Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 6th, 2007, 10:16 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger

I think I know the outcome of that game. Tor-Kul-Na finally dies (eventually, anyway. He does most of the work), but the Drudges and Stingers reinforce the posistion and destroy everything.
Actually, Charos made it to the Hive and after taking heavy wounds from the Drudge and Stingers, destroyed it. Mimring was killed by Tor-Kul-Na in the meantime. I was foolish enough to forget that I held the Glyph of Crevcor, but I probably wouldn't have taken Charos out at that point anyway.

In the end, my opponent conceded the game. My first Stinger roll came up a 2+1 for Su-Bak-Na = 3. That Stinger came back on a Hive Rebirth roll, and when all was said and done, Charos faced 6 Stingers, 5 Drudge, and 8 Drones. Major Q9 was facing off against a lone Nagrub plus both Tor-Kul-Na and Su-Bak-Na, each with a +1 to Attack for the Glyph of Ulaniva.

My next Stinger roll was a 20.

This was my first SotM experience. Everyone was satisfied. I got to wreak havoc with TKN and he got to destroy the Hive.

My only regret is that I did not play a 1500 point army, where I could have drafted KMS, NGS, and the Marro Warriors plus the Wulsinu. Oh, well!

Old October 18th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
One thing I like about these little guys is that you can hide one behind TorKulNa so he doesnt get snipped but he is still in easy snacking range for the Hivelord.
Old October 31st, 2007, 05:50 AM

Roufus has disabled reputation
Man I love these guys.
Their so CUTE!
With their large metallic grins, and slightly 'Aliens' design.

Kudos to the sculptors of these guys.
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:13 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufus
Man I love these guys.
Their so CUTE!

yeah they do have good scuplts for walking hivelord food, but i really got to thank them for the drudge scuplt.

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old January 19th, 2008, 03:48 PM

Location: Seeking a local agency for the missing bodies of Jamaica's Royal Family...
Ricky007 has disabled reputation
Marrden Nagrubs are useful. They bond with Su-Bak-Na and Tor-Kul-Na, giving them more strength than before, and with the Marro franchise evergrowing, they will become even more useful in time. Their height and cost are truly incredible, and being Marro give them even more power. I would say B+, for they still have weaknesses.

This is what I do for a living:
Old January 20th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by marro_master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roufus
Man I love these guys.
Their so CUTE!

yeah they do have good scuplts for walking hivelord food, but i really got to thank them for the drudge scuplt.
Yeah, Nagrubs are my favorite SotM sculpt, although there are plenty of good ones to choose from. Those eyeless snouts are great.

Gameplay-wise, I was down on these guys earlier in the thread, but like Sonlen, they turned out to be better than I expected. I still maintain a cheap WSG would make them far more valuable.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:29 PM

W v Weringh has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx
What about this:

Tor-Kul-Na 220
Marrden Nagrubs X9 270
Isamu 10

P.S.: Avoid DED, Sudema, Ne-Gok-Sa, Runa, and Kee-Mo-Shi.
this army sounds like a whole lot of fun, but this might probably be one of the rare cases in which i would pick Dünd as my "leading" hero
Old January 22nd, 2008, 04:10 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky007
Marrden Nagrubs are useful. Their height and cost are truly incredible, and being Marro give them even more power.
Just to be clear - they're Nagrubs and not technically Marro, so they aren't affected by the Marro Hive.
Old April 28th, 2008, 02:37 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Marrden Nagrubs

Just thought I'd add my ,

Marrden Nagrubs are one of my favorite common squads in the game because they dont detract from the idea of "HEROscape." Their whole purpose in existing is to increase the staying power of an already strong hero. Most people seem to be mentioning using them with Su-Bak-Na and while I think that is a really good idea in a Marro themed army, Tor-Kul-Na is who I think they were originally designed in mind with. (sorry, awkward phrasing).

Tor-Kul-Na has a decent defense of 5 plus a strong life of 6. He has decent survivability as it is, plus a powerful attack of 6 for killing heroes and a squad killing D20 ability that is very reliable 8+. (This ability is also good if you want to inflict a single wound on a hero to bypass defense abilities) Tor-Kul-Na is an all purpose hero who's only real weakness is powerful range (on height) and Counterstrike characters with more than 1 life point (he can trample the rest).

Now throw in the Nagrubs, I never use less than 3 squads of them with Tor-Kul-Na and have been experimenting with 4 squads. Their tiny size and awkward shape make them VERY easy to hide behind obstacles to keep out of sight. Their attack and defense of 2 doesn't seem very good but many ranged squads share those same stats while being considerably more expensive than 10pts a unit.

The Nagrubs effectively double the survivability of an already VERY durable Hivelord. He can fend off most attacks and whenever he does take damage he can eat one of his numerous mobile life points. The Nagrubs almost eliminate his only weakness; dying from range before he reaches his targets. With the Nagrubs at his side (no matter who gets shot, the Hivelord or the food) Tor-Kul-Na consistently reaches his enemies to wreak havoc.

Not only do they double Tor-Kul-Na's survivability, they add to his already large assortment of attacks. Someone on these forums once said that the key to winning in a game of luck (dice) is to roll the dice as many times as possible. The Nagrubs have that ability in spades with Tor-Kul-Na at the lead.

Every turn marker has the potential for (not counting height or glyph advantages):

1 lifepoint regained by Tor-Kul-Na
multiple rolls of the D20
1 attack of 6
3 attacks of 2

This combination can literally obliterate entire armies consistently; you aren't left with a lot of room (points wise) for ranged units because quite often you dont need them. I have won MANY games with the other parts of my army never having taken a turn.

3 or more squads of Nagrubs + Tor-Kul-Na = Death
I cant wait to see what Wo-Sa-Ga's abilities will be so I can compare.

Last edited by Zealot; April 28th, 2008 at 02:55 AM.
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:09 AM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!

Clarification question here...

Can a nagrub be sacrificed if no wounds have been put on the Hivelord?

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Keeping Marcu in check

Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker Zealot knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by damja View Post

, I'm not really sure. I've never wanted to waste a potential attack or lifepoint so I've never even considered it in my games but I'd need an official ruling before I would say one way or another.

The card doesn't really support the idea since it says "if a Nagrub is destroyed by Hivelord Bonding remove 1 wound from the chosen Hivelord." If you can't remove the wound then I am inclined to believe you can't kill the Nagrub; but the card doesn't say that so I'm not sure.

Either way Damja, I'd stand by my first point, there are very few situations in which I would want to waste a Nagrub by eating it if it wasn't for the purpose of healing, you are better off using that Nagrub as an attack of 2 (they have the same stats as a Blade grut after all)

Edit: I hope no one insenuates based off my post that you can only move and attack with 2 Nagrubs if you eat one in the same turn. I was merely suggesting that if you have a Nagrub that is adjacent to a Hivelord at the beginning of the turn but the Hivelord has no wounds on his or her(counting Wo-Sa-Ga) card, that nagrub may be in a more advantageous position to get an attack in, or simply to move adjacent to the hivelord again in the event that he/she becomes wounded on the next turn.

---- Let's all be honest here ----
---- This is what you thought of when you saw my name wasn't it?
Old June 16th, 2008, 01:29 AM

DarkBladeCB is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by damja View Post

I mean, you could sacrifice it, but you'd not receive any benefit, as there are no wounds markers on the Hivelord to remove.

"Comics are a wellspring of imagination; comics can tell stories cheaply that other mediums cannot express. Today it costs $100 million to do special effects on film in 'Fantastic Four' that Jack Kirby could create 40 years ago with a pencil."
-Grant Morrison, at the New Yorker Festival

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units