Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old March 23rd, 2009, 12:39 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Jandarforever's Custom Terrain--Ruined Stone Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Holy snap! That is really good! I love those ruins. Very nice, Jf.
Thanks man! I have a good idea of what that next climbable, destructible piece will be: something similar to the platform in Fellowship of the Ring that Frodo climbs up towards the end and falls off when he sees The Eye. It would have ruins of walls on the top that could be destroyed. I'm excited to get started on it!

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old March 29th, 2009, 06:59 PM

JANDAR88 has disabled reputation

I only have one thing to say about your customs- WOW.

You have inspired me. Now I must follow in your footsteps and make myself some cool climable trees.

BLACKMOON'S SIEGE
Heroscape Wave 9 / Coming in July of 2009
(Everyone do this)
Old March 29th, 2009, 07:17 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANDAR88 View Post
I only have one thing to say about your customs- WOW.

You have inspired me. Now I must follow in your footsteps and make myself some cool climable trees.
Thanks! I'd be very interested to see what other people could do with the concept of climbable trees.

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
My custom terrain
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:31 PM

Re: Jandarforever's Custom Terrain--New Structure!

Okay, at long last the next project is (pretty much) done! I still have to make the base sections for it and there are a few more hex shapes to carve out (I noticed that I needed a few more), but other than that it is complete. I'm not exactly sure what to call this one. It's based off the structure in the Fellowship of the Ring that Frodo falls off of when Sauron sees him. Two of the walls on the top were torn down and used for building, and the ones that remained are wearing down. Also like the previous custom, there is some moss growing up the sides.

The steps are each three hexes tall, so units like the Knights can climb one at a time.

I said the walls have been wearing down, but if you want they can be blown to ruins.

These are my first attempt at building destructable objects. I think the structure looks better with the ruins. I used our scroll saw to make a beveled cut for the walls. It made them stay on a bit better.

I wasn't going to show it on a map until I had the base put on, but here are some shots of the structure with figures on it.

I'm frustrated that I didn't put more thought into how to get onto the hexes. What I think I'm going to do is just go ahead and carve out two more hexes to make a seven hex tile. Even though the two next to the entrance will be incomplete, it will at least help with movement and determining adjacency.

That's one big thing I have to work on, making my hexes line up. I really need to think that out more. The steps are even worse. Determining adjacency and range on them is going to be tough. Sorry that it looks (as far as color goes) a lot like the ruins of the stone arch. I need to start getting some more variety in my base colors. But hopefully you guys like it anyway. Thanks for looking and as always advice, ideas, and just comments in general are greatly appreciated.

My custom terrain
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!

That is an excellent custom! Simple yet elegant in its simplicity. As far as additional hexes, I think you only need 2 pseudo hexes (pentagons) in the spaces between the stairwell and the existing 2nd floor hexes. Otherwise its great as is.

GENERATION 27:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Excellent Job! I love how much playability you put into these. That ruin is awsome.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:01 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Its so pretty. Spacing the hexes is tough. I'm dealing with that right now in a little project of my own, but I don't think my stenciled-hexes-with-tape-on-them method is going to be of much use to you.
Worst case scenario: you've created an inconvenient piece of gorgeous.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:35 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I wish I had ambition and creativity like you.
Thats really the difference between posting pictures and only looking at them though isn't it.
Yet again great work.
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:53 AM

A big thank you everyone! It's weird that even though this piece does look simple, it took quite a bit of work to put together. Getting everything in place and figuring out just how to do everything was challenging. I think that the pillars add a lot to it. They're those decorative type things that you can get in any wedding section.
I must say that it's always rewarding seeing a jumble of pink foam go to something that looks halfway decent. That's doubly true when it's a pink structure with white pillars! Again, thank you all for your support. The comments I get here are worth all the effort (not to mention it's cool playing with the customs).

My custom terrain
Old April 24th, 2009, 11:15 PM

Here are some shots of the finished structure.
I carved these two spaces out to determine adjacency to the last step. As you can see, they don't really line up nor are they even hexes. But hopefully it will make playing go more smoothly.

Here are the bases I made for the pillars. They're made from popsicle sticks as usual, but I think it made them look a lot better when painted to match the pillars.

Here is the structure on a board. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to make it more a part of the map, but the one I had up made it impossible to put in anywhere but a starting zone.

And finally, here's a few more pics, with figures, of the structure in action.

I'm sorry if the lighting on these isn't that great. Our board has been moved to our loft which does not have the best lighting at the moment. If you guys want, I could take some more during the day and maybe on a different board, once I break this one. I'm looking forward to trying this out. I think the biggest problem I will have will be determining stuff from the hexes. I don't know if anyone else has trouble with this, but sometimes your materials just don't allow you to make customs that line up with the tiles. An example would be the shape of the structure, or the thickness of the foam. I think these things really caused trouble. I guess it would be difficult for a lot of people to make a square building for this game though, and have everything line up just right. So yeah. I'll try to post a battle report on how this thing works out. Thanks for looking!

My custom terrain
Old April 25th, 2009, 07:26 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Amazing.
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:12 PM

Poseidon's trident is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
Amazing.
What he said!

Twas' a bad day when I almost quit Heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles