Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old October 25th, 2017, 06:00 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Welcome to C3G!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0B5T3R View Post
First of all, awesome news! I miss the danger room because things look a little dead without it, but 15 points to bypass the public design contest? Yes please! I will certainly be purchasing one as soon as I knock out my 2 research papers.

That was another reason for it's demise. While there was a lot of chatter in the Danger Room the Public side was dead and any new people visiting would get the wrong impression. Hopefully the folks that were in the Danger Room will keep the conversations going in the Public Thread and now with it being easier to LD as an Ally more write-ups will be work shopped in the Public.

Good to hear you are excited. Seeing more designs in the Public will be healthier for the project as a whole.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 25th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
It's been suggested that the winner should get to run their design for 0 points instead of 4. It's been suggested that the poll become more of a character poll to influence Hero/Sidekick output, like the March Madness poll. The Heroes haven't come to a decision yet, so what do you, the public, want to see?
Hmmm... How would something like this work:
  • A similar voting system to the old/present one - I don't want to do away with it entirely, it promotes public engagement and is fun and exciting. Voting for my favourite design here is what originally got me to join these boards rather than lurking - I think trying to make the PDN vibrant again, the way it was when I joined, is the best way to promote engagement.
  • Allow Allies, Sidekicks and Heroes to have their designs nominated for the PDN - we don't have enough Allies right now for it to be Ally exclusive.
  • A return to listing the present vote-count - I get that it was cut to discourage tactical voting, but it made it seem more active and exciting. I always enjoyed following along with the vote, and it was one of the ways I really engaged with C3G when I was either just lurking or soon after I joined the site and before I was that active. I think promoting that kind of engagement is more valuable to us right now than discouraging tactical voting.
  • I like the idea of making voted through LDs free, especially since they can be bought so easily now - make it free so it's a proper reward.
  • Here's the big thing though - only let the designs of people who have submitted a test within the last month (or so) be nominated. This ensures, as best as possible, that the designer will be active to LD their design, possibly even better than the Reward Point Cost did (since we have a lot of absent Allies right now still sitting on a dormant points cache), and does so while retaining the reward element of a free LD. It also encourages people to remain testing in order to be eligible.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old October 25th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
First of all, awesome news! I miss the danger room because things look a little dead without it, but 15 points to bypass the public design contest? Yes please! I will certainly be purchasing one as soon as I knock out my 2 research papers.

Quote:
It's been suggested that the winner should get to run their design for 0 points instead of 4. It's been suggested that the poll become more of a character poll to influence Hero/Sidekick output, like the March Madness poll. The Heroes haven't come to a decision yet, so what do you, the public, want to see?
These are the two ideas I like best. Getting to run a popular design is a reward to the designer and the public who want to see that design LD'ed. I also like the second option: voting through characters.
Like japes said, the downside of the Danger Room was that it brought a lot of activity out of the public eye, and we're hoping to get a little more of that going.

Really looking forward to seeing you run a design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
  • Here's the big thing though - only let the designs of people who have submitted a test within the last month (or so) be nominated. This ensures, as best as possible, that the designer will be active to LD their design, possibly even better than the Reward Point Cost did (since we have a lot of absent Allies right now still sitting on a dormant points cache), and does so while retaining the reward element of a free LD. It also encourages people to remain testing in order to be eligible.
Definitely like that point.
Old October 25th, 2017, 08:09 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

From the perspective of a newer fan, I like these changes as well as Lazy Orang's idea.
Old October 25th, 2017, 11:35 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Quote:
These are the two ideas I like best. Getting to run a popular design is a reward to the designer and the public who want to see that design LD'ed. I also like the second option: voting through characters.
I agree wholeheartedly! Especially on the March Madness idea! It always annoys me when I hear someone talk about how much they like the character, but the design isn't quite right, so they vote for something else. I think making the vote based more on character rather than design would be a great way to get some fan favorites finally made. Black Manta, anybody?

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old October 26th, 2017, 08:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, going that route would help fill in some of the gaps in the Heroes' and Sidekicks' interests and hopefully get some overdue characters onto the battlefield.

I think our current approach does technically have some element of that, because a Hero's design can be nominated without seeing the write-up for that character. (Like YK's Daredevil in the last round).
Old November 6th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Hey all, it’s time for me to announce my official retirement from Hero status. It chokes me up to say goodbye, but I just have different projects and priorities in my life now and don’t have the time to dedicate to this awesome project. I’ve been a part of this project for a few years now, and before that I was following it from its very first release; it’s been a huge honor to watch it grow and to play a part in its continuation, and I’m so lucky for having gotten the chance to work with so many awesome people. All of you, in C3G and across the site, are amazing, I’m so glad I got to be a part of this great community.

I hope to still be around some, lurking and posting occasionally, and I can always be reached by a PM or mention. If you need me for something, don’t hesitate to call.

Keep being awesome everyone, and keep having fun!

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old November 6th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Thanks for your contribution Viegon!

It's tough to step down from this project, but at some point, everyone has to know when it's time to leave based on their own personal situation.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old November 6th, 2017, 10:37 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You will missed greatly.

Thank you for everything.

Stay in touch!
Old November 6th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Sad to see you go, Viegon - hope we still see you around!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 6th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for all your contributions to this project. You have had a big impact on a hobby that a lot of people are passionate about.
Old November 6th, 2017, 08:17 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

V, I said it in the Inner Sanctum, but I'll say it again here for all to see. I know that once upon a time, you were an important somebody in C3V. I admire and respect you for having the passion for C3G to forego that commitment there and get involved here, especially not knowing if you'd reach the same lofty heights here. But your work and contributions here speak for themselves. You not only reached, but probably eclipsed your status in C3V while here in C3G. Losing the last of the Millersburg brothers is a mighty blow to C3G. You will be missed, but I hope we haven't seen (or rather heard) the last of you!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy