Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old January 11th, 2023, 06:00 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: ScapeCon III: August 9-13, 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
I signed up no problem, then I signed up my brother on my computer, and he can not get it to sign up from his email ( we followed the link from his email on his computer, says verification wrong or something?
Could this be because I signed up the first part on my computer, and then he got his email and went to the link from there?

Thanks for any insight
I'm the person who would help you with this.

What username did you friend sign up with?

I can manually verify their account if I know the username.
Old January 11th, 2023, 06:51 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

thanks , we will be taking the 2 queens, that rocks again thanks

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old January 12th, 2023, 07:01 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

We'll be posting a booking link from the hotel for our room block once payment for ScapeCon opens on February 4. You will make a room reservation directly with the hotel using that link. Rooms are fully refundable up to either 24 or 48 hours before the first day of the Con.
Old January 12th, 2023, 10:54 PM

Gingerkid16 is surprisingly tart

Wanted to repost this (I’m sure it got lost in the sauce) in case this helps with people’s decision on cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerkid16 View Post
I’ll be there with wife and son!! Sooo stoked!!

FYI: Don’t know if this might help people decide if they will be able to go or not. But if anyone wants to, you are more than welcome to crash at my place and hitch a ride with us daily. I have a 3 row car (and so does my wife depending on how many respond) so plenty of room. It is only about a 35-45 min (depending on traffic) trip. I have couches, air mattresses, late night snacks, Wi-Fi, plenty of bathrooms, all the things lol. And if you are really feeling froggy and want that convention/music festival vibe we have 10 acres and plenty of tents, we can run extension cords out too. Just throwing out something different lol. Oh and no charge, maybe chip in for gas a bit if you’d like. I mean we will be driving there anyway lol. Just throwing this out there, if you are interested send me a private message to work out details.

Wish it was already next year lol.

It has been said, “it’s not the size of the mini, but how you use them.” At least that’s what I was told.
Old January 14th, 2023, 09:01 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendal View Post
Don't tease us, if your going to show up you better play scape. Hey Hahn , happy new year
Brother I'm not attending but I am sure I can stop by your hotel room to partake

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old January 18th, 2023, 01:54 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Announcement 1/5/23:

To the 72 people on the attendees list:

If you are not planning on attending, please let me know asap.

If you are planning on attending, please follow the below instructions so that you're ready to pay at the beginning of February.

1. If you have not created an account yet at heroscape.org, please do so now here. Your username on there should match your HeroScapers username (or the name you usually go by at ScapeCon, if you don't have an account). Everyone attending will need their own account with their own linked email address.

2. Once you have created your heroscape.org account, sign up for ScapeCon III here.

PLEASE SIGN UP BY JANUARY 21.

If you have any issues, please contact Chris Perkins. And a big thank-you to Chris for all his work on this!

Anyone who signs up but is not on the attendee list in this thread will be removed.

A few other housekeeping items:

All payments must be through Venmo friends and family (not goods and services). Please take care of any Venmo issues now so that you don't have any issues during sign-ups.

I will post the last day we can offer a refund as we get closer to the convention. The budget, as always, is a bit tight, and financial and logistical decisions will be made fairly soon after I know how many attendees we should have (ie mid-February). After that date, you can sell your badge to someone else if you cannot make it (let me know if that happens so we can straighten out the .org list).

I expect we will sell out. As such, there won't be any one-day passes available. However, you can assign part of your badge to someone else if you won't be there for the full weekend (ie you could sell someone the Wednesday and Thursday days of your pass). If you come to this sort of arrangement with someone, please notify me, and I'll get the other person added to the .org site.

Post if you have any questions. See you all in August!
Bumping this- 23/72 have signed up so far.

And again, let me know if you will not be attending so others can plan accordingly.
Old January 18th, 2023, 01:58 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

watching like a hawk for an opening to show up

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 18th, 2023, 11:39 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm signed up on Heroscape.org now
Old January 19th, 2023, 09:04 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I'm signed up on Heroscape.org now
Sweet!! Roomies again!

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old January 23rd, 2023, 06:53 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Announcement 1/5/23:

To the 72 people on the attendees list:

If you are not planning on attending, please let me know asap.

If you are planning on attending, please follow the below instructions so that you're ready to pay at the beginning of February.

1. If you have not created an account yet at heroscape.org, please do so now here. Your username on there should match your HeroScapers username (or the name you usually go by at ScapeCon, if you don't have an account). Everyone attending will need their own account with their own linked email address.

2. Once you have created your heroscape.org account, sign up for ScapeCon III here.

PLEASE SIGN UP BY JANUARY 21.

If you have any issues, please contact Chris Perkins. And a big thank-you to Chris for all his work on this!

Anyone who signs up but is not on the attendee list in this thread will be removed.

A few other housekeeping items:

All payments must be through Venmo friends and family (not goods and services). Please take care of any Venmo issues now so that you don't have any issues during sign-ups.

I will post the last day we can offer a refund as we get closer to the convention. The budget, as always, is a bit tight, and financial and logistical decisions will be made fairly soon after I know how many attendees we should have (ie mid-February). After that date, you can sell your badge to someone else if you cannot make it (let me know if that happens so we can straighten out the .org list).

I expect we will sell out. As such, there won't be any one-day passes available. However, you can assign part of your badge to someone else if you won't be there for the full weekend (ie you could sell someone the Wednesday and Thursday days of your pass). If you come to this sort of arrangement with someone, please notify me, and I'll get the other person added to the .org site.

Post if you have any questions. See you all in August!
Bumping this again. I'll start sending out PMs soon, but I'd prefer to not have to track down people individually.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 09:09 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

ScapeCon Announcement: HeroScape World Championship

I'm very excited to announce the new overall structure for the ScapeCon III weekend!

Wednesday will begin at 4PM with the Three-Headed Hydra team event.

Thursday-Saturday will all follow the same general structure:

Each day will have one all-day main event. Each day will also have side events throughout the day.

Each main event will (likely) be 5 rounds of Swiss into a single-elimination top cut (all players with a 4-1 record or better will make the cut; byes given to 5-0s first, etc.). Top cut will be played the same day.

The three main events will, of course, be three different formats, to be announced at a later date.

Again, there will be side events running alongside the main events, so you don't need to play in any of them if you don't want.

Sunday morning will feature (probably) a few side events, as well as the 16-person HeroScape World Championship.

The HeroScape World Championship is an invite-only event. The 16 invites will be given out as follows:
1. The three players on the winning team of Three-Headed Hydra;
2. The Top 4 players of the Thursday main event;
3. The Top 4 players of the Friday main event;
4. The Top 4 players of the Saturday main event; and
5. The X players with the best overall weekend record (not including Three-Headed Hydra games), where X is 16 minus the number of players who have qualified via methods 1-4.

Put simply, the winning team of Hydra and the top 4 of each main event automatically qualify. Open spots (there is one guaranteed open spot at a minimum, but there will likely be several) then go to the players who had the best overall records but did not qualify. Think of these like wildcard spots.

I'll have a better definition of how the wildcard spots will work in the future (for example, same-record tie-breakers, etc.).

The format for the main events and the World Championship will be announced at a later date.

Other News (Streamlining the System):

We're cutting Multiplayer Madness this year. It may come back in the future, but it doesn't fit well into this year's schedule.

We're also doing away with the prize wall. We will give out cards as door prizes (unsure of the number yet), and we'll raffle off some other stuff at Saturday dinner.

Hope you're all excited- I know I am! Things are really coming together nicely.
Old January 23rd, 2023, 09:33 PM

Trivia Knight knows what's in an order marker Trivia Knight knows what's in an order marker
Talking Re: ScapeCon III: August 9-13, 2023

Sign me up, baby.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon