Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old September 12th, 2013, 05:03 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Kursus

I've never played with him, but the couple of times I've played against him or seen him played, he was usually used as a suiciding Kursus Bomb in Round 1 on the start zone. None of those times was he able to kill his points. He was always swarmed afterwards and killed.

I definitely think that can be very effective against some unique squads, but the time it takes to get Kursus to another person's startzone and without a bonding unit leads me to believe that isn't the best use for him in general. (which is why I though some kind of ability to move on someone else's turn like the G-Nators would be super useful)

I think he would be better used as a bounding hero in the mid-late game stages and only using his normal attack, unless a really juicy opportunity presents itself or a 1 life suicide strike for the extra attack makes sense.
Old July 5th, 2014, 11:51 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
He also costs 55 points, so he can bring your Roman build back to even numbers if your point total ends in 5.

The Gang is playing a Taeblewalker-hosted scenario next Wednesday he calls

The Marro Invasion!

Taeblewalker and chas are playing the Marro in a 600 point, 30 spaces, per player kill-'em-all. The Marro team is limited to Marro, Wulsinu and Nagrubs.

Sherman and I will be playing the defenders.
The defending team gets 600 points of Aquilla, Einar, Jandar and Ullar units per player. I'm thinking

250 Romans x 5
145 Azurite Warlord
100 Marcus
55 Kursus
50 Me-Burq-Sa
600, 25 (out of 30) spaces

The Marro are known to be fielding a Hive.
Old July 31st, 2014, 03:07 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

When would someone use Kursus' normal movement over his Bound (except for movement bonuses like road)?
Old July 31st, 2014, 03:10 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Whenever they wanted to get somewhere more than 4 spaces away...

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 31st, 2014, 03:28 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Also when Kursus is engaged but doesn't want to disengage (circling a figure to gain height or something).
Old July 31st, 2014, 03:28 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Whenever they wanted to get somewhere more than 4 spaces away...
My bad for poorly wording that.

That's a rare moment, I would think... (as I'm testing a figure for HoSS that has 5-move/4-move special and so far it has been). Other than that, any time there's at least two elevation changes, it's better to use his Bound (one elevation change is a tie between the two so what's it matter then?).

Is a -2 separation between regular/special movement not a better balance of regular/special movement? Sgt. Drake has a 2 move separation between his move and Grapple Arm... Does his normal movement get used more than his Grapple Arm (I don't play him enough to know)?

I guess I'm really wondering what the thought process was for making Bound 4 move? Or was it just that Sgt. Drake's Grapple Arm has 4 move? And how often did the playtesters find themselves using normal movement over Bound?

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Also when Kursus is engaged but doesn't want to disengage (circling a figure to gain height or something).
This works to answer my question.

Last edited by Sheep; July 31st, 2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old July 31st, 2014, 04:22 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

It was based exactly on Sgt. Drake's Grapple Arm power.
Old August 4th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Gorillitrooper synergy updated:
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 4th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Thanks. Updated.
Old August 9th, 2014, 10:17 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

If Kursus attacks Isamu with his SA and Isamu vanishes, can Kursus be placed in Isamu's space or is he destroyed?

--
--
--

--
Old August 9th, 2014, 10:26 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Isamu was not destroyed, so Kursus cannot be placed on the space Isamu occupied. I suppose you could make an argument for it if Isamu vanishes and is then killed by an engagement strike or HLD or falling, but that doesn't really appear to be the intent of the power.
Old August 9th, 2014, 10:38 PM

Thanks. That is how I read it.

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs