Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old November 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger
Wait, Einar is allied with Jandar and Ullar as of current... or is this BEFORE Swarm of the Marro?
Besides that, great story, again! Yay for suicidal monks!
Check the date, , it takes place somewhere during the summoning of wave 4.

Old November 24th, 2007, 12:46 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yeah, I forgot to look at the dates as I was typing that. But only Wave 4 and below is kind of limiting yourself, but who am I to complain? This story is awesome anyways!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:55 PM

Akralon has disabled reputation
I don't understand why both the gladiatron and the Roman let the marro live. Aren't they just going to have to kill him eventually anyway?

I see you take a tactical approach to what to describe and what to leave out, which is good to avoid redundancy, but sometimes it can make the story choppy, too.

An interesting chapter, nonetheless.
Old November 24th, 2007, 12:56 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Because at this point in the story, Utgar is allied with Vydar and Einar. See the Roman's reasoning for why they let him live.

Old November 24th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Hooray Romans!

Interesting chapter... so eight people have finished, two died, and 15 we still don't know about?
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:10 PM

Correct. For reference, here's a list of the people alive and dead, as well as who killed who and their kill count:
ALIVE (in order of appearance):
Agent Sanders (Microcorp Agent)
Zettain Guard #2708 (...Zettain Guard) - Kill Count: 1
Atsuko Izumi (Izumi Samurai)
"The Viper" (Venoc Viper)
Private Michaels (Airborne Elite) - Kill Count: 1
Ga-Tan-Ve (Marro Warrior)
SR4F6 (Gladiatron)
Lucius Iunius Caecus (Roman Legionaire)
DEAD (in order of appearance):
Cairell Macdirk (Macdirk Warrior): Killed by Zettain Guard #2708.
Xuan Yin (Shaolin Monk): Killed by Private Michaels.

Old November 24th, 2007, 05:37 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Bloody has it right, except Sanders is a Microcorp.

As for why the Marro was allowed to live, the goal isn't to kill people, but rather to not be the last to escape. It just happens that two guys were killed, as it was an easier victory if you knew one would never cross the portal.

Was this one a little choppy? It was weird, I was writing it, but I didn't realize what I was doing and then all of a sudden I had the next part. Anyway I started part III...

Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:41 PM

I know you've forgotten about this, so let's give this the bumper.

Old December 3rd, 2007, 05:37 PM

Thanks Bloody, I haven't forgotten, just been very busy with the start of Winter Track at school...

Old December 20th, 2007, 11:51 PM

Sgt. Drake's Christmas

With Christmas only a few days away, a nice calm story seemed appropriate. I really tried to focus on imagery in this one, tell me what you think!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sgt. Drake’s Christmas
19th Day of Endall, 62 A.D.

A hundred or so distant stars twinkled brilliantly in the evening sky; their light providing the planet below with a subtle radiant glow. A shimmering layer of snow reflected the heavenly scene back upon itself so that the entire world appeared an endless starry night. It was times like these, times when each tree glowed luminously from a combination of celestial coruscation and incandescent ice, times when the whole world seemed at peace with itself. These rare and angelic happenings occur only in infrequent intervals, but who should be lucky enough to intake the majesty of these scenes can do little but marvel in their absolute beauty.

Sergeant Drake Alexander had been gazing upon this breathtaking vista for an immeasurable amount of time. His thoughts had drifted from the picturesque elegance to a multitude of jubilant memories, and currently he recalled his most joyous moment.

Drake was a young four years old and it was every Christian child’s favorite day of the year, Christmas Eve. This year Drake would see the jolly ole’ Saint Nick, somehow he knew it. His mother had just pulled the covers up snug around his small frame and kissed him on the forehead; his father was out on a top secret military mission, but that was not unusual for a lieutenant ninety percent of the year. Flicking off the light switch by Drake’s door, his fighter plane mobile slowed to a halt and turned dim. His mother’s sweet whispered voice echoed back through the crack of the door, “I love you Drake. Sleep well and Santa will come visit tonight.” With a low click, the door closed and Drake lay in darkness.

His task needed to be completed in silence; stealth was key to every operation, his father had taught him that. Lifting first the comforter, then the bed sheet, Drake crawled out from his complacent coverings. Three socks surrounded each one of Drake’s tiny feet, his belief being the extra cushioning would prevent the squeaky floorboards from attracting attention. The soundless touch of a single clothed foot confirmed Drake’s instincts, and soon Drake was on his tiptoes reaching for the shiny golden doorknob. Turning it more cautiously than jeweler holds his precious diamonds, Drake allowed himself to slip into the lightless hallway.

It was only ten feet to the end of the passageway and the top of the staircase that led directly to the Alexander family tree, but to a young child it seemed like a mile. Drake took quick baby steps, his heart racing faster for every inch closer to his dream he came. Finally he reached the hallway’s termination and the beginning of his descent. Two sets of tiny fingers gripped each vertical railing post and stepping down sideways, two feet per step, Drake made his way to the first floor. As he landed his final step, Drake looked wide-eyed up at the back of the largest red coat he had ever seen.

The portly man turned himself around upon hearing a thump, only to find young Drake sitting in disbelief, face struck with the most adorable puppy eyes, “Oh-ho, ho, ho, and what do we have here?” the burly man gave little Drake a gracious smile, “it seems you are a rascally young tyke to escape your bed. Well ho, ho, ho I see no reason not to give you your gift,” and reaching down beneath a red and gold adorned tree, Santa lifted a large beautifully wrapped present and handed it to the waiting child, “Merry Christmas Drake Alexander.”

The next time Drake looked up he was again gazing over the snow covered fields before him. The night was already showing signs of the morning to come, with a gradual brilliant light peeking over the eastern frontier, yet all was still serene. Drake knew it was time to ready himself for the next day’s events, but another few minutes would hurt no one. So Drake sat longer and watched, as a magnificent red and yellow sun overtook the night.

Old December 21st, 2007, 06:46 AM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
This is pretty cool! I like the whole Christmas in Valhalla thing. The knights must really be into it

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old December 21st, 2007, 07:10 PM

Thanks Metaknight!

Anyone else take a look at it? I know it has been awhile since I've posted, but I didn't think this story was too bad.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction