Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 15th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Tony Thurman -- MegaSilver's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I like the idea of a figure to tie the Lawmen together - however, it really should be another cowboy and not a future cop. It doesn't feel right for the guy leading a wild west posse not to be a wild west lawman, really.
Good luck finding a good miniature like that though; C3V has already lined up 3 Cowboy minis, and there's not really anything left.

I'll go with changing his defense to 2 and making him have Evasive 3, I think.

New version PBSA:

POINT BLANK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 4+ Special.
When attacking an adjacent figure with Point Blank Special Attack, add 1 additional attack die.

Here is a new power I considered to replace the last one:

COMBAT LEADER
At the beginning of your turn, before revealing a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card in your army, you may reveal an X Order Marker on Tony Thurman's card. If you do, you may rearrange any and all unrevealed Order Markers on any Lawman, Sniper, or Soldier Hero Army Card you control that has at least one figure you control within 6 spaces of Tony Thurman.
Old November 16th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Reuse the C3G Jonah Hex figure? Cut the weird sound bubble off the Cowboy from the 80s Batman set? Do a repaint exclusive out of one of the more plentiful ones they've lined up? Don't worry about getting it into SoV and use an unpainted one?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 17th, 2014, 01:23 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Billa the Boar
This one slipped through the cracks for me. In most Orc based armies, I'm having trouble seeing the Ornak's Pet power get used since most turns are through bonding. Ornak's ability wouldn't trigger it either, if I'm not mistaken, since Ornak doesn't actually take a turn. Otherwise it looks like it can charge pretty reliably with disengage and act as some decent filler. If you can afford the lack of board development, having it killed early by your opponent would be a great benefit for a hero like Grimnak who could then chomp and more reliably kill on his attack.

Tony Thurman
Like I had said to Arch-vile when this unit was put forward to the SoV Workshop thread, I have trouble not seeing the character Kick-Ass when looking at this figure. That hurdle also makes SWAT Team tough to swallow (not to mention how he couples with the decidedly cowboy lawmen and sniper). I'm otherwise on your team when it comes to hitting the theme of a posse of rag-tag lawmen banding together, although I can see arguments for accomplishing that not necessarily through direct bonding. I otherwise like the pairing of Evasive and Point Blank, although I think I preferred the original point blank mechanically. I would argue that it can thematically work because shooting something closer is easier, but it can become difficult to use if they become too close. Heroscape hasn't worked that way for anything else, however, so I don't think it really applies here.
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Billa the Boar -- MegaSilver's Customs

Tony has some good things going for him, but I have to agree with some of the criticisms. It doesn't seem right that "Point Blank" does not include adjacent. The power itself is good but the name doesn't jive. I also have a dislike for "commander creep," though I reserve the right to change my mind based on how he plays. Regardless, if a unit is going to unify the Lawmen, it should be a cowboy. I know it's tough to find minis, but a non-cowboy in that role wouldn't feel right with the present state of the game.
Old November 17th, 2014, 02:50 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Regardless, if a unit is going to unify the Lawmen, it should be a cowboy. I know it's tough to find minis, but a non-cowboy in that role wouldn't feel right with the present state of the game.
C3V literally has the last of the Cowboy miniatures that are prepainted and to scale. There is nothing else out there. I have searched several times over the past couple years and nothing turns up. In this case, we are leaving it up to C3V to make the last of the Old West Cowboys in Heroscape. I don't know if they're going to make one of the guys give cross synergy to them all to make a Cowboy Posse or not, but I sure hope they do. Else, it would be a missed opportunity for those who would like to see it, such as myself. It doesn't have to be direct bonding, but some type of commander synergy would be excellent in my opinion. Else it would be odd that all these guys get some kind of synergy while a Cowboy Posse never shows up in Heroscape.
Old November 17th, 2014, 02:52 PM

(Mini is Superman #011 Gangbuster.)

TONY THURMAN
Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Lawman
Determined
Medium 4/5

Life: 5
Move: 5
Range: 7
Attack: 2
Defense: 2

POINT BLANK SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 3. Attack 4+ Special.
When attacking an adjacent figure with Point Blank Special Attack, add 1 additional attack die.

EVASIVE 3
When Tony Thurman rolls defense dice against an attacking figure who is not adjacent, add 3 to his defense.

COMBAT LEADER
At the beginning of your turn, before revealing a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card in your army, you may reveal an X Order Marker on Tony Thurman's card. If you do, you may rearrange any and all unrevealed Order Markers on any Lawman, Sniper, or Soldier Hero Army Card you control that has at least one figure you control within 6 spaces of Tony Thurman.
Old November 17th, 2014, 02:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I don't believe that there will never ever be another pre-painted cowboy miniature. That is a premise I simply can't accept.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 17th, 2014, 02:56 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
COMBAT LEADER
I have to ask two questions about this one:
  • Why isn't it open to a broader category of heroes (All Unique Heroes, All such-and-such size heroes, all hereos that follow so-and-so, etc.)?
  • Why are Lawmen included under a "Combat Leader" power?

--
--
--

--
Old November 17th, 2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I don't believe that there will never ever be another pre-painted cowboy miniature. That is a premise I simply can't accept.
Look around. There are none in high quantity right now. There are tons and tons of unassembled, unpainted metal Wild West Minis. There are some unpainted plastic minis, such as Reapers, but none painted. Maybe there will be more in the future, but right now all are focused on metal Wild West Minis.
Old November 17th, 2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
COMBAT LEADER
  • Why isn't it open to a broader category of heroes (All Unique Heroes, All such-and-such size heroes, all hereos that follow so-and-so, etc.)?
I was trying to go for a law enforcement vibe here. Much like what SWAT's now become, but trying to find a more general term. What would be a better name here? Power name is not final, just something I came up with.
Old November 17th, 2014, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
COMBAT LEADER
I was trying to go for a law enforcement vibe here. Much like what SWAT's now become, but trying to find a more general term. What would be a better name here? Power name is not final, just something I came up with.
I'll channel @ollie a bit here and say that I'm really uncomfortable with the way that police forces have become more militarized and don't really want to see that as something that is normalized via Heroscape.

So I'll re-iterate that I don't see how this power makes thematic sense with who it includes and who it excludes. If he can be a combat leader for people from another era, why can't he also be a combat leader for historical knights and fantastical warriors?

--
--
--

--
Old November 17th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I imagine an ollie cop design would not have guns and feature a power like:

STOP! OR I WILL YELL STOP AGAIN

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards