Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 16th, 2020, 02:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
The Book of Yellow Lantern (Mongul II)

The Book of Yellow Lantern (Mongul II)

C3G DC WAVE 51
LIGHTING UP THE NEW YEAR

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a HeroClix figure from the War of Light set.
Its model number and name is #023 / Mongul.

Character Bio - Before he had a Yellow Power Ring in his grasp, Mongul was just one of many petty tyrants littering the cosmos, not unlike his father,the original Mongul. After the first great battle between the Green Lantern Corps and Sinestro Corps, he found a wounded soldier and finished him off, being chosen by its ring as one who can instill great fear. In the absence of their leader Sinestro, the army was in disarray, and Mongul took advantage of the chaos, forcing the scattered remnants to serve under him. Those that refused to follow him became another body in his wake, and another ring in his fingers. It wasn't until Sinestro's return that Mongul was finally deposed, undone by a failsafe in the rings and tossed into the Yellow Central Power battery.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a figure that starts with yellow Battery Markers on his card, Yellow Lantern may have a yellow Battery Marker placed on his card by a Manhunter's Yellow Power Charge special power.
  • As a Yellow Lantern, Yellow Lantern has these Yellow Lantern Synergies.
  • As a figure with Battery Markers, Yellow Lantern has these Battery Marker Synergies.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • When an adjacent figure with a yellow Battery Marker on its card is destroyed, Yellow Lantern may place that yellow Battery Markers on his card with his Yellow Ring Thief special power.
  • As a flying figure, Yellow Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.
  • As a figure with the Super Strength special power, Yellow Lantern interacts differently with these special powers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • Consider bringing Arkillo and a Sinestro Corps Soldier or Parallax Entity as easy ways to get more rings.
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by IAmBatman; January 22nd, 2023 at 12:52 PM.
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Yellow Lantern (Mongul II)

YELLOW LANTERN
MONGUL II

WARWORLDER
UNIQUE HERO
WARLORD
CRUEL

MEDIUM 6

LIFE 6

MOVE 5
RANGE 3
ATTACK 6
DEFENSE 6

410 POINTS

YELLOW RING THIEF

Start the game with one yellow Battery Marker on this card. When an adjacent figure is destroyed, you may move one yellow Battery Marker from that figure’s card onto this card. Add one to Yellow Lantern’s Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers for each yellow Battery Marker on this card, to a maximum of +2 to each number.

SERVE MONGUL OR DIE
Once per round, after revealing an Order Marker on this card, before attacking with Yellow Lantern, you may choose an adjacent figure. The player who controls that figure may let you take temporary control of that figure and take an immediate turn with it. If they do, you may not take additional turns with figures you control. If they do not, roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure for each yellow Battery Marker on this card.

YELLOW POWER SHIELD
Anytime Yellow Lantern is attacked by an opponent’s figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, instead of rolling defense dice normally, you may remove one yellow Battery Marker from this card and ignore that attack.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 26th, 2022 at 05:30 PM.
Never CoN a CoN man

Comic Art
Spoiler Alert!

Mini Pics
Spoiler Alert!

Backgrounds
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 26th, 2022 at 11:16 AM.
Old April 16th, 2020, 02:15 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

This guy is pretty much where he was in the Last Change Workshop, I just added a cap to the stat boosts for his rings... I could even see that going down to +2 to all stats, which is still really meaty.

No idea on points, as he's going to either need a lot of support units or to be up against an all-YL army. Anywhere from 300-400 is probably fine, thematically though.
Old April 16th, 2020, 02:18 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So you draft him to destroy your own YL figures so he gets markers? And with 6+minimum of 1 for a marker the odds of burning a marker to avoid an attack is pretty slim. Think I'm taking my chances not losing the battery boost. Even if I fail he still has six life.I

I guess I don't know the context of purpose here but lanterns are a blind spot for me.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 16th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yikes! This guy could get to event hero status fast Turn 1 attack and hopefully destroy one fo your SCS and take its 2 markers and then use SMD and have another SCS not move and get attacked and hopefully destroy it and take its markers and you start turn 2 with 10 move, 7 range, 10 attack, and 10 defense
Old April 16th, 2020, 02:22 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Missed that maximum clause, but you can still pile on the markers Round 1 and then have YPS for days before you have to worry about losing Stats.
Old April 16th, 2020, 02:23 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Should Serve Mongol Or Die be before attacking? If we want it to work with Sinestro Corps Soldiers, they'll get to a turn after Mongul, so it'd be tricky to set up as an after attacking power. Harder to avoid too, when you don't want to be attacking your own figures.

I have doubts this is really going to work effectively, as it'll take a couple attacks for Mongul to kill his own soldiers. If you're rolling poorly on attack or good on defense he's going to feel really frustrating to play.
Old April 16th, 2020, 02:25 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Rolling defense dice is mandatory, right? So you might whiff killing your own guys.

Could he start with even a single Marker? Just so he's not potentially screwed by failing to kill allies?
Old April 16th, 2020, 02:25 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Cool design, haven't seen this one before.
Old April 16th, 2020, 02:27 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Rolling defense dice is mandatory, right? So you might whiff killing your own guys.

Could he start with even a single Marker? Just so he's not potentially screwed by failing to kill allies?
I don't believe it is. I'm pretty sure you can choose not to. I'll have to research that.
Old April 16th, 2020, 02:33 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

We've already got two people thinking he's crazy tough as is, and two thinking he might need a buff... that's the sort of design I'm excited for.

I have a lot of dials that I think we could turn as needed. Starting with a marker was definitely something I went back and forth on. Limiting it to stealing one marker per figure. Capping the number of markers on the card. Moving away from Yellow Power Shield.

No real preference on before/after attacking for SMOD. Before is probably a slight buff, after a slight nerf, as it'll be harder to know if your attack will kill, and you won't have the rings before his attack if you do.

Also forgot to tag the Heroes, so I'll just tag people who haven't posted yet: @Soundwarp SG-1 @Yodaking

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library