Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 2nd, 2019, 07:44 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Crossbones (Initial Playtesting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I don't think he's better then Hawkeye (150 & 160 w/a jet cycle) or Black Widow (170). Those are the types of heroes he faces and loses to, other non-powered but highly skilled humans. 150-170 seems like a fitting range.
Let me be clear...180 would be the max. My comment was more that testing at 150 he lost all three and I took that as he was under powered as 150 felt like the floor.

However him fitting in a HYDRA build is also a good goal.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 08:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, him getting subbed into a Hydra build in place of Madam Hydra makes sense if their is a popular Hydra build people are already using with her in it. I'm not sure what the Hydra builds look like since Red Skull's price was bumped up, don't think I've played them since that happened.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 09:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Red Skull (250), Strucker (210), Madame H (140), and Hydra Agents x5 (400) is now a 1,000 point build. So having some alternates for that army could be fun. 160 would also make him swapable with Hydra Agents x2, which would be cool as well.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 01:05 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think 160 was my thinking forever ago for this reason.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 02:37 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Since I generally max my squads out at x3, the 160 direction looks better to me.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 11:41 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I threw some mini pics in the art post.
Old December 3rd, 2019, 11:48 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks, LP!
Old December 4th, 2019, 09:31 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I threw some mini pics in the art post.
Those will be great. Thanks.

Old December 4th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Crossbones

Army Test
Map: Shiver (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (800): Crossbones (150), Red Skull (250), HYDRA Agents x2 (160), Clayface (Karlo) (240)
Team 2 (800): Star-Lord (250), Jack Flag (190), Rover (160), Kraven (200)

Spoiler Alert!

One Punch Jack.

Don’t feel like I got all too much useful info in this game. I did enjoy the 2-round Star-Lord vs. Crossbones slugfest at the end, but it was basically just a stat fight by that point.

Army Test
Map: Under The “El”
Units: Team 1 (900): Crossbones (150), Captain America (240), Hawkeye II (160), Huntress (170), Robin (Tim Drake) (170), Alfred (60)
Team 2 (900): Sinestro (330), Lyssa Drak (240), Sinestro Corps Soldier x3 (330)

Spoiler Alert!

Crossbones + Hawkeye + Cap is a fairly effective combo, and tossing Alfred on top theoretically just makes it even better. That theory just didn’t happen to hold up in this specific game.

I wanted to try him against some Lanterns just to explore how they felt against Brutality, and yeah, I think it needs a SS restriction.

Army Test
Map: Under The “El”
Units: Team 1 (800): Crossbones (150), Captain America (240), Wasp II (160), Red Skull (250)
Team 2 (800): Wrecking Crew

Spoiler Alert!

Team 1 didn’t really feel like it had the connective tissue to take on the Wrecking Crew. Maybe if Crossbones had a vantage point where he could snipe from relative safety and get the benefit of being in clear sight of Cap and Red Skull, but that didn’t really exist on this map.

NOTE: Made the change to Brutality 4 and added SS restriction

Army Test
Map: Road Rampage (No Glyphs)
Units: Team 1 (670): Crossbones (150), MK Scorpion (205), Hand Mystics (145), Hand Ninja x2 (170)
Team 2 (670 680): Hood (180), Whirlwind (190), Scarecrow (170), Wizard (140)

Spoiler Alert!

It’s really frustrating to see Human Shield fail when trying to use it with one of your own Squad figures. That is something I’d consider changing.

Crossbones again proved to be pretty fragile. He tried to use Ninjas as shields, but couldn’t get the roll and Hood was able to take him out with a lucky double attack from height. Still, for a Hand build he’s a natural fit

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: A double attack of 4 for 150 points is a really solid deal. Sure, you have to jump through the OM hoop to get that out of Crossbones, but there are more than enough OM managers that work with him, so I never felt limited.

His main weakness is his fragility. He desperately wants to stay unengaged, and even then 4/4 aren’t exactly great stats for keeping him alive. I think making Human Shield more consistent would help with that a bit. I think it might be nice to have Human Shield trigger after attack dice are rolled as well, just to give you a tiny bit more of a tactical option on when to use it.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Fragility is an issue, but other than that, Crossbones is pretty rad! Trigger Man and Human Shield both bring something pretty fresh to the game, which is always cool to see. He’s a fun expansion to the Terrorist army that offers a pretty decent ranged attack option on the cheap.
Some kinda funky results, but I feel like I have enough data now. I'm not putting too much credence on Game 2's blowout loss; it was non-flying figures vs. flying figures on a map with a ton of elevation.
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:12 PM
Just A Head

So after that, here's the changes I'm considering.
Quote:
NAME = CROSSBONES
SECRET IDENTITY = BROCK RUMLOW

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = SADISTIC
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 7
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 150

TRIGGER MAN
After attacking a non-adjacent figure with Crossbones's normal attack, if you did not reveal an Order Marker on Crossbones this turn, he may attack one additional time.

BRUTALITY 4
When attacking an adjacent figure with Crossbones, if the Attack number on the defending figure's card is 4 or less and the defending figure does not have the Superstrength special power, that figure rolls 1 fewer defense die.

HUMAN SHIELD 11
Anytime Crossbones is attacked by a non-adjacent opponent's figure with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, you may choose an adjacent small or medium figure without the Super Strength special power. If you do not control the chosen figure, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, or if you control the chosen figure, and Crossbones would receive one or more wounds from that attack, ignore one of those wounds and inflict a wound on the figure chosen for Human Shield.
The Brutality change is the one I suggested earlier.

Switched up Human Shield a little bit. I found it really frustrating to have this power set up perfectly, with one of my own squad figures adjacent to Brock, only to have the power not work because of a D20 flub. I tried to use it twice in my games, and it failed both times. Hoping this new version isn't too much of a course correction in the opposite direction, but I really feel like choosing your own figure should always work, similar to Lex II or Madame Hydra.
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:53 PM
C3G Landlord

I'm okay with it being more of an automatic thing for human shield, it's why I mentioned lowering the roll when you said he wasn't winning any matches at 150. It should be a key note power of his. The fact you only used it twice in 4 games is a little concerning. I know you only ran him with squads once and heroes are harder to keep adj. to each other, but someone like Bane should be a natural ally for him. Boosts his stats by 1 and has 6 life to soak up some wounds. At that point I might just target Bane though instead of Crossbones, but that's still buying him more time to use his double attack. I'm just not 100% sure how I feel about him auto grabbing someone like Cap to use for a human shield. Squads I can see automatically getting used as pawns, but I have to think about how to deal with his hero allies.
Old December 4th, 2019, 10:55 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd like a small failure rate for Human Shield still, even if it's just 1 or 2. People should be able to wriggle out of it - he's just strong arming, he's no Lex. And I still have some pretty strong objections to "4 attack or less" and "no Super Strength" - it's just a messy, inelegant power which is the opposite of what a light thematic touch should be.

Other than that, I agree he probably could use a minor boost.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library