Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 12th, 2014, 03:49 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Long Island Heroscape League- September - Lord of the Ri

@Sherman Davies
Happy to play it by ear. I am sure you all will make me feel right at home.....

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old September 12th, 2014, 05:04 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

TW: Don't forget the new C3V Dwarves, as we discussed the other day!
Old September 12th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
TW: Don't forget the new C3V Dwarves, as we discussed the other day!
I've looked at them, and I think the Axegrinders would be a better fit for the scenario.

Old September 13th, 2014, 11:51 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation

OOO, OOO ... Dwarves and Orcs, Dwarves and Orcs, should I also bring my Dwarves and Orcs???

obtw: I've already build the two HS maps for my 4-Player "Where in the whole wide Wold" Scenario which are intended to be slid together for a huge battle area, BUTT and easily be kept separated as two individual 2-Player boards depending upon the number of available participants. I can also step back to moderate my W4 battle, taking pictures, taking notes (as we are play-testing some of these units aren't we?), and taking names if necessary -- as long as I do get a couple of LotR games in during the day.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 14th, 2014, 06:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"You're all going to die! Die, die, die!"
--Red Jack, Star Trek TOS

Wait. Who am I fighting this time?
Old September 14th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

It's just about time to face the long dark of Moria……

Old September 14th, 2014, 07:24 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Moria looks great, see you all soon!
Old September 15th, 2014, 09:50 PM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Board looks great can't wait to see it Sat.

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old September 17th, 2014, 04:21 PM

I love what Griznakh said on his LOTR customs thread about complementing Sherman Davies' customs with his own. I'm hoping we'll do LOTR again in the future, and it would be great if we can mix and match them all. Also, you could have other people come up with scenarios using a common pool of both designers' custom LOTR cards--so you three (including John Gee) wouldn't have to design all the scenarios, unless you wanted to do so.

I'm speaking as someone who has no LOTR cards/figures (unless you want to play in 54mm of course) but love Tolkien and would be happy to ransack his works for scenarios. The First and Second Age of The Silmarillion remain virgin territory for example, unless you guys are starting them out on Saturday!
Old September 17th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

I'm not planning on doing anything Silmarillion related. My scenarios, while based on encounters from the books, are more like "what if" games. In fact they may not be very balanced. But that doesn't really matter to me. This is less of a "who will win" than a "let's have fun playing the scenario". If a scenario is not working then we'll just adjust it on the fly. I can definitely say this about what I'm doing. It sure isn't the old you start on one side of the board and I'll start on the other and we'll meet in the middle and fight.

Added: I might add that at this time I have no interest in designing cards for some of the other, more important figures like Gandalf and Frodo. I have no need to. Sherman Davies' cards are perfectly fine as they are. Except the text could be a bit bigger….
Old September 17th, 2014, 11:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

As far as the early ages of the Silmarillion are concerned, it would be interesting to do the Kinslaying of Elf vs. Elf. It would also be interesting to try to make cards for the Valar, and have Melkor wrestle with Tulkas, for example.

Old September 18th, 2014, 12:19 AM

TW: Funny, that's the first suggestion I mentioned to Griz today on the phone. Of course, its also the very first battle that occurs in the First Age. Not that I'd want to feel obliged to stage them all and in chronological order...

As for the Valar--well, there is a precedent; we did play Generalscape!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events