Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Old August 20th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
National Heroscape Day News!

Folks!!

National Heroscape Day OCT 18th is our next big focus. This year has the potential to be bigger and better than ever for a couple of reasons:

As far as I know, Heroscapers and WOTC will be supporting NHSD in a very good way!

We have an opportunity to become nationally ranked through WOTC and DCI.

My suggestion is for everyone who is even thinking of running a tourney, get going on this. Book a local venue and tell everyone you know to come out and play heroscape. There will be prizes and Skahens!

Let's take this opportunity to really show off! Maybe we can get national rankings in place who knows?!!! Your local game store may already have DCI in place and be able to support your event.

Let's put this all together here in this thread or on this forum!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2008, 12:35 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: National Heroscape Day News!

This sounds awesome. It's great to see what WotC and the HSers.com community have done with this (thanks, Ian!).

By the way... this might be a stupid question, but what is DCI?

EDIT: Found out a little bit about DCI from Google, but not enough for it to make sense. It appears to be some kind of ranking system/organization for competitive players, but I couldn't find much else. Is that about right?

Last edited by Nadom; August 20th, 2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old August 20th, 2008, 12:57 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

That's exciting news! Along with a national ranking system, I assume there would also have to be a standardized tourney ranking system. Just curious here, but what do you think that system would look like?
Old August 20th, 2008, 01:06 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

GB...you do know that they did not use DCI numbers for us for a few events at GENCON right? I heard them say "For Heroscape? Don't worry about the DCI number"
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
GB...you do know that they did not use DCI numbers for us for a few events at GENCON right? I heard them say "For Heroscape? Don't worry about the DCI number"
Of course I know that. Our hope is that we can get the DCI numbers in place to use on NHSD. Even if you don't have a computer or DCI software, there are ways to do it manually as well. Then for all future events that players run, they can report to DCI and we can track the nations best players and also keep track of players to better assess prize needs and to assisit FLGS in adopting Heroscape (since most have DCI Reporter software available).

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:47 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Of course I know that. Our hope is that we can get the DCI numbers in place to use on NHSD. Even if you don't have a computer or DCI software, there are ways to do it manually as well. Then for all future events that players run, they can report to DCI and we can track the nations best players and also keep track of players to better assess prize needs and to assisit FLGS in adopting Heroscape (since most have DCI Reporter software available).

I was kind of disappointed since they made us get DCI numbers on day 1 to only later find out they werent tracking them. (Then again I played so poorly it may havbe helped me )

Was also curious about how non-tournament events for NHSD would be supported. NESA will be sponsoring an all day event with open gaming and workshops etc so folks that maybe cannot commit to a full tournament could still come by and be part of the day. Some Damnation Alley type games will be going on probably too but the day is basically designed for folks to enjoy the game and maybe bring along someone who may not be tournament ready but wants to learn from some more seasoned players.
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:49 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This very exciting to me. Thanks for your part in making this happen, GB.
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was kind of disappointed since they made us get DCI numbers on day 1 to only later find out they werent tracking them.

Was also curious about how non-tournament events for NHSD would be supported. NESA will be sponsoring an all day event with open gaming and workshops etc so folks that maybe cannot commit to a full tournament could still come by and be part of the day. Some Damnation Alley type games will be going on probably too but the day is basically designed for folks to enjoy the game and maybe bring along someone who may not be tournament ready but wants to learn from some more seasoned players.
The way I understand it, is you have to qualify for support, by meeting the DCI standards of attendence etc. When the prize support comes, it will be up to the event organizer to do with as he sees fit.

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:55 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I just hope that I can round up enough people in my area to go to my F.L.G.S. to play...last year was kind of embarassing. It was just me.
Old August 20th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I just hope that I can round up enough people in my area to go to my F.L.G.S. to play...last year was kind of embarassing. It was just me.
Perhaps the prize support will be enough incentive..

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:07 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
I posted a thread at the game stores' website...hopefully the prize support will be enough. Should I start another thread here, I'm wondering?
Old August 20th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I posted a thread at the game stores' website...hopefully the prize support will be enough. Should I start another thread here, I'm wondering?
Couldn't hurt

~IamBatman

~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day