Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old February 23rd, 2020, 09:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Testing

Map: Volcanic Swampy Jungle homebrew map, notably it has two spots where dragon-sized lava dunking is an option.

Glyphs:
Defense +1 and AotP Healing.

Armies:
Tetsuo
Laglor
Skahen
Carr
Command Courier x2

Vs

Nilfheim
Greenscales x3
Andask

I chose these armies because I figured they both had a reasonable shot at being used in competitive play and because I wanted to see Tetsuo compete against a big bad. Spoiler: He failed miserably.

Tina led her lizard army into the jungle boosted swamp water while I tried to get some preliminary shots off with Laglor. He didn’t do anything. Nilfy got close, so I pulled out T-man. After overloading I got 2 wounds in on Nilfy and rolled a 12. Feels bad man. Tina’s initial batch of greenscales were indestructible too.

Soon the dragon got really angry and wounded and killed my agents quickly. The barrage of attacks from boosted greenscales didn’t help my figures survive. I lost pretty quickly after Carr died (who died the turn after Tetsuo did).

On the plus side, I did a total of 5 wounds to Nilfy. Andddd that was about it.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 23rd, 2020, 10:36 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Honestly, I feel like we're in a pretty good place here. I'd be happy to consider a buff to 5 range base but otherwise I think we've got a good handle on this design.
Old February 23rd, 2020, 10:49 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I dunno, I'm seeing that Jack doesn't really happen as often as I'd (and aybe we) want.
Old February 23rd, 2020, 11:03 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Mind Jack is currently 2/9 in testing as far as I can tell, so it's performing slightly below average in a purely statistical sense. That's not accounting for the occasional attack where Tetsuo kills his target outright, denying a chance to control them.

That does inspire an idea--a version of Mind Jack that lets Tetsuo take a turn with a hero he wounds enough to destroy before removing them for the battlefield. It's a little soulguide-y but I'd happily reduce or eliminate the d20 roll with that restriction. Would need an editing pass though, and I'm also happy with iterating on what we have now.

5 range does mean more flexibility in attacks, but are you looking to consider dropping the roll or implementing a chance at not taking a wound from Overclock?
Old February 23rd, 2020, 11:09 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
That does inspire an idea--a version of Mind Jack that lets Tetsuo take a turn with a hero he wounds enough to destroy before removing them for the battlefield. It's a little soulguide-y but I'd happily reduce or eliminate the d20 roll with that restriction. Would need an editing pass though, and I'm also happy with iterating on what we have now.

This would be incredible.

My concerns thus far have been the "fun" part of Tetsuo not activating often often, having two different requirements. Allowing him to Jack a wounded or killed hero would be great and go a long way towards my concerns.
Old February 23rd, 2020, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
5 range does mean more flexibility in attacks, but are you looking to consider dropping the roll or implementing a chance at not taking a wound from Overclock?

I'd like either, yes, a wound chance or ideally straight up making Jack into a renamed Enslave, maybe with a slightly higher chance to activate because he's a unique hero.
Old February 27th, 2020, 04:57 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm concerned about the 4 range from my tests and what I've seen so far. I'm not ready to push for a change just yet, but it's something that has popped up in multiple scenarios and really limits his potential.

Letting him Mind Jack destroyed heroes sounds fun, but I'm not sure how much trouble that would be for Editing and keeping the design pretty simple. Assuming that we drop the D20 roll and only have Mind Jack activate on successful destruction, I could see it still working with the current direction, though.
Old February 27th, 2020, 07:11 PM

An idea: can we get away with mind Jack activating every time he deals a wound to a hero? And have it still activate even if that wound destroys the hero. At the end of his turn, if he placed a wound on a hero with his normal attack, you may take a turn with that hero, etc.
Old February 27th, 2020, 07:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
An idea: can we get away with mind Jack activating every time he deals a wound to a hero? And have it still activate even if that wound destroys the hero. At the end of his turn, if he placed a wound on a hero with his normal attack, you may take a turn with that hero, etc.
Lava dunking, my friend. Hard no from me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 27th, 2020, 07:42 PM

There's still a chance-based system in play. IT's not like he gets to do it every time he attacks.
Old February 27th, 2020, 07:58 PM

I say we take a chisel to this before reaching for a hammer.

If we're changing something, let's start at 5 range. I'm perfectly happy to do that now rather than getting more tests at 4 range.
Old February 27th, 2020, 08:17 PM

I'm willing to wait for some tests with 5 range but I remain convicted that two separate rolls is too clunky, too complicated, and too low a chance of it activating. That's not a problem another range point will fix.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs