Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 10th, 2015, 01:43 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Post

Thanks @Spidey'tilIDie ! I had those figures in my compilation post, but didn't update the individual posts those linked to. I'll do that now.
Old February 15th, 2015, 03:32 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = WOLFRAM & HART ATTORNEYS
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE SQUAD (3)
CLASS = LAWYERS
PERSONALITY = CORRUPT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 1

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = ???

CLIENT FROM HELL
At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique Demon Hero or Unique Undead Hero that you control to be the Wolfram & Hart Attorneys' Client. Figures engaged with at least one Wolfram & Hart Attorney you control may not attack the Wolfram & Hart Attorneys' Client or choose the Client for any special powers.

OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE
After an opponent's figure destroys a Wolfram & Hart Attorney you control, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, you may, if possible, place that figure on any empty space in its Start Zone.

ON RETAINER
When their Client is destroyed, immediately remove the Wolfram & Hart Attorneys from the game.
---------------------------

Bio: Angel's greatest enemy in Los Angeles isn't any of the demons and monsters that call the city home; it's the inter-dimensional law firm known as Wolfram & Hart, which encourages the spread of evil by manipulating the justice system. After years of conflict with the sinister lawyers, Angel's hard decisions and compromises lead him to take control of the LA branch of Wolfram & Hart himself. As head of the firm, Angel is determined to use their resources for good even if it costs him his soul.

Nothing specific in mind for the figures yet, but pretty much anyone in a suit should work.

Last edited by Ronin; January 17th, 2016 at 11:46 AM.
Old February 21st, 2015, 11:05 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

First up is a Sam Alexander version of Nova a rookie still learning his power...

Nova - Sam Alexander

NAME = NOVA
SECRET IDENTY = SAM ALEXANDER
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = BRASH

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 150-170

Reckless Action 16
Whenever you reveal a numbered Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, before using any other special powers, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you must take an immediate turn with Nova, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. When using Reckless Action 16, add 1 die to Nova's normal attack and subtract 1 die from his defense until the start of your next turn.

CRASH COLLISION 14
If Nova ends his move on a space at least 3 spaces away from his starting position after using his Flying special power, he may choose Crash Collision 14. If he chooses to Crash Collision 14, Nova must immediately roll the 20-sided die once for each figure or destructible object he is adjacent to. If you roll 14 or higher, that figure or destructible object receives one wound. If Nova moved using his Sonic Flying special power, add 3 to the roll and all adjacent figures and destructible objects receive one additional wound.

SONIC FLYING
When using the Flying special power, Nova may add 3 to his Move number. If he does, he cannot attack this turn.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH - Maybe????

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy set.
Its model number and name are #031 / Nova

Character Bio - Sam Alexander is a 15 year old from Carefree, Arizona who lives with his parents and younger sister. His father always told him stories of adventures in space and the Nova Corps, however Sam always believed him to be a drunk. One day when he comes home, Sam discovers his father missing and has an accident while looking for him. Waking up in hospital, he is greeted by Gamora and Rocket Raccoon, who inform Sam of his fathers true legacy as a member of the Nova Corps, leaving Sam his helmet. After putting on the helmet, Sam discovers a recorded message from his father and begins to test out his new found abilities, and flies to the moon and finds the Watcher. After the Watcher tells Sam of a coming alien invasion Sam returns home and meets Gamora and Rocket Racoon who train him to use his abilities properly and then sends him into space to stop the approaching Chitauri armada.

Reckless Action 16 - This is a play on Self-Importance and Reckless Engagement and plays into his impulsive sometimes reckless attitude. He often flies into battle without waiting the rest of his team to disastrous consequences

Crash Collision was inspired by Johnny and is more in line with the comic version

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; March 5th, 2015 at 12:40 PM.
Old February 21st, 2015, 11:07 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Next up is the Ava Ayala version of White Tiger

White Tiger - Ava Ayala

NAME = WHITE TIGER
SECRET IDENTY = AVA AYALA
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = ????

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 130-150

ACROBATIC MANEUVER
When White Tiger rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, one shield will block all damage. For each shield rolled, you may immediately move White Tiger one space up to 6 levels up or down. When White Tiger moves using Acrobatic Maneuver, she will not take any falling damage or leaving engagement attacks.

BERSERKER RAGE 3
When White Tiger attacks, she may attack 1 additional time for each Wound Marker on this card, up to a maximum of 3 total attacks in a single turn.

LEAPING ASSAULT 12
Instead of moving and attacking normally, if White Tiger is unengaged, she may use Leaping Assault 12. Leaping Assault 12 has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Leaping Assault 12, ignore elevations. White Tiger may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. White Tiger may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. After White Tiger moves with Leaping Assault 12, you may roll one unblockable attack die against any or all adjacent figures, one at a time.

Probably a better choice with a simple custom but for now we have been using this. I will find a better option for General as this version of White Tiger may someday be used.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Incredible Hulk set.
Its model number and name are #020 / White Tiger

Character Bio - Ava Ayala is the younger sister of Hector Ayala (original White Tiger) and the aunt of Angela Del Toro (former White Tiger). Her brother opened the door for many Latino and Hispanic heroes, and Ava wants to honor his legacy. She is very passionate about her heritage and after receiving the Jade Tiger Amulet, she took on the alias "White Tiger" as a means to continue her family’s tradition of using the relic to fight crime. Dissimilar to her brother, she lacks the ability to properly control the powerful Tiger God that dwells within the amulet, and is sometimes possessed by it's power.

Berserker Rage - This is thematically tied to her inability to control the feral tendencies of the Tiger God in the amulet.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; March 5th, 2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old February 21st, 2015, 11:07 AM
A Man of Taste

Mutant Response Division Troopers aka M.RD. Troopers

NAME = M.R.D. TROOPER
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = COMMON HERO
CLASS = TROOPERS
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 30

MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may move and attack with up to two M.R.D. Troopers you control. If there is at least one Mutant figure within 6 spaces of at least one M.R.D. Trooper you control, you may move and attack with up to two additional M.R.D. Troopers you control.

ANTI-MUTANT TECHNOLOGY 16
If a defending Mutant figure receives one or more wounds from this attack and is not destroyed, you may immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher that Mutant figure cannot use any special powers for the remainder of the round.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hypertime set.
Its model number and name are #004-006 / Metropolis S.C.U

Character Bio - The Mutant Response Division or M.R.D. is a mutant hunting organization with the job of finding and containing dangerous mutants. M.R.D. was sponsored by Senator Robert Kelly and Billionaire industrialist Warren Worthington, Jr.. Dr. Bolivar Trask and Dr. Sybil Zane served as the scientists for the organization when it came to developing the Sentinels. The M.R.D has as nickname "the Mardies".

The theme of MUTANT ASSAULT FORCE is that they work as a squad of 2 while "on Patrol" and then when a Mutant is sighted they call in backup and are now a squad of 4. At full force a squad of 4 at 120 points.

Last edited by japes; August 20th, 2015 at 05:10 PM.
Old February 21st, 2015, 11:29 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I like both of those new designs, Japes - however, I'm thinking White Tiger may actually be the more powerful one. Nova won't be too hard to kill with 4 Life, 4 Defence and Reckless Action, even as a flier (which tends to boost survivability). White Tiger, however, has Acrobatic Manoeuver, which provides truely spectacular levels of survivability - it has to be one of the most irritating defensive powers in the game.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 21st, 2015, 11:45 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty cool japes.

I think Nova is less points than White Tiger right now based on durability. 4 Life and 4 or 3 Defense with no defensive powers is going to be extremely fragile.

I appreciate your restraint(reminds me of Margloth). I usually always 'over-stat' my designs.

Love those lawyers Ronin!
I was working on a Illyria design awhile back. Blue Meanie rules.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 21st, 2015, 01:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I would say White Tiger looks like she could be a pretty effective figure. The one shield defense will keep her around for a while with just 1 or 2 wounds, giving her many rounds of multiple attacks. I like it.
Old February 21st, 2015, 01:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Liking the ideas for Nova and White Tiger! I'm in agreement with the general sentiment that Nova might need some beefing up; White Tiger looks like a better deal than him at the moment. I think she could definitely hit the 150 mark, though. You could maybe drop an attack die if she's coming in too strong, but I'm not convinced she'll need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I appreciate your restraint(reminds me of Margloth). I usually always 'over-stat' my designs.
Too many dice is an easy design trap to fall into. Nicely handled with White Tiger and Nova.

Quote:
Illyria's great! She's one of those characters I've tinkered with from time to time, but I've never been able to pin down a design I really like.
Old February 21st, 2015, 07:23 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Liking the ideas for Nova and White Tiger! I'm in agreement with the general sentiment that Nova might need some beefing up; White Tiger looks like a better deal than him at the moment. I think she could definitely hit the 150 mark, though. You could maybe drop an attack die if she's coming in too strong, but I'm not convinced she'll need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Too many dice is an easy design trap to fall into. Nicely handled with White Tiger and Nova.

Quote:
Illyria's great! She's one of those characters I've tinkered with from time to time, but I've never been able to pin down a design I really like.
One issue I have is with pricing since I usually play ultra NON-competitive since I mainly play with my son. It's part of the reason I have never signed up to officially play tested any C3G designs as I keep convincing myself that they would probably not be worth much. I unofficially playtest from time to time but never sign up or submit them. The new shorter form however has me more inclined.

Ideally I would like the pair to hit 300 points. In my brain Nova is a little stronger but his hot head tendency may bring him down so White Tiger at 150 feels OK and then if we need to bring Nova up I am good there.

Old February 21st, 2015, 08:21 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
It's part of the reason I have never signed up to officially play tested any C3G designs as I keep convincing myself that they would probably not be worth much.
Please don't let that hold you back. All results can help, and we could use all the playtesters we can get right now! If you're worried about army builds/strategies, the CRB guys are always helpful with suggestions and the LD can always give you some ideas as well.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old February 22nd, 2015, 01:06 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

NAME = NOVA
SECRET IDENTY = SAM ALEXANDER
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = BRASH

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 150-170

Reckless Action 16
Whenever you reveal a numbered Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, before using any other special powers, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you must take an immediate turn with Nova, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. When using Reckless Action 16, add 1 die to Nova's normal attack and subtract 1 die from his defense until the start of your next turn.

CRASH COLLISION 14
After moving at least 3 spaces with his Flying special power if Nova is engaged with one or more figures or destructible objects he may choose Crash Collision 14. If he chooses to Crash Collision 14, Nova must immediately roll the 20-sided die once for each figure or destructible object he engaged. If you roll 14 or higher, that figure or destructible object receives one wound. If Nova moved using his Sonic Flying special power, add 3 to the roll and all adjacent figures and destructible objects receive one additional wound.

SONIC FLYING
When using the Flying special power, Nova may add 3 to his Move number. If he does, he cannot attack this turn.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH - Maybe????
Is Crash Collision supposed to work outside of his turn? I believe it does as currently worded. Might make him a pretty good option with Manhunter, since he can just move back and forth to the same space he started in. I believe he can also add the Sonic Flying bonus too. Even though he can't move more than the static 4 spaces, there's nothing stopping him from adding to his move number anyway.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy