Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old June 25th, 2008, 12:58 PM

Buggoo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Spearmen & Riflemen

Yesterday I purchased the Spearmen and Riflemen pack and was wondering if anyone had any strategy tips for using the Ashigaru Yari (Spear) and/or the Ashigaru harguebus (rifle)?

Mormons are just like everyone else... we're different.
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:08 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Spearmen & Riflemen

Kato Katsuro.

It's fun to get aw few packs of them and just swarm. Not overly good, especially against Syvarris on height(), but fun nonetheless!
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:10 PM

Lord_of_the_elves is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

They are only really good with a whole lot of 'em.
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
It's fun to get aw few packs of them and just swarm. Not overly good, especially against Syvarris on height(), but fun nonetheless!
There are few squads (or heroes for that matter) in the game that are 'overly good' against Syv once he's settled into a sniping perch...

But yea these guys are swarmers to the max... so get MORE of them. Then let Kato boss them around - 300 points for 8 activations? Too sweet.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Try these:

The Book of the Ashigaru Yari
The Book of the Ashigaru Harquebus
The Book of Kato Katsuro

(...Rev would be so proud of me for that. )

Kato really made these guys playable for the first time... for me anyway.
Old June 25th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Try these:

The Book of the Ashigaru Yari
The Book of the Ashigaru Harquebus
The Book of Kato Katsuro

Kato really made these guys playable for the first time... for me anyway.
I know I am
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I'm Revrep proud of you (except the system says I have to spread some around before I can do that).
Old June 26th, 2008, 08:07 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
I'm Revrep proud of you (except the system says I have to spread some around before I can do that).
Old June 26th, 2008, 01:30 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll rep you in Rev's place. (Not that Mossrep is worth nearly as much as RevRep, but what can you do?)
Old June 26th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah just swarm your enemy with spearmen ,and shoot on high ground with your rifles.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:07 PM

Emoskull9 is surprisingly tart
Smile Re: Spearmen & Riflemen

They go good together!!!
Old July 11th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, you really NEED to have Kato to make the Ashigaru playable. Otherwise, they just run around 4 at a time and die... quickly.

But when Kato commands 8 of them to run around at a time they still die... but they take plenty of the enemy down with them!!

So make sure you also have at least 2x of each with Kato... A 400pt core of Kato and 2X Ashigaru is solid!

Enjoy!

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles