Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 21st, 2024, 01:40 AM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!
Curt's Customs

Welcome to my custom thread. Just as a brief introduction to myself, I was introduced to this game on New Year's Eve 2020, and I've been hooked ever since. This game has had an immense impact on my personal and professional life. I've rekindled old friendships that languished when life got busy and I even ended up in what I consider my career position due to Heroscape (albeit indirectly). Now, my passion for the game has also evolved as a means of creative expression. I'm having a blast both creating and viewing other's creations.

While these customs are almost exclusively intended for personal use (I plan on adding some personal customs later), I'd still appreciate any thoughts and feedback. I have several designs I'll get around to sharing, but I don't want to just dump a bunch of designs at once, so I'll limit it to every few weeks.

Colossus
Spoiler Alert!

Tortle Faction
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Curt; May 10th, 2024 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Updated Colossus Card
Old April 21st, 2024, 08:52 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Curt's Customs

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt View Post
I have several designs I'll get around to sharing, but I don't want to just dump a bunch of designs at once, so I'll limit it to every few weeks.
Awww, go ahead!

Old April 22nd, 2024, 04:09 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm moving the discussion about the Tortles over here, because it isn't about the "Wurdz" anymore.

I asked about the bonding to see if maybe the water elemental can be added to this synergy web, maybe. Its on theme for sure.

Something like:

Quote:
STEADY BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Stormshell Warriors, you may take a turn with a small or medium Hero you control who has a move value of 3 or 4.
Currently only including Majikobe, the Water Elemental and the Earth Elemental. (And Knight Irene if you were to remove the size restriction.)

Just a thought.

EDIT: I had the VC toggle off, so this is a much larger list. It also includes Sir Orrick, Crypt Guardian, Rygarn, Wildwood Runner and Wildwood Sentinel. Add Large and it now includes M.A.R.S. too. So this doesn't work the way I thought it would...

I'll keep thinking on it if its something you'd be interested in.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old April 22nd, 2024, 04:19 PM

Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby! Curt rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
I'm moving the discussion about the Tortles over here, because it isn't about the "Wurdz" anymore.

I asked about the bonding to see if maybe the water elemental can be added to this synergy web, maybe. Its on theme for sure.

Something like:

Quote:
STEADY BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Stormshell Warriors, you may take a turn with a small or medium Hero you control who has a move value of 3 or 4.
Currently only including Majikobe, the Water Elemental and the Earth Elemental. (And Knight Irene if you were to remove the size restriction.)

Just a thought.
Oh, that is very interesting. From a thematic sense, Tortles (seemingly being a mixture of Tortoises and Turtles) represent earth and water equally, and Tortles have elemental powers since some are druids, so it fits very well. This also would help the Tortles not be as helpless if Majikobe went down early, but it wouldn't be overpowering. I'm going to incorporate that into the card and try it out!
Old April 22nd, 2024, 05:17 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Make sure you saw my edit. I missed all the VC units that fit into that category.

Quote:
STEADY BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Stormshell Warriors, you may take a turn with a Tortle or Elemental Hero you control who has a move value of 3 or 4.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old April 22nd, 2024, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Make sure you saw my edit. I missed all the VC units that fit into that category.

Quote:
STEADY BONDING
Before taking a turn with the Stormshell Warriors, you may take a turn with a Tortle or Elemental Hero you control who has a move value of 3 or 4.
Oh, good catch. Yeah, I'll use this language as I do like the theme of them synergizing with earth and water elementals.
Old April 23rd, 2024, 12:09 AM

Updated OP with the Tortle cards. I appreciate all the help received on them!
Old April 23rd, 2024, 08:38 AM

ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness ryguy266 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could the storm shell warriors use flood launch as written to just get free movement? Since you never target a figure, you just choose spaces and if there’s an opponent’s figure is on there then you can take the attack. Seems like you could really get 6 movement out of these guys most of the time even if there is no opponent figure to attack.
Old April 23rd, 2024, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy266 View Post
Could the storm shell warriors use flood launch as written to just get free movement? Since you never target a figure, you just choose spaces and if there’s an opponent’s figure is on there then you can take the attack. Seems like you could really get 6 movement out of these guys most of the time even if there is no opponent figure to attack.
Yes, that is intentional for now. I’m still balancing out everything so if the movement is too strong I will start by reducing the range of the attack by 1. (I'll probably alternate tests with the effective movement range being 3 and then 2 to see which one feels betters) I wanted to have a way to help the warriors move, while making it a little risky to stray too far from their hero, because if he goes down, then they lose a lot of utility.
Old April 23rd, 2024, 10:45 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like those tortles! Those miniatures have caught my many times as potential Scape figures, and this is a very fun take!

When you get around to finalizing the text more, Flood Launch Special Attach should probably clarify that it is a Majikobe you control (and not taking advantage of an opponent's Majikobe). Perhaps something like:

Quote:
If you control Majikobe, an unengaged Stormshell Warrior within 2 clear sight spaces of Majikobe may use Flood Launch Special Attack.....
Old April 24th, 2024, 07:47 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Updated OP with the Tortle cards. I appreciate all the help received on them!
I LOVE Tortles as a species name. It has just the right amount of dumb, Saturday morning cartoon flavor that works perfectly for Heroscape.

Glad to see you became a Site Supporter and are taking advantage of the privileges.
Old April 24th, 2024, 08:04 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
However, not all Tortles rely on magic or their brute strength to defend their people. Rather, one such Tortle, Grand Master Yawgoo, has spent centuries honing his craft as a Monk. Now that he has been summoned to Valhalla, he has resumed his training, recruiting the Shaolin Monks to teach him of their abilites. The Shaolin Monks miraculously have taught Yawgoo a limited version of their greatly leaping ability, a feat thought impossible by any Tortle. (Design in Progress)
I can already guess what miniature this will be! I currently use this same tortle miniature as a proxy for Master Woo since it is $430 cheaper.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards