Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 5th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Honestly, it seems like you could just ditch Magical Protection. It's super niche (it doesn't even do anything against a good deal of the figures with magical defense), and it's a pretty weird combo with Magical Defense of his own. Right now despite being 'protected' against magic, he's vulnerable to magical dudes because they bypass the ridiculously powerful Magical Defense power. Magical Protection is probably never going to come up since other magic dudes will be more than happy to just blast at him with their normal attack.

You've got two powers that are actually uniquely him (and actually useful), if you want to keep them both in some form (and I think you should) I'd ax the power that's just taking up space.
I would have never thought of that but you are completely right.
Remove MP and he works. Cool design.
The quozl power is top notch.
I am stealing that at the earliest opportunity.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 5th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I thought about making the recruitment power blanket-affect all Mutants, but it seemed counter-theme for Scott to muck up all the Telepaths (Emma, Jean, and the Cuckoos would all lose out on that deal).

I really don't see how a Mutant Mind Shackle power is any less niche than a Sidekick-booster. If Cyke isn't fighting Mutants, it doesn't do him any good. It'd be one thing if he were a support figure that you could throw into a larger army as you wanted, but as a central OM Hub, something that depends on the opponent's army like that seems sketchy. Thematically, it's also a tough sell for me that Scott can just talk Blob into switching armies (and as a much more minor point that's neither a deal-maker nor deal-breaker, I think I like the idea of Cyke not having any d20 powers; he should be dependable, not swingy).

There are only a couple Mutant Sidekicks out there right now, but that number has room to grow, and in most army-picking formats you have a pretty solid control over how many are in your army.
Old January 5th, 2015, 04:33 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

You're right. I was just going with something thematic to the idea of recruitment. There's quite a bit of Mutants. But yeah, it's still niche.

Honestly, I'd scrap the first power altogether, and find something else that can really make him stand out, that's usable in more games than not.

That's just my opinion on the matter though.
Old January 5th, 2015, 06:34 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

You guys might want to get @Zettian Juggernaut in the conversation too. I know he's got a Cyclops (II) write-up floating around somewhere. I'd definitely love to see a second Cyke design.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 5th, 2015, 08:11 PM
C3G Super League MVP

Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Zettian Juggernaut is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Interesting idea there Ronin, here's what I've had for a while:
Quote:

NAME = Cyclops (II)
SECRET IDENTITY = Scott Summers

SPECIES = Mutant
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Leader
PERSONALITY = Authoritative
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = ?

LEADER OF THE X-MEN
Before rolling for initiative each round, you may place an additional “X” Order Marker on this card. You may never move this “X” Order Marker to any other card. After revealing a numbered Order Marker on a Unique Mutant Hero’s Army Card you control, after taking a turn with that hero, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card and take a turn with any other Unique Mutant Hero you control within clear sight of Cyclops.

MUTANT TACTICAL COMMAND X
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of moving, you may reveal an “X” Order Marker on this card to move up to 4 Mutant figures you control up to 5 spaces each. All figures must be within 8 clear sight spaces of Cyclops before moving.

OPTIC BLAST SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 5.
Choose 7 spaces in a straight line from Cyclops. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Cyclops's Optic Blast Special Attack. Roll 5 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the GSX: The Uncanny Fast Forces set.
Its model number and name are #002 / Cyclops.

C3G: Books & Online Figure Request
---------------------------------------
Family: Classic Customs & Maps
--------------------------------
My SuperScape Maps
Old January 5th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Honestly, it seems like you could just ditch Magical Protection. It's super niche (it doesn't even do anything against a good deal of the figures with magical defense), and it's a pretty weird combo with Magical Defense of his own. Right now despite being 'protected' against magic, he's vulnerable to magical dudes because they bypass the ridiculously powerful Magical Defense power. Magical Protection is probably never going to come up since other magic dudes will be more than happy to just blast at him with their normal attack.

You've got two powers that are actually uniquely him (and actually useful), if you want to keep them both in some form (and I think you should) I'd ax the power that's just taking up space.
I'd say it's pretty useful considering it keeps
-Brother Voodoo from possessing him

-Dr. Strange from removing order markers from his card (which would keep him from using Mystic Con), so long as he stays out of range of Sorcerer Supreme

-Enchantress from Soul Swapping him

-Raven from placing wound markers on him

-Scarlet Witch from completely ruining your day

-Selene Gallio from placing wound markers on him, healing herself, an hitting him with trees and walls\

-Silver Banshee from placing wound markers on his card

-Tempest from rolling an unblockable attack die against him...I think?

-Zatanna from removing all his OMs, and negating ALL OF HIS POWERS!!!!
(talk about a nasty break-up)

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 5th, 2015, 09:22 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
Quote:

-Dr. Strange from removing order markers from his card (which would keep him from using Mystic Con), so long as he stays out of range of Sorcerer Supreme

-Selene Gallio from placing wound markers on him, healing herself, an hitting him with trees and walls\

That's only 9 characters though.

And yes, of course there will be more figures in the future that will get Magical Defense, but still, it's pretty niche. Is that what you think is best for your design? Because if you are to pull something off the card, in order to make more space, and down to 3 powers, you'll want to choose the least effective and least thematic one on the card. So that's for you to decide. With over 500 designs and counting, that power will only come into play against less than 2% of the overall character possibilities.

Plus, "The Ultimate Con" Quozl suggested, will at least potentially save him once per round from almost any of those form happening.
Old January 5th, 2015, 10:03 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

It doesn't work on like half of those powers. Doctor Strange isn't targeting Constantine with his eye, neither is Enchantress' swap, or Banshee's scream, or Selene's object control, or Tempest's... tempest.

Even if it did work on all those... so what? It would still be a mostly meaningless power. It's pretty much just flavor text, that has a weird flavor on top of that with Magical Defense on his card, on a card with zero room for flavor text to fit.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 6th, 2015, 12:31 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It doesn't work on like half of those powers. Doctor Strange isn't targeting Constantine with his eye, neither is Enchantress' swap, or Banshee's scream, or Selene's object control, or Tempest's... tempest.

Even if it did work on all those... so what? It would still be a mostly meaningless power. It's pretty much just flavor text, that has a weird flavor on top of that with Magical Defense on his card, on a card with zero room for flavor text to fit.
Consider me swayed
Quote:
NAME = JOHN CONSTANTINE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MAGICIAN
PERSONALITY = TRICKY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

MYSTIC CON
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, and before taking a turn with John Constantine, you may either

-move any one unrevealed Order Marker on one opponent’s card to one other card that opponent controls. You may not place Order Markers on any cards not in play, and you may never reveal an opponent’s Order Marker when using Mystic Con
-or you may switch 2 other Order Markers on Army Cards you control. Revealed Order Markers or Order Markers on Army Cards of destroyed figures may be switched.

RIDING THE SYNCHRONICITY HIGHWAY
If you win initiative, and there is at least one Order Marker on this card, for the rest of the round anytime dice are rolled for a special power targeting Constantine, you may choose an opponent's unrevealed Order Marker. If it is an "X", you may change the roll to whatever you desire. If John Constantine receives one or more Wound Markers from a normal attack, he may not use Riding the Synchronicity Highway for the rest of the round

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When John Constantine is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds John Constantine can take for this attack is one.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old January 6th, 2015, 12:54 AM

You're at 25 lines, so a bit of word tightening will still be needed in order to fit it all on the card. But it's looking good.

MYSTIC CON
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, and before taking a turn with John Constantine, you may either:
  • move any one unrevealed Order Marker on one opponent’s card to one other card that opponent controls. You may not place Order Markers on any cards not in play, and you may never reveal an opponent’s Order Marker when using Mystic Con.
  • switch 2 other Order Markers on Army Cards you control. Revealed Order Markers or Order Markers on Army Cards of destroyed figures may be switched.
RIDING THE SYNCHRONICITY HIGHWAY
If you win initiative, and there is at least one Order Marker on this card, for the rest of the round anytime dice are rolled for a special power targeting Constantine, you may choose an opponent's unrevealed Order Marker. If it is an "X", you may change the roll to whatever you desire. If John Constantine receives one or more Wound Markers from a normal attack, he may not use Riding the Synchronicity Highway for the rest of the round

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When John Constantine is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds John Constantine can take for this attack is one.
Old January 6th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Never Forgets

Could try removing the bullets and having Mystic Con just be one long power, but I don't think it'll read as well.

Old January 6th, 2015, 01:56 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

It seems to me the Magical Defense power here works in the opposite way that it should for the character.

MAGICAL DEFENSE

When John fights magical creatures he will take the full brunt of the attack, but when he gets punched by Superman or shot by Merlyn the wounds are limited to 1. Seems to me the theme here for John should have him taking the full brunt from regular physical trauma but protected from magic based attacks. So how about something more like this:

PROTECTION FROM MAGIC
When John Constantine is attacked by an opponent's figure that has the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds John Constantine can take for this attack is one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy