Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 12th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SANDSHREW!

[quote=kaiyu0707;1141082]
Quote:
Sand Attack
If this Sandshrew is attacked with an adjacent attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, this Sandshrew takes no damage and the attacking figure must immediately end its turn.
This will only matter for figures with more than 1 attack since it already rolled attack dice.

EDIT: Sorry for being the official wording Nazi, but we can't half-a** this.
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:16 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Sand Attack 14
If this Sandshrew is attacked with an adjacent attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, the attacking figure may not roll any attack die for the remainder of its turn.
What about this? This combines the two into one.

Edit: kaiyu0707, your new one is better.
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

But what about figures like the Granite Guardians, where a power activates after the attack phase? I say just keep it the way I had it, at least there is a good reason.
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Sand Attack
If this Sandshrew is attacked with an adjacent attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-13, roll defense dice normally. If you roll a 14 or higher, this Sandshrew takes no damage and the attacking figure may not make any more attacks.
How's that? I'm with kaiyu on this one, the versions he's been putting up have been more official sounding.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Do we really need the whole "if you roll 1-13 roll defense dice normally" though? That isn't on Charmander's card.

My version will work, the thing is, you are suggesting a wording change that makes the power act differently. First, I don't care if at least one skull is rolled. If my opponent is declaring an attack, I want to throw sand in his face. Second, we shouldn't be forcing the figure's turn to end, as I pointed out with the GG example.
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:54 PM

caltemus Woo who?

Just read up on wording in Customizing Compendium, kaiyu's wording does sound more official, since it is based on an existing card's wording.

Charlie is the slightly less dexterous, Russo-Israeli KMA
Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:55 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Do we really need the whole "if you roll 1-13 roll defense dice normally" though? That isn't on Charmander's card.

My version will work, the thing is, you are suggesting a wording change that makes the power act differently. First, I don't care if at least one skull is rolled. If my opponent is declaring an attack, I want to throw sand in his face. Second, we shouldn't be forcing the figure's turn to end, as I pointed out with the GG example.
Sand Attack
When this Sandshrew is targeted for an attack from an adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the figure cannot attack for the duration of the targeting figure’s turn.

Will this suffice?
Old July 12th, 2010, 07:58 PM

caltemus Woo who?

You do need to keep "if you roll 1-13 roll defense dice normally", it should have been on Charmander's card.

Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 12th, 2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltemus View Post
You do need to keep "if you roll 1-13 roll defense dice normally", it should have been on Charmander's card.
No, because Charmander's power was based off the Nakita Agents' Smokepowder power, which is what I based the new one off of. The attack dice wasn't rolled, so stating that they have to roll defense dice normally isn't necessary
Old July 12th, 2010, 08:03 PM

caltemus Woo who?

Aah, I was mistaken on where the root of the wording originated.

Viktor

in the
COBALT CAVE
Old July 12th, 2010, 08:04 PM

NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker NightSwipe knows what's in an order marker
Re: Project Pokemon Design Thread: SQUIRTLE!

How about this? Kind of like what was said about making Sandshrew a pain to engage, but with an offensive spin.

Sandshrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSwipe View Post

Sandshrew v2

Sidebar Information:

Pokemon
Uncommon Hero
Mouse
Alert (Timid? But that's a nature...)
Small 3

Stat Box Information:

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

~70 - 80 points?

Special Abilities/Attacks:

Fury Swipes:
After moving and before attacking with this Sandshrew, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-7, you may attack once with this Sandshrew. If you roll 8-13, you may attack twice with this Sandshrew. If you roll 14-16, you may attack 3 times with this Sandshrew. If you roll 17-19, you may attack 4 times with this Sandshrew. If you roll a 20, you may attack 5 times with this Sandshrew. You may attack the same or different figures with each attack. Roll each attack separately.

Sand Attack 14:
If this Sandshrew is attacked by a normal attack by an adjacent figure, and at least one skull is rolled, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-13, roll defense dice as normal. If you roll a 14 or higher, this Sandshrew takes no damage and the attacking figure may not attack again for the duration of its turn.

Climb x2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, this Sandshrew may double its Height.
Changes in Red.

I think Fury Swipes needs some help with wording. Any suggestions?

If pro is the opposite of con, is progress the opposite of congress?
America is the only place in the world where a pizza delivery guy gets to your house faster than an ambulance.
--NightSwipe--
Old July 12th, 2010, 08:09 PM
Caster of Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Sand Attack
When this Sandshrew is targeted for an attack from an adjacent opponent, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher the figure cannot attack for the duration of the targeting figure’s turn.

Will this suffice?
Hmmmm. The second part sounds awkward but the power performs how I would like it to.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum