Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 10th, 2008, 03:54 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
One thing fourshadow got me thinking about now is:

Say 2 nakita's are adjacent to each other, and you pounce one of them, then get placed next to the other, do you get to skip the engagement strike since you didn't "move" there?
I would skip it. I don't think the Nakita's can use their engagement strike, since you never did "move" into engagement with them. The word "place" is used on the wolf card, not "move". They are different IMO.
Old April 10th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
One thing fourshadow got me thinking about now is:

Say 2 nakita's are adjacent to each other, and you pounce one of them, then get placed next to the other, do you get to skip the engagement strike since you didn't "move" there?
I'd let them do it. If the Glyph of Erland and Jotun's Throw can trigger the Engagement Strike, Pounce should too. Put your three Nakita's together and you've got two chances at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:06 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Okay now I agree. From grungbob's mouth: "The designers have stated that moving and placing are synonymous basically"

Came from this thread: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=1763
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Just ruminating on the possiblities...

The wolves are amazing opportunists. Their mobility via the pounce function can move past Rat and Glad barriers, over terrain like rivers and lava and has the potential to grab defended heights adjacent to enemy units. The disruption these guys can cause to movement and enhancements adds such an exciting tactical ripple to the game I can barely wait to play them. Depending on cost, these may be a VERY nasty 4th Mass counter, killing three and tying the adjacents up from a start outside of their firing range. They are absolutely spectacular glyph stealers. Most armies will be forced to play differently if facing the wolves - what more can you ask for?

~Aldin, lupine-ing for the fjords

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 10th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
The other neat side effect is that Deathstalkers, Templar, and Marrden Hounds will make a good counterdraft against them. And of course, Q9 too, as always.

But the fact that they can just squish Deathreavers! I hadn't thought of that.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 10th, 2008, 05:41 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
They are absolutely spectacular glyph stealers.
Now there's something I hadn't thought of - that's awesome! The rats will now have a unit to fear while they're holding onto that important glyph - no Scatter, and not only did the rat lose the glyph, but his opponent gained it in the same turn! Sweet!

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:30 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Question: If a wolf fails his pounce against a Vampire, does the Vampire get to use Life Drain?

If the answer is 'no', we may have a new Cyprien counter as well.
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:33 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
The answer is no. They're destroyed by their own attacks, not anything of Cyprien's doing.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 10th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Question: If a wolf fails his pounce against a Vampire, does the Vampire get to use Life Drain?

If the answer is 'no', we may have a new Cyprien counter as well.
Zombies would be another question to ask. My guess for both is no, but I'm often wrong on these sorts of things. On the power for the Badru, it sounds rather passive, but both the ZoM and Cyprien say if 'Z or C destroy a figure, then ___.'

Edit: Not as fast as Necroblade. Plus, we agreed on something!

Quote:
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:10 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
These guys are awesome, but I have a question relating to pounce.
Quote:
POUNCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 5.
A Wolf of Badru that moved but did not attack normally may use Pounce Special Attack. To pounce, choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of the attacking Wolf. If the figure is destroyed, immediately place the attacking Wolf on the space the figure occupied. If the figure is not destroyed, destroy the attacking Wolf.
The part I bolded is really confusing to me. It says that it can't be LOWER than five levels, so does this mean you can't pounce a 4th Massachussets Line squad member on the same height level as you or am I reading this terribly wrong? Chances are it's the latter.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old April 10th, 2008, 08:15 PM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
These guys are awesome, but I have a question relating to pounce.
Quote:
POUNCE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 5.
A Wolf of Badru that moved but did not attack normally may use Pounce Special Attack. To pounce, choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of the attacking Wolf. If the figure is destroyed, immediately place the attacking Wolf on the space the figure occupied. If the figure is not destroyed, destroy the attacking Wolf.
The part I bolded is really confusing to me. It says that it can't be LOWER than five levels, so does this mean you can't pounce a 4th Massachussets Line squad member on the same height level as you or am I reading this terribly wrong? Chances are it's the latter.
The figure can be 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 levels above, on the same height as you, or 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 levels lower than you, but no more in either direction. And no more than 3 spaces away.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival
Old April 11th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation
The zombies and Vampires don't get their respective bonuses if a wolf fails a pounce. Their game text specifies that their power activates when *they* destroy a figure. Pounce Special Attack says that if it fails then *you*, referencing the player who controls them, must destroy them, in much the same way that *you* destroy an Anubian if you roll a 1.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units