Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 7th, 2008, 10:13 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) By-Laws Now Official!

I think he ment ladders to the topmost portion but I believe all the ladders for that one Fota are used up

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 7th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Vydar and ET86, We would love to have you look at maps as well. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Plus, we need maps to be submitted. Can we count on you to build and submit a map?

Obviously, I vote yes for Spidysox since I suggested him. So it look like we have another judge. Any strong reservations Silver Surfer?

Cavalier, Can we count on you to try to make a sub base that would fit within the rules of submitting?

Current Status:

Heroscapers Judges Pending Acceptance:
Spidysox
YES = 3 [stumpy_man, Ugly-Caco, peteparkerh] ; NO = 0;Pending = 1 [Silver Surfer]

Maps Under Review:
Scapecity Tower Bridge by Peteparkerh
YES = 0 [] ; NO = 0 [];Pending = 4 [Silver Surfer, Ugly-Caco, stumpy_man, UnNamed Player to be Traded in Later, Peteparkerh (not eligble, his map)]

Maps pending review:
None

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 7th, 2008, 11:51 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post

Obviously, I vote yes for Spidysox since I suggested him. So it look like we have another judge. Any strong reservations Silver Surfer?
If you vouch for him, I've got no objections. Welcome to the "board," spidysox!

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Vydar and ET86, We would love to have you look at maps as well. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Plus, we need maps to be submitted. Can we count on you to build and submit a map?
Thanks for the opportunity. With the materials I currently have, I will do my best to build and test whatever maps I can. Hopefully by New Year's Day, I will be fully capable of building any maps (c'mon Santa!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post
...I just want all nonflying figures have access to areas where flyers have, that's all. But since you guys have played this through and through, you know better. I'll vote no for this but I'm pretty confident the majority will vote yes.
I want to add that in a timed-tournament situation, a player who had an army of nonflying figures would be at a major disadvantage since the opponent could perch and snipe until time ran out without ever having to come down. From a purely strategic mindset, this map could create a stalemate where neither player is willing to risk leaving their "safe" area. I will have to play through this several times, but these are my initial impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:13 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man View Post
Umm Ugly maybe you're talking about something else but I see ladders on the map. Maybe you want more or something but there are a few ladders on each side of the map.

Old December 8th, 2008, 01:17 AM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly-Caco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy_man View Post
Umm Ugly maybe you're talking about something else but I see ladders on the map. Maybe you want more or something but there are a few ladders on each side of the map.
Ugly-Caco,

There is a ladder on each side to get down from the bridge. There is also a ladder to go from the bridge deck to the upper section on each side. You are correct that you cannot get to the very highest point by ladder. If you are non-flying character it is very easy to get away from someone who has the extreme height.

I've played at least 10 games on this board, and it hasn't become a problem at all (even with non-flying non-Marvel characters). You either take the battle underneath, or you move to the other side of the bridge. None of the characters can fly from one tower to the other without coming down on the bridge deck. You can also stand directly underneath the extreme height. They can't get you there.

And again, we are not trying to do the BoV thing. If a map is BoV worthy, we should submit it there. The warehouse ruin has no way for non-flying characters to get on top either.

As a side note, what makes Marvel really lopsided is the Hulk and Abomination. Maps like this even the score.

Just my thoughts.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.

Last edited by peteparkerh; December 8th, 2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old December 7th, 2008, 10:15 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Well, either way, it doesn't matter. Because only 3 people can vote for the map anyway, and 2 have voted to review it, it is subject for reveiw, right?

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"

Old December 7th, 2008, 10:16 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yes I believe so. Does that mean it's up for review?

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 7th, 2008, 10:25 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

Yep its up for review. However, I don't think we should actually accept it until we have at least one more judge more judge because with only three judges voting on it it will need all of them to pass and it won't be enough opinions. So let us first vote on a judge before the map is accepted.
Old December 8th, 2008, 07:18 PM

stumpy_man, I don't think that we really need to set rules for army requirements. The rules say that the judges will play competetively, and it's up to them to decide what that exactly means. I think that most of us will playtest with only one or 2 Marvel Heroes anyway, but I do intend to playtest these with one or 2 marvel only games, but for the most part, they will be tested with mixed armies.

And on the topic of voting in ET86, if he does get in, unless I am strongly urged to stay, I will step down as a judge because I believe that by that point, I'd more likely be hurting the potential quality of the project, not helping it.

Old December 8th, 2008, 07:21 PM

stumpy_man is surprisingly tart

Why would adding him make you less helpful. All it does is give us more opinions and better total map quality. The more people we have stepping down the less this project is gonna work. Unless you have a really good reason to leave, you should stay.
Old December 8th, 2008, 07:26 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
And on the topic of voting in ET86, if he does get in, unless I am strongly urged to stay, I will step down as a judge because I believe that by that point, I'd more likely be hurting the potential quality of the project, not helping it.
I don't think you should go anywhere Surfer, you were one of the first to start/show interest in this project and your opinions are all well thought out and valid. Plus, it seems like this means something to you. If voting someone else in means that you will step down then I think that we should not be voting at all. If voting someone else in means trying to further the project and get as many varied opinions as possible then I am all for it and I think that is one of the things we are trying to achieve here.
Do we have a optimum number of judges that we are looking for?
Also, I hope no one thinks that I jumped the gun in voting for Scapecity Tower Bridge, I just feel as if I played it enough to understand it.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios