Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old July 24th, 2023, 08:55 PM

Earthling knows what's in an order marker Earthling knows what's in an order marker
Re: ScapeCon III Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
I asked a similar question on discord a while ago. I asked:

Quote:
For 4x4 Bad Armies, if I want to bring Emiroon, do I need minimum 1 other Elf, or 3?
OEAO answered "3".

----------

Remembering that I am not the final arbitrator of these rulings, I would extend that to needing a minimum of 3 elementals for Kurrok, needing at least 3x Marro Drones, needing at least 1 hero with at least 3 life with Kelda, and needing all 4 mentioned on Kato's card (basically making Kato unplayable in this format).
That makes sense, thanks!...back to the think tank. lol
Old August 2nd, 2023, 06:27 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
Quote:

Quote:
For 4x4 Bad Armies, if I want to bring Emiroon, do I need minimum 1 other Elf, or 3?
OEAO answered "3".

----------

Remembering that I am not the final arbitrator of these rulings, I would extend that to needing a minimum of 3 elementals for Kurrok, needing at least 3x Marro Drones, needing at least 1 hero with at least 3 life with Kelda, and needing all 4 mentioned on Kato's card (basically making Kato unplayable in this format).
I appreciate Vydar stepping in and answering these questions- I think he's right on all of them.
Old August 4th, 2023, 11:14 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
OEAO answered "3".

----------

I appreciate Vydar stepping in and answering these questions- I think he's right on all of them.
Expanding on this line of questioning, does the “All powers must be able to be used” rule apply to terrain centric powers, and powers that are intended to be used on opponents figures?

For example:
No maps in the pool contain molten lava tiles. Can Obsidians be played?

Only two maps in the pool have Glaciers. Can Dzu Teh be played, as there is no guarantee that their Glacier Traverse power can actually be used?

If I include Otonashi in an army, do I have to include a Wild figure in that army to ensure that her Attack the Wild power “can” be used?

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old August 4th, 2023, 11:48 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEAO View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
OEAO answered "3".

----------

Expanding on this line of questioning, does the “All powers must be able to be used” rule apply to terrain centric powers, and powers that are intended to be used on opponents figures?

For example:
No maps in the pool contain molten lava tiles. Can Obsidians be played?

Only two maps in the pool have Glaciers. Can Dzu Teh be played, as there is no guarantee that their Glacier Traverse power can actually be used?

If I include Otonashi in an army, do I have to include a Wild figure in that army to ensure that her Attack the Wild power “can” be used?
We are working on a Kill Your Swill rules thread today. It should be up by tomorrow.
Old August 4th, 2023, 02:09 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Kill Your Swill R&Cs:
  • 4th Mass/Sacred Band: can you use these figures if your army is not all-valiant/disciplined?

A: yes.
    The power can still work after other figures in your army are eliminated so it's allowed.

• Ana Karithon/Otonashi/etc: do I need to include an undead/wild/etc figure so I can use turn undead/attack the wild/etc?

A: no.
    Powers that are typically used against an opponent's figures do not need to be usable against your own figures.

• Ana Karithon/Kelda: can I play these figures if I only include 1 or 2 life figures in the rest of the army?

You need at least one 3 life figure (and they must be small or medium to include Ana). For Rhogar you need at least a 2 life figure. Sonlen can be used without any other multi life hero since he can heal himself.

• Chardris/Jorhdawn/Sir Dupuis: how many other elf wizards/knights do I need to include?

A: 3.
    Since these powers have a specified maximum boost, you need to be able to reach that maximum. For powers with no maximum (e.g. Arkmer's staff of Lerkintin) you just need one figure that can trigger the boost.

• Concan/Hatamoto Taro: do I need to have both knights and sentinels/both ashigaru and samurai to include this figure?

As long as you include at least one figure that can be boosted by this power you are fine.

• Deepwyrm Drow/Dzu-Teh/Obsidian Guards/etc: can I include figures with terrain-dependent powers?

• Emirroon: how many other elves do I need in my army?

A: 3, to maximize the power.
    Similarly, you need at least 5 Marro squad figures to include Tul-Bak-Ra.

• Marro Hive: does having Grok Riders or Marro Dividers in my army allow me to include the Hive?

You need a legal target for the Marro Rebirth power.

• Kato Katsuto: what do I need to include with Kato?

A: you need to be able to activate every mode of Kato's command.
    This means you need both Ashigaru squads, a Samurai Hero, and a Samurai squad.

• Ornak/Ulginesh/Kurrok: how many Utgar heroes/Elf Wizards/elementals do I need to include?

A: because there is a maximum, you need to be able to maximize the activations.
    So 2 (other) Utgar heroes, 2 (other) elf wizards, 3 elementals.

• Axegrinders/Minions of Utgar: do I need to include a bonding/nonding Hero?

You need to be able to use both modes of strategic bonding and have the option to use Utgar's orders.

• If my army takes up more than 24 spaces, do I need to provide my opponent with extra grass tiles?

Your opponent must be able to place the entire army.

Last edited by dok; August 7th, 2023 at 12:57 PM.
Old August 7th, 2023, 12:56 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Added an extra R&C about armies that take more than 24 spaces.
Old August 12th, 2023, 10:59 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Any chance that Sunday's final world championship game will be filmed and streamed?
Old August 13th, 2023, 12:10 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Confirmed

OEAO is having some issues responding on his phone. Worlds Championships will be streamed.

~Dysole, informationally
Old August 13th, 2023, 03:23 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
Any chance that Sunday's final world championship game will be filmed and streamed?
I would rather watch paint dry or golf or soccer

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 13th, 2023, 03:30 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Why are you the way that you are.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 13th, 2023, 05:56 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
Why are you the way that you are.
Dude if you knew me you would already know the answer to that question.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old August 14th, 2023, 02:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Request for @Chris Perkins and @OEAO , now that SC3 is over could we have the events renamed with an "SC3" prefix (or something similar) so that they can be easily distinguished in views like this one https://heroscape.org/user/?userName=caps

This will be more relevant as there are additional cons in the future (including ScapeCon 3) using the site.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon