Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old April 10th, 2020, 04:05 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 1] Atrixus (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Editing

This reads like a good change to me.
Old April 15th, 2020, 07:58 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

What name are we going for? Malacoda, Velkhor or other.
I like the sound of Velkhor personally.

Long live heroscape
Old April 15th, 2020, 11:35 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I am easy going so hard for me to make a choice. I could go either way but I will try to make a preference if forced to vote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Something that came up in recent testing is that the Frailty Aura power text can be misleading. It sounds pretty good to me right now, but considering that this is a Master Set meant to hopefully introduce new players to the game, I figured that it was worth running this suggestion by the pod:

Quote:
FRAILTY AURA
When an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Atrixus rolls defense dice against a normal or special attack, if more than one shield is rolled if two or more shields are rolled, subtract one from the number of shields rolled.
There's no mechanical change, but it reduces the room for misinterpretation and hopefully makes the intent clearer. Given that our intended audience is going to have plenty of other stuff to focus on, I think that it's worth consideration.
Your change is preferred, but again ether way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
What name are we going for? Malacoda, Velkhor or other.
I like the sound of Velkhor personally.
I prefer Malacoda but Velkhor is a good 2nd choice. Also Malacoda seems like a better Utgar name, Velkhor seems more Valkrill - we sure this figure is Utgar, correct?
Old April 15th, 2020, 02:55 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Did we not like Atrixus?
Old April 15th, 2020, 05:29 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Too close to Crixus.

Long live heroscape
Old April 15th, 2020, 06:14 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Marcus has never forgiven Marcu for a similar slight.
Old April 15th, 2020, 06:33 PM

Yeah, it seems far enough away.
Old April 19th, 2020, 10:38 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quick question, it's probably been discussed, but was the Spirit ever considered to be a clone of Frailty Aura? That is, instead of subtracting 2 Defense, subtracting a shield when there are 2 or more? Just curious if the difference in the powers feels a little weird to anyone else (Viking spirits do the same thing as their auras).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 19th, 2020, 12:39 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That hasn’t been discussed. I think it’s a reasonable question, but it’s also true that the viking auras do something very simple. This figure’s aura is a little more complex, so it makes sense to me that we wouldn’t translate it 1 to 1 for the spirit.

I have the figure listed under Valkrill currently, since that’s where all demons have gone so far. Been some discussion of Utgar going around but I’d need a bit more of a pitch for it I think. I prefer Velkhor for the name, I’d rather run with something we came up with than lean too heavily on reference.
Old April 19th, 2020, 12:43 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Velkhor and Malacoda both sound better than Atrixus to me, with Velkhor winning out on having the better sound to me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 24th, 2020, 10:16 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
That hasn’t been discussed. I think it’s a reasonable question, but it’s also true that the viking auras do something very simple. This figure’s aura is a little more complex, so it makes sense to me that we wouldn’t translate it 1 to 1 for the spirit.
I don't see why. It's already written on the card once, what's the difference?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 25th, 2020, 07:03 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Finally was able to convince my housemate to do a playtest, and had a really fun time trying out Atrixus. We played on a custom map using the AotP base set tiles and a handful of Heroscape hex:

Tested Atrixus with this version:
Spoiler Alert!

Team 1 (500 pts) Nate: Arktos, Varkaanan Swiftfangs, Rendar Fy, B-11 Resistance Corps, M-43 Resistance Fighters x2

Team 2 (500 pts) Luke (me): Atrixus, Marro Stingers x1, Avernus, Wolves of Badru x2

Detailed game report below:
Spoiler Alert!

Team 2 wins with Atrixus at 4 health remaining

Total Wounds Dealt:
Atrixus: 2 Swiftfang, 2 Arktos (1 LE attack)
Badru: 2 Swiftfangs, 1 Arktos, 3 M43 (2 pounce)
Avernus: 3 M43 (2 flame), 4 Rendar Fy (2 flame), 2 B11 (1 flame)
Stingers: 2 B11, 2 Arktos

Rendar Fy: 4 Badru
M43: 1 Badru, 1 Avernus
Arktos: 1 Badru, 3 Avernus, 2 Stingers, 1 Atrixus
B11: 3 Avernus, 1 Stinger

This was a fairly close game. Arktos and Avernus were the clear MVPs, with the B11 also pulling their weight. Atrixus came out strong killing two Swiftfangs within the first round, and then played more of a passive role for most of the rest of the game as the Badru died and I transitioned to using Avernus. However, even without order markers he played a tactical role as he occupied the center of the northern 7 hex elevation tile. This discouraged Nate from moving his B11 onto the elevation, as they would be forced to attack Atrixus and he really wanted to kill Avernus, and also didn’t want to give me the chance to place the vulnerability spirit on Arktos or his B11. Atrixus’s Frailty Aura never actively made a difference, despite many defense rolls that could have been affected. However, I both times I used the Badru to pounce, the target was within range of the aura so I was more confident taking the risk. The way the dice were rolled the aura didn’t end up affecting the outcome, but it still made the decision to attack easier and easily could have made a big difference if the roll had been different. Overall Atrixus was fun to play and I really like how he opens up some new opportunities to be aggressive with the Badru’s pounce ability without making them overpowered.

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; April 25th, 2020 at 10:12 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs