Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 27th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Mars in January: We are all Heroes

UGh. There is a Unpublished Game event that is going to be at 7th Dimension Games and I wanted to pitch "Planet Killer" there.

I'll let you know.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old January 28th, 2014, 09:14 AM

hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker hose knows what's in an order marker

There is a possibility Hosey and I will be there. It depends on whether or not I have to go into work, but everything else looks like it is lining up right. I won't know until the day before, but I will let you know for sure when I know.
Old January 28th, 2014, 05:04 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hose View Post
There is a possibility Hosey and I will be there. It depends on whether or not I have to go into work, but everything else looks like it is lining up right. I won't know until the day before, but I will let you know for sure when I know.
Well we certainly hope you can be there. I'll put you on the maybes

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 29th, 2014, 01:44 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

The title of this thread still says: "Mars in JANUARY..." Can that be changed to reflect the correct month that this event is scheduled in? I would not want a casual onlooker to get confused and then not participate.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old January 29th, 2014, 02:20 PM

Big Boa is surprisingly tart

Put me down as a definite. This is the closest event I have seen to my home since moving to Princeton in August. I like the idea of using all unique heroes - should be a lot of fun!

One note on the format - I'd like to vote (I know it's not a democracy) for full card scoring. I think full card scoring adds a nice element of strategy to any game. I think it particularly makes sense when dealing with unique heroes. I like getting points for kills not for wounds!

Either way, looking forward to it!
Old January 29th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Put me down as definate. I would rather hang out with you guys!

Would anybody be willing to show up earlier or stay later to help me playtest "Planet Killer"? It's a game I've been developing about saving the world from a planet killing asteroid with some mixed in espionage and conspiracies. Some companies have just asked me to send the prototype and I want make sure it's right.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old January 29th, 2014, 05:04 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boa View Post
One note on the format - I'd like to vote (I know it's not a democracy) for full card scoring. I think full card scoring adds a nice element of strategy to any game. I think it particularly makes sense when dealing with unique heroes. I like getting points for kills not for wounds!
I agree with you; maybe something to think about for the next tourney.

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old January 29th, 2014, 06:19 PM

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Mars in February: We are all Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
The title of this thread still says: "Mars in JANUARY..." Can that be changed to reflect the correct month that this event is scheduled in? I would not want a casual onlooker to get confused and then not participate.
Fixed, and thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
Put me down as a definite. This is the closest event I have seen to my home since moving to Princeton in August. I like the idea of using all unique heroes - should be a lot of fun!

Great! Looking forward to meeting you.

Funny that you mention the full card scoring, I had originally had it that way but changed it. I'm keeping it partial card for now, but if enough of you yell at me about it I won't have any problems changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Put me down as definate. I would rather hang out with you guys!

Would anybody be willing to show up earlier or stay later to help me playtest "Planet Killer"? It's a game I've been developing about saving the world from a planet killing asteroid with some mixed in espionage and conspiracies. Some companies have just asked me to send the prototype and I want make sure it's right.
Awesome. I'll be there to help play test if you need me, though it would probably be better to get some outside ideas.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old January 30th, 2014, 10:58 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here is another vote for full card scoring.
Old January 31st, 2014, 02:32 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:

@ B_B ~ Yeah, me too. It's great that you are coming. I'm looking forward to seeing you again. This is the "MARS Group" that I told you about. We used to get together every other month here at Games Keep in West Chester. It's 82 miles from my house in CMNJ, but I realize that IT IS a convenient half-way location between me and the other guys coming from Baltimore, Pookeepsie, near Denver, [PA], and points even further west.

IF you are using MapQuest or GPS and it tries to take you out I-276 to I-76 (the Pensy Turnpike) and then south on Rt. 202 at King of Prussia through Exton - I'd suggest you reconsider taking I-295 or I-95 all the way south to the Commodore Barry Bridge near Chester and then get on Rt. 322 for the last 15 miles that leads straight into the store's parking lot. The other was might be shorter or faster, but I've been both ways and find this second one much easier and user friendly.

@ Arcus ~ I'm lovin' your new avatar; he looks a lot like my new grandson who just turned ONE ("1") last week. So When are we going to see this little guy playing H'Scape with us... hehehehe ; - )

@ TOM ~ Did you get your Golden LOS Thread for the Leviathans' KS yet? I'll bring you one [-just kidding-]. Do you still plan on sticking with that game also when it is re-released? I've been watching the Forums chatter and there seems to be a lot of frustration with the long delay. I just invested another $200 into X-Wings, and at least I can play it any Monday or Wednesday that I feel like driving 50+ miles to Pitman or West Berlin.

@ Spidy ~ Thanks for keeping it Partial Card Scoring for THIS event. With the Marvel figures included, I think (imho) that we are going to see a lot of similar armies of only three or four characters and there would be too much incentive to completely KILL only the highest point value character. Excluding Marvel would open up the unit combinations to a lot more diversity and the need for a more balanced strategy and not just a lucky Life Drain or Witherwood Bolt die roll.

@ Pete ~ If I come alone, I will be free to stay later and playtest that gnu gume with ewe after I win the HS tourney (haha!). However, there's a chance I might have a passenger (and an extra HS player), who may then want to get back home to his girl friend right away. I always "TRY" to get there early, but I'm lucky if I have enough time to stop for coffee, and Carl doesn't open the store 'til 12 anyway, so are you planning to set up your prototype prior to the main event at McD's or in the parking lot?

@ Hose & Hosey ~ I hope you guys can make it. It would be go^od to see you again.

@ M_D ~ Sorry that you can't make it. It won't be the same without you, but we'll all have a better chance of placing higher in the rankings.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE

Last edited by Johngee; January 31st, 2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: corrected typos
Old January 31st, 2014, 03:03 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
@ Arcus ~ I'm lovin' your new avatar; he looks a lot like my new grandson who just turned ONE ("1") last week. So When are we going to see this little guy playing H'Scape with us... hehehehe ; - )
Thanks John! Wyatt turns 1 the 19th of Feb. He is teething right now, so definitely NOOOO Heroscape!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old February 1st, 2014, 07:20 PM

So, by my count there are 3 votes for full card scoring and 1 for partial. I've changed it to full.

Who knows, maybe I'll change it back to partial in a week

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events