but we should get a clarification. I'm glad you are allowing some AOA, myself.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events