Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old August 19th, 2009, 03:12 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Tournament Armies Played

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Overall Tournament record to date 81-19-1
Pretty spiffy record! 80% win rate

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 23rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I updated my old Playing Style blog post with my record with and against each unit I've played as or against in tournaments after GenCon '09.

I still haven't won against someone playing 4th Mass or Sir Gilbert in tournament play, or 2 squads of Venocs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 23rd, 2009, 02:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Dude, TW, you had the king sheet army with the Dzu-Teh, NoNW, Ne-Gok-Sa and Romans. That was such a sweet deal, and I'd have never thought of that.

Kudos!
Thanks! I think I only went 2-3 or maybe 3-2; it's hard to remember. Dzu-Teh are great in HOB!

Old August 30th, 2009, 12:38 PM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Updated

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old September 19th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I just updated my post on page 2. I went 4-0 taking 1st place at September Slam today.
My army was -
MRT x 4 - 280
Raelin - 360
BA - 410
Theracus - 450
MW - 500

My overall record is now 85-19-1

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old September 20th, 2009, 08:19 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Gee MM thats a lot of range there. Are you telling us that your becoming girly?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Last edited by stubobj; September 20th, 2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Range is for girls right?
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Nope, he's showing us he's versatile. He can excel with KoW, Gruts, even the girly ranged MRT that everybody's been dissing. Hopefully they won't diss now.
Old September 20th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

I think he is just running out of melee units that he hasn't won a tournament with. At least the MRT have extra bonuses when they become engaged.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:44 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I updated my first post (page 1) with some stats, showing how many games I've played with each unit, and by W/L record and winning %. It's sorted by games played, so the most relevant data is at the top.

I've played Rats way, way too many times.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 26th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

I played 3x Glads, 2x Blasts, Raelin at a 440 pt tournament in Minnesota. (Rochester Gamer's Reunion). I went 4-1, with a high PD, getting 3rd out of 30. I actually lost to Hoju in the first round, who ended up 4th.

I'll update my first post, and get a battle report up when I have the time.

Quote:
Old September 26th, 2009, 11:10 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Today I played....

Jotun
Q9
AE

2-3 with 2 close games...alot of fun to play and a bit unorthox...it wonme the "Most Unique Army prize
Old September 26th, 2009, 11:30 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

This was last month:
3x Axegrinders
Migol
Nakitas
Krav Maga-510

First game I lost against OutForBlood's Wolves of Badru and Kaemon. He basically wiped the floor, though I did take out Kaemon.

Second game I lost against OdinAsguard's 10th Reg, Arrow Gruts, Swogs, and Krug. I took out Krug early, but got bottlenecked by a lava field and picked off.

Third game was against Jacob. I won vs. his 10th reg, Marro Warriors and Nilf. My dwarves took out Nilf in like two turns thanks to some lucky rolls, then my Nakitas picked off the rest.

Fourth game I won against Stu's Q9, Glads and Blasts, and Raelin army. This was a really close one, I was ahead by around 11 points at the buzzer.

Fifth game versus Randy. He had Charos, Q10, Kumiko, Tarn Vikings, and MWs. My dwarves, after a long fight, took out Charos, then got height and killed Q10.

All-in-all, it was a great experience for my first tourney. So my record is, I think, 60% winning.

Update 4/10:
Played the Greenroller (4x Green Scale Warriors and Charos)at a 450pt tourney today. Went 3-2 and came in 3rd.

First game: He had 2 Hydras and Braxas. The dice definitly favored me, and I won pretty quickly.

2nd: Against OdinAsguard. He had PKs, Q10, Rae, Isamu. It went back and forth for a while, but I pulled ahead. He took out about half my army.

3rd: Gelcom5. Gah, I helped him make this army. It was the one I really didn't want to play against. 3xAGs, 2x10th, Rae, Isamu. He beat me, but I took out all of his Redcoats.

4th: Stormshadow. He used I believe: 2xMicrocorps, Krav, Carr, Otanashi, Earth Elemental. I won, losing only 3 GSWs and about 4 wounds on Big C.

5th: Weesel. He had 3xKoW, Gilbert, MWs, Rae. This is one of my favorite games I've ever played. It swung back and forth, at first the Lizards didn't seem able to overcome the knights. Then I took out Gilbert, and Charos went to work. After a long chase, Charos finally fell to his MWs. Then it all came down to rolls between my last GS and his last knight. He eventually won, but this game was a real nailbiter.

For my first time ever using the GSWs or Charos, I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

So my record is 6-4, 60%.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain

Last edited by Sport351; April 11th, 2010 at 11:44 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion