Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 8th, 2023, 10:15 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
You make a good point about the free turn no matter what. In testing I mostly used combinations of Outlaws, and occasionally mixed other things in, but I never actually played Jedidiah as the only Outlaw by himself. I was aware of the possibility, but I didn't really think about it (outside of Ornak builds) as I was focused on the Outlaw Leader angle.
When I saw the design I didn't even really think "Outlaw leader," I thought, "unit that takes free turns." The fact that it can be other Outlaws is nice, too, but I wasn't thinking of trying to use that, just get free turns.

The idea to change to require a numbered order marker on an Outlaw would be a good change, if you want to steer away from just a unit with free turns. That cements him as an Outlaw leader. Sure, he can still fill in on his own, but would require using up numbered order markers, which wouldn't be all that good in most armies.
Old August 8th, 2023, 12:09 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

He's decent on his own I think. You effectively get to attack twice with him, if you give him order marker 3.
Old August 8th, 2023, 12:30 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I have discussed it with Pumpkin King and have decided to make the following changes.
- Underhanded changed to Ruthless, Which is what Garett Burns has.
- Outlaw Ambush now requires an order marker to be revealed on an outlaw hero during the round. This still allows Jedidiah to work when he's alone, but you don't get a 4th order marker for free outside of an Outlaw army.

Quote:
NAME = JEDIDIAH MULRONEY
GENERAL = UTGAR
PLANET = EARTH
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = OUTLAW
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

5 LIFE
5 MOVE
7 RANGE
3 ATTACK
2 DEFENSE
110 POINTS

Utgar's Black Bullet
Once per game, before rolling attack dice with Jedidiah Mulroney, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card to use Utgar's Black Bullet. If you do, you may roll 4 additional attack dice.

Outlaw Ambush
At the end of the round, if you revealed an order marker on an Outlaw hero this round, you may reveal the X order marker on a unique Outlaw hero that you control and take a turn with that hero. Jedidiah Mulroney may be the hero to take a turn with Outlaw Ambush.
For what it's worth, I really like this draft. Nice work, @Leaf_It and @Pumpkin_King !

Only suggestion would be to reword Outlaw Ambush to read "At the end of the round, if there is at least one revealed order marker on an Outlaw hero you control, you may reveal..."

This doesn't particularly bother me, but I could potentially see some issues with Outlaw Ambush being mechanically different from Shadow Ambush and Lurking Ambush. I liked the previous name "Ace in the Hole"; another potential alternative could be "Oldest Trick in the Book".
Old August 8th, 2023, 12:57 PM

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Thank you.

Wording will get fixed later on. Just making sure it's mechanically sound, and understandable right now.

I also like the poker references but that was a sticking point the last time this design was posted in here, so I went with the generic name instead. I borrowed the naming convention from Drow Ambush on the Drow Assassin that's currently in SoV. The abilities are similar.
Old August 8th, 2023, 02:11 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
He's decent on his own I think. You effectively get to attack twice with him, if you give him order marker 3.
It's still an extra turn, so he's not terrible, but it's a delayed extra turn, which is touchy for a 2-Defense figure.
Old August 8th, 2023, 04:39 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

@Leaf_It , Both Special Powers are X Order Marker Based. Could both of these be activated on the same turn? Either way, you'd want clarification added to Black Bullet, since it could only happen once per game.
Old August 8th, 2023, 05:34 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
@Leaf_It , Both Special Powers are X Order Marker Based. Could both of these be activated on the same turn? Either way, you'd want clarification added to Black Bullet, since it could only happen once per game.
It seems pretty clear to me that you can't activate them both on the same turn, since Black Bullet requires you to reveal the X before rolling attack dice, and Ambush requires you to reveal the X before taking a turn with the Outlaw.
Old August 8th, 2023, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
It seems pretty clear to me that you can't activate them both on the same turn, since Black Bullet requires you to reveal the X before rolling attack dice, and Ambush requires you to reveal the X before taking a turn with the Outlaw.
Captain Stupendous is right. You are not supposed to be able to use them both in the same round. If you reveal the X for black Bullet, then you cannot reveal it for Outlaw Ambush. If you reveal the X for Outlaw Ambush, then you cannot reveal it for Black Bullet. It might need an R&C just so that new player don't jump to conclusions, but if you look at the requirements and think about what you have available, I think it's pretty clear that you can't do both in the same turn/round.
Old August 9th, 2023, 05:33 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I need to not post while sleep-deprived...
Old August 9th, 2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
I need to not post while sleep-deprived...
Also @UtahScott
Quote:
Today, 05:33 AM
Old August 9th, 2023, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Captain Stupendous is right. You are not supposed to be able to use them both in the same round. If you reveal the X for black Bullet, then you cannot reveal it for Outlaw Ambush. If you reveal the X for Outlaw Ambush, then you cannot reveal it for Black Bullet. It might need an R&C just so that new player don't jump to conclusions, but if you look at the requirements and think about what you have available, I think it's pretty clear that you can't do both in the same turn/round.
I don't really think that added complication is necessary. Just let him use Black Bullet once per game and be done with it. Allowing him to take a Black Bullet turn and the bonus X turn isn't going to break games.
Old August 9th, 2023, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't really think that added complication is necessary. Just let him use Black Bullet once per game and be done with it. Allowing him to take a Black Bullet turn and the bonus X turn isn't going to break games.
Is it really that complicated? It's exclusive because you don't have an X to reveal if you've used one of them already. I liked that it was a decision you had to think about. Do I want to use Black bullet this round, or get an extra turn this round?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards