Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 26th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Member of the week

Exactly.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 26th, 2011, 01:28 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

My guess is #3
Old December 2nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Red 6 (but you know him as Porkins) is standing by!!!

Quote:
Q: How did you discover the game Heroscape?
A: I remember seeing it in Walmart back in 2004 when it first came out. It looked awesome! But at that time I hadn't learned how to budget yet, so $40 seemed steep.

Then a couple years ago, I saw my son and nephew playing it when we were visiting. I remember that they had Mimring and the Hulk on the same map, which I thought was super cool. By this time, I had learned to budget. I afford myself some spending money each month, so I went right to eBay and bought an ROTV, SOTM and Marvel. Then I found this site. Then they re-released FOTA's...YAY!

Q: If you could place just one more order for Classic Scape, with the provision that whatever you ordered would be at the original price and be in stock, what would you order?
A: Wave 4 Commons. I've got two or more of every other common and at least one of every unique except for Wave 4 Commons.

Q: How many of the C3G designs do you have as Heroclix? Do you play a lot of proxies? If you do proxy, what are some examples of proxies that you use?
A: I have a bunch. I've never counted...OK, this question made me curious so I just went and counted. I have 99 cards for which I have the actual figures (some of which there are multiple such as Skrulls, Hand Ninja, Bodyguards, etc.) When World's Finest first came out, I was really wishing for better superhero customs. There were some good ones out there, but there were some wonky ones too, and you never knew what you were getting. So when World's Finest came out, the quality level and inter-playability was immediately apparent. But there was no telling how long C3G would last. So at first I bought figures for everythign that came out (and I think I've only used Count Vertigo once). When it became apparent that C3G was here to stay, I backed off, only purchasing figures for the characters that most interested me (or if I'm placing a big order and the figure was real cheap to throw in...Echo = 15 cents).

I do proxy sometimes. Alfred, for example, is one I proxy, but most of the time I can find something fun to play using what I've got.

Q: What do you like best about being an ERB Member?
A: It's really fun to get a sneak peak at what's coming along and getting to poke at the new designs and make suggestions. I don't think anything I ERB'ed has been released yet, so it will be interesting to see how much change occurs from the time I see an ERB version until release.

Q: Which C3G design have you played the most?
A: Probably Batman. He has an advantage because he's been around longer than most figures. Oh yeah, and because he's awesome, even if he is DC.

Q: You're also involved with the Heroes of Star Wars Scape customs project. How did you get involved? What is your favorite design of the ones that have been completed? What are you most looking forward to seeing in the future?
A: Heroscape really introduced me into the world of miniatures. I didn't really know that pre-painted minis existed before. I had seen Warhammer type games, but I wasn’t really interested in spending that kind of money, then spending that many hours painting figures before even being able to play. So once I discovered that there were these awesome pre-painted Star Wars miniatures with (fairly) awesome paint jobs, AND discovered that there were custom cards for them on this site, I started trading for and buying the minis. Initially I was using Greyowl’s cards, but then found HoSS and I thought it was fun to be a part of creating the cards.

Favorite design would probably be Darth Vader. I love that fact that if a figure you control misses, that Darth Vader must immediately choke him because of his "You Have Failed Me for the Last Time" power.

Looking forward to: the process of making more Star Wars stuff and playing them. We've got more cards we'd like to do, and we've briefly discussed maps, vehicles, etc. Oh, the places we'll go!

Q: You're also a fellow Monty Python fan. We simply can't contain ourselves when it comes to quoting our favorite moments, so what is your favorite Python sketch or quote?
A: Well, now it’s a month or so too late, but for the past year it had been, “I’m 37, I’m not old.”

Q: If you could have a superpower in real life, what would it be?
A: Invisibility or Mind Reading would be neat, but present a lot of issues (like knowing what people really think about you). Telekinesis or flying would probably be my choice.

Here it is: THE STUPID QUESTION! I'll ask a really stupid question, and you can answer it as seriously or as silly as you wish. Be very afraid! If you'd also like to prepare a C3G 3 Truths and a Lie, feel free to add it!

The Stupid Question: Let's keep with the Python theme. Suppose Monty Python wrote Star Wars instead of George Lucas. Give us a brief description of what the movie would look like. Hmmm, that wasn't a question, was it?
A: You are of course referring to “Spam Wars.” Basically the Black Knight (who always triumphs) gets sent off by Tim to go find the filth harvesting rebels. Fortunately for the rebels, they have learned how not to be seen…except for one named Leia. She chose a really obvious hiding place, as a Senator. Anyway, the Black Knight gets ticked off so he builds the Spam-O-Nator. This device turns half of the people on an entire planet into potted meat, while the other half of the inhabitants are instantly transformed into opera singing Vikings. This allows Pizza the Hut to gorge on Spam and eat himself to death (wait, wrong movie). Anyway, eventually King Arthur defeats the Black Knight and blows up the Spam-O-Tron. Then a parrot flies by.

C3G 3 Truths and a Lie (optional)
1. I’m horrible at coming up with these.
2. I’m horrible at coming up with these.
3. I’m horrible at coming up with these.
4. These are so good that you'll never be able to figure out which is the lie!

Q: Who is your choice for the next Jedi C3G Member of the Week?
A: How about Gurei-Ornery, which I still think is one of the coolest nicknames on this site!
Old December 2nd, 2011, 06:22 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fun (and funny) stuff! Looking forward to reading more about Gurei-Ornery instead.
And, yeah, I remember that power for Darth Vader. That was a fun one!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 2nd, 2011, 07:00 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Porkins and davidhsl are the two guys most likely to crack me up on the C3G boards... they're kind of like the Laurel & Hardy of C3G.

Throw in whitestuff and they become the Three Stooges...

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old December 2nd, 2011, 08:26 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You wound me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 3rd, 2011, 01:34 AM

And here I thought I was the battiest.

Old December 9th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Make way for the King of Swing: Gurei-Ornery, our C3G Member of the Week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery
Q: What is your favorite part about the game Heroscape?
A: The terrain. How can you not love a game in which setup is half the fun?

Q: Do you remember the very first battle you played using C3G figures (or at least an early battle)? Could you give us a brief description and the impressions you had while playing?
A: One of the first was a classic Batman, Robin, Alfred, Gordon, and Beat Cops against Joker, Penguin, Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, and Street Thugs using Grishsmack’s buildings in a little town setting. I think it was one of my son’s ideas and it was also one of our first battle reports. I just remember thinking that this is what sealed the “I hope to be playing this with my grandkids someday” feeling for me. Even if they can’t get into the Classic version, all kids love Superheroes. Isn’t it a requirement?

Q: What is your favorite point level in drafting C3G Armies, and what is your favorite army at that point level?
A: 1250. The original Super Friends from the 70s. It first aired on my birthday in 1973, not that I remember it. “Gathered together from the cosmic reaches of the universe – here in this great hall of justice - are the most powerful forces of good ever assembled.” Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Batman and Robin. “Meanwhile, at the Hall of Justice” Memories, they are what is great about games of all kinds.

Q: The figure you selected to design that's in the Public Design Post is Baron Mordo. What made you select him?
A: My son and I are big fans of the Super Hero Squad show and when I saw him this season, I thought to myself, what is Strange without Mordo?

Q: Beauty Pageant time! What do you think are the 3 best looking Heroclix sculpts and 3 ugliest?
A: Best looking in no particular order: Anti-Monitor, MODOK, Red Tornado
Worst looking in no particular order: Scarecrow (looks like a skinny trick-o-treater waving hello), Alex “Superman” Lifeson (reminds me of Rush’s 2112 inside album picture with the *** hugger pose), Toad (look away, I’m hideous)

Q: If you could re-live any single moment in your life, what would it be?
A: “I wish I could have been there when my father passed away”. Great song BTW.
A close second, and on a different day would be first, would be the day a friend from school in the 3rd grade was kidnapped from the corner across from my house right in front of me. Really wish I could have known he wasn’t sent there to pick her up. Really nails home the “don’t talk to strangers” talk with my kids.

Q: What talent or skill of yours do you take the most pride in having?
A: I have been told I work well under pressure, even though I don’t like it when I am. It feels good to be requested to work on high priority jobs by my piers.

Q: If you could have a superpower in real life, what would it be?
A: Time travel. See above.

Here it is: THE STUPID QUESTION! I'll ask a really stupid question, and you can answer it as seriously or as silly as you wish. Be very afraid! If you'd also like to prepare a C3G 3 Truths and a Lie, feel free to add it!

The Stupid Question: Let's write some fortunes for fortune cookies! Give us five to go with our to-go Kung Pao Chicken!

Fortunes (Heroscape flavor add –ons)
1. You will reach the height of success in whatever you do (if you reach height first)
2. Life with Heroscape is a roller coaster; it has its ups (playing) and downs (not playing).
3. Your venture will be a success, (if you bring cheese).
4. You will be fortunate in the opportunities presented to you, (if you have placed your order markers correctly).
5. Now is the time to try something new.(C3G)

1. My wife loves Heroscape.
2. I have spent enough money over the last year on games, mainly Heroscape, to buy a nice late model used vehicle.
3. I have a bird that likes to pretend to be a cross between Grimnak and a Wyvern on Heroscape maps.
4. I spend more time rearranging and cataloging Heroscape than playing. It is cathartic.

Q: Who is your choice for the next C3G Member of the Week?
A: Tornado

Last edited by davidlhsl; December 9th, 2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old December 9th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

2. I have spent enough money over the last year on games, mainly Heroscape, to buy a nice late model used vehicle.
3. I have a bird that likes to pretend to be a cross between Grimnak and a Wyvern on Heroscape maps.
4. I spend more time rearranging and cataloging Heroscape than playing. It is cathartic.

Clearly number 1 is the lie.... clearly.
Old December 9th, 2011, 03:56 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post

Clearly number 1 is the lie.... clearly.
Now I didn't say she loves to play. There are many reasons to love a game.
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:13 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I hope #3 is true! Now THAT is funny!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I hope #3 is true! Now THAT is funny!
What I like about it, is that it is an incredibly apt description that can only be understood by someone who 'scapes. Great interview.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy