Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Reaper Kobolds (Design/Brainstorm

Personally, while the tunneling idea is fun, I don't see it for these sculpts, they just don't look like tunnelers to me. To me they look like little loyal warriors who would live and fight above ground.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 6th, 2014, 12:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
It seems like this is the sort of more complex mechanic C3G would be more amenable to than VC - are there any comic characters who could have it?
See C3G's Doctor Doom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
My take on the "valiant buddies" power would be something similar to this. The specifics are all negotiable, but this is the idea.

JANDAR'S BUDDIES
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique Hero in your army to be the Kobold's buddy. While the Kobold's Buddy is alive, if it:
  • follows Jandar, add 1 to the Kobold's Move.
  • is a Knight, add 1 to the Kobold's Attack.
  • is a Valiant, add 1 to the Kobold's Defense
When the Kobold's Buddy is destroyed, subtract 1 from their Defense and add 1 to their Attack until the end of the game. The Kobolds may never attack their buddy.

Or, to keep it simpler, we could put some conditions (Valiant, follows Jandar, etc.) on the selection of a hero. Here's an example:

VALIANT BUDDIES
At the beginning of the game, choose a Unique Valiant Hero in your army to be the Kobold's buddy. While the Kobold's Buddy is alive, if it:
  • follows Jandar, add 1 to the Kobold's Move.
  • is a Knight, add 1 to the Kobold's Defense.
When the Kobold's Buddy is destroyed, add 1 to their Attack until the end of the game. The Kobolds may never attack their buddy.
Meh, not really a fan of that - a conditional stat boost just seems too bland.
A lot of really great powers are "bland." As an addition to some other neat power, a variation on this one could be really interesting.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 6th, 2014, 01:32 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

A couple other ideas that I'm throwing out for "little swarmy guys":

Underfoot
A Kobold may move through all large or huge figures, and never takes leaving engagement attacks from them.

Kobold Swarm
You may attack with any 3 Kobolds you control, even Kobolds that did not move this turn. A Kobold that did not move this turn rolls 1 additional attack die when making a normal attack on a figure that is engaged with another Kobold you control.
Old January 6th, 2014, 02:17 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For caps' buddies powers, I agree they look like C3G powers. Those types of powers are the reason I'm not super into C3G, and I wouldn't be too excited to see them introduced to VC.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 6th, 2014, 02:21 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
For caps' buddies powers, I agree they look like C3G powers. Those types of powers are the reason I'm not super into C3G, and I wouldn't be too excited to see them introduced to VC.
Except look at Darkseid. You might be surprised at how much it resembles a power that the Skull Demons might have borrowed.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old January 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Interesting. I thought their "bland"ness made them un-C3G-like.

--

This was another idea I had earlier. IshMEL's Underfoot reminded me:

SCAMPER
Instead of moving a Kobold normally, you may place that Kobold on any space adjacent to an adjacent figure that is no more than 3 levels above or below that Kobold's current level. A Kobold's will never take leaving engagement attacks when moving using Scamper.

--
--
--

--
Old January 6th, 2014, 02:37 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's just the bullet lists. The if this then this, if that then that. It
s not a power that does one thing. Strategic bonding is kind of like that, but it's easier to read imo. Just a preference thing I guess.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
It's just the bullet lists. The if this then this, if that then that. It
s not a power that does one thing. Strategic bonding is kind of like that, but it's easier to read imo. Just a preference thing I guess.
No reason it couldn't be a Strategic bonding type power.

JANDAR'S BUDDIES
Choose a Jandar hero. If that hero is a Knight, get +1 Attack. If that hero is not a Knight, get +1 Defense.

--
--
--

--
Old January 6th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
A couple other ideas that I'm throwing out for "little swarmy guys":

Underfoot
A Kobold may move through all large or huge figures, and never takes leaving engagement attacks from them.

Kobold Swarm
You may attack with any 3 Kobolds you control, even Kobolds that did not move this turn. A Kobold that did not move this turn rolls 1 additional attack die when making a normal attack on a figure that is engaged with another Kobold you control.
I like these powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

This was another idea I had earlier. IshMEL's Underfoot reminded me:

SCAMPER
Instead of moving a Kobold normally, you may place that Kobold on any space adjacent to an adjacent an opponent's figure that is no more than 3 levels above or below that Kobold's current level. A Kobold's will never take leaving engagement attacks when moving using Scamper.
I'm just rewriting it how I think you meant it.

Old January 6th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the underfoot power, has a real thematic flavor. However for thematic reasons I think it shouldn't work against large figures, I can't picture the same thematic flavor with a horse or hound. When I read that power I was picturing something like a mumakil ( I probably butchered that spelling) from lord of the rings charging across a battlefield with little kobolds and goblins bobbing and weaving to avoid the crushing feet. Now I could see this power working against Q9 but not a marrden hound so maybe we could introduce something new base it on the height number not the size adjective, thoughts?

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; January 6th, 2014 at 10:28 PM. Reason: thank you heroscaper guy
Old January 6th, 2014, 10:21 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
I like the underfoot power, has a real thematic flavor. However for thematic reasons I think it shouldn't work against large figures, I can't picture the same thematic flavor with a horse or hound. When I read that power I was picturing something like a mummikil ( I probably butchered that spelling) from lord of the rings charging across a battlefield with little kobolds and goblins bobbing and weaving to avoid the crushing feet. Now I could see this power working against Q9 but not a marrden hound so maybe we could introduce something new base it on the height number not the size adjective, thoughts?
Except the height thing would probably cause the SOV to reject it for being too custom sounding. The cards in classic heroscape have powers based on size, like huge or medium. Not by a specific figure height. (and it's Mumakil )

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old January 6th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus33 View Post
I like the underfoot power, has a real thematic flavor. However for thematic reasons I think it shouldn't work against large figures, I can't picture the same thematic flavor with a horse or hound. When I read that power I was picturing something like a mummikil ( I probably butchered that spelling) from lord of the rings charging across a battlefield with little kobolds and goblins bobbing and weaving to avoid the crushing feet. Now I could see this power working against Q9 but not a marrden hound so maybe we could introduce something new base it on the height number not the size adjective, thoughts?
Except the height thing would probably cause the SOV to reject it for being too custom sounding. The cards in heroscape do it based on size, like huge or medium. Not by a specific figure height. (and it's Mumakil )
I said I would butcher the spelling.
I understand the "customy" feel, I said it is new territory, but honestly I don't it would be too bad I mean the info is on every card. Maybe an SoV judge could give there opinion on the customy feel.

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards