Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old January 13th, 2008, 09:47 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
We used this yesterday for our 32 player tournament, and for setting up matches, it was a godsend. However, there are a few tweaks that would make it more efficient.

1) The match list is not wide enough. If you have two full names in there, the map name is obscured by the narrow window.

2) Efficiency in entering results. Instead of a drop down box to select results, I would prefer check boxes, and upon selecting a check box, the user would be forced to the next required field, losing points for the losing player. Consider that most folks are going to be using a laptop with this software, and it needs to be touchpad and <TAB> key friendly...

3) Scaling to full screen. Myopic users appreciate being able to see without squinting.

All in all, though, a fine tool you have in development here.
Old January 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
1) The match list is not wide enough. If you have two full names in there, the map name is obscured by the narrow window.

3) Scaling to full screen. Myopic users appreciate being able to see without squinting.
I will have the program layout and proportions adjusted based on screen size. I have bad habit of designing interfaces based on the idea that people are still stuck on 800x600 at the expense of the rest of us. But are you saying the font needs to be bigger too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
2) Efficiency in entering results. Instead of a drop down box to select results, I would prefer check boxes, and upon selecting a check box, the user would be forced to the next required field, losing points for the losing player.
These seem like good ideas. I want the program to be tournament format flexible but if it is the most tournaments just assign points to the losing player and not the winner I might as well have the program auto go to the losing player's points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOG
Consider that most folks are going to be using a laptop with this software, and it needs to be touchpad and <TAB> key friendly...
I thought I had made sure that the user can tab around in a logical manner. Is there anything specific that might be a problem?
Old January 28th, 2008, 11:37 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!
Just made a few minor changes. You can resize and take advantage of the full screen now.
Old January 29th, 2008, 09:06 AM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
This is a great idea...I will check it out soon.

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old January 29th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Downloading. Will check it out asap.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 30th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Is the TD software set up to do Swiss Style parings? It seems to be, but I just wanted to verify.
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:39 PM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Is the TD software set up to do Swiss Style parings? It seems to be, but I just wanted to verify.
Yes it does, and does a fine job with map assignment as well.
Old January 30th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It seems to do a good job from what I can tell. It's a little unintuitive in parts and I am wondering about tie breakers.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:19 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
PC only, huh? Oh well.

Any suggestions for a good alternative?
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:24 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
PC only, huh? Oh well.

A PC.
Old January 31st, 2008, 05:33 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
PC only, huh? Oh well.

A PC.
I've been thinking of picking up a cheap Dell laptop. The kid's school has switched to PC, the wife could use one, and I want to use some of the programs developed by our members. I didn't want to go back to the PC world, but I may have no choice.
Old January 31st, 2008, 06:00 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Come back to the dark side. Reject the...other dark side.

:P

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software