Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old October 18th, 2021, 07:54 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Tetsuo Tyrell (Jace, Investigator) - Playtesting

Good stuff, guys, thanks. I did finally get a map set up again, so I'm not sure where I'll start yet, but hopefully I'll be able to contribute more playtests soon. My plan is to tackle one thing at a time until it's able to move forward, starting with Pod 0.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 20th, 2021, 12:30 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

No worries. Life's been busy as of late on my end, too; I'm hoping to be able to come back and scream Tetsuo at the top of my lungs again soon.
Old December 25th, 2021, 10:14 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe I missed something, but I’m not sure whether the intent is that Overclock is stackable throughout the game or only a bonus for the duration of the turn/round since there is no clarification for either, leaving it open ended, up to interpretation.
Old December 25th, 2021, 11:07 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Pretty sure it's a temporary add for the turn; otherwise you'd have to have two separate stacks, one for his Overclock wounds, another for his normal wounds.
Old December 26th, 2021, 11:57 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Maybe I missed something, but I’m not sure whether the intent is that Overclock is stackable throughout the game or only a bonus for the duration of the turn/round since there is no clarification for either, leaving it open ended, up to interpretation.
It’s intended to be in effect only for the duration of the turn. I believe that all similar buffs are only in effect for one turn unless explicitly stated otherwise (see Marro Stingers and Anubian Wolves for classic examples of this precedent).

Thanks for stopping by; if you have any other comments or feedback we’d love to hear it!
Old December 26th, 2021, 03:27 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
It’s intended to be in effect only for the duration of the turn. I believe that all similar buffs are only in effect for one turn unless explicitly stated otherwise (see Marro Stingers and Anubian Wolves for classic examples of this precedent).
Okay, those are the precedents I wanted to see. Makes sense then. Looking through my cards again, there are tons of abilities that leave it like this.. Something I never really internalized I guess and the wound accumulation aspect threw me off. I think "After moving" (and before attacking) could be added as is used in stinger drain? I'll be looking through and familiarizing with all the designs slowly. The playtest tourney sounds like a good fun idea.

Last edited by SchismaticSounds; December 26th, 2021 at 07:19 PM.
Old March 20th, 2022, 09:54 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Playtest here.

Quote:
Tetsuo just unfortunately didn't realize his potential, MJ seems fine at 19 since it never went off (and at best it would've been an inconvenience to Ozuul since he didn't have much of a team to turn on). Floated the idea of increasing the Overclock bonus even more, especially given his low Defense.
Since MJ was at 19 on the printed card I had, that's what we used, though it didn't make a difference.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 9th, 2022, 12:24 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

As an alternative to dropping back to 19+ for MJ, we could also look at giving him 7 life (lowering the minimum roll needed to 14 and making him a bit more consistent). I don't particularly love the idea since I think that him being such a fragile glass cannon is memorable, though.

I'm content with the power mostly underwhelming in tests, though, since those rare times when he Mind Jacks Ozuul and nukes an enemy or throws Heracles into lava justify his inconsistency IMO.
Old April 10th, 2022, 08:54 AM

Yeah I don't like messing with his right-stats either. Just have to figure out where MJ should start, and I'm on the fence between 19-20.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 8th, 2022, 08:15 AM

Notes from a quick playtest after last month's local event: Tetsuo Tyrell did some damage, though not his points worth (just a few damage to a couple other Heroes). It seems worth bumping Mind Jack roll back down from 20 to 19, since he's relatively fragile and it's more fun when it actually happens. I believe this would have made MJ trigger once, which would likely have resulted in TT earning the rest of his points back if not more. Better odds on MJ can help encourage use of Overclock, too, again making the whole package more fun (and again making him more fragile).

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old October 8th, 2022, 01:38 PM

I still think that Mind Jack should be at 20 and not 19. It's an inconsistent power by its nature, and it will miss more often than not, but those times that it hits create the most memorable games.

At 19 base (18 if he overclocks first), there's also only one turn where his odds will be worse than the Mind Flayer Mastermind's Enslave 17, since there are very few turns with this iteration of Tetsuo that I haven't found the extra stats and odds to be worth him burning out a bit faster. Neither figure is going to be super competitive, but I also think that he is already just outright better than the Mind Flayer.
Old October 8th, 2022, 01:40 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I think it's okay for him to be better than the Mind Flayer. It is an overpriced and underused figure.

I'll think the 19 vs 20 issue over... It is the kind of power that shouldn't necessarily trigger every game. Another dial is life; drop to 19 but also do one less life. Stay at 20 but add one life.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs