Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 31st, 2013, 07:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

Didn't his synergy power specify squads, though?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 31st, 2013, 07:45 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

X-23
Kirika Yashida
More art
Spoiler Alert!

Figure
Spoiler Alert!

Life 4
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 4
Points ???
Mutant
Unique Hero
Fighter
Reserved?
Medium 5

ADAMANTIUM CLAWS
Figures subtract 2 from their defense dice when attacked by X-23.

EXPERT TRACKING 3
At the start of the game, you may choose one opponent's Unique or Event hero to be X-23's target. Before moving, you may add 3 to x-23's move value. If you do, X-23 must end her movement adjacent to her target, and X-23 may attack her target one additional time.

HEALING FACTOR X
After taking a turn with X-23, remove one Wound Marker from this card. At the end of the round, if you reveal an "X" Order Marker on any Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power, remove one Wound Marker from each Army Card you control with the Healing Factor X special power.

Scrapped powers
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Gardevoir; August 1st, 2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old July 31st, 2013, 08:38 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I have seen nothing in the wikis to say she has Healing Factor X, but being Wolverine's daughter, I could see her having it. I'd up her defense and possibly her attack too by 1 though and I'd also alter the Tracking ability slightly.

EXPERT TRACKING 3
At the start of the game, you may choose one opponent's Unique or Event hero to be X-23's target. Before moving, you may add 3 to x-23's move value. If you do, X-23 must end her movement adjacent to her target, and X-23 may attack her target one additional time.

I think it adds a little more flavor and it borrows some text from other tracking powers. All in all, a pretty good design.

Last edited by Karat; July 31st, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old July 31st, 2013, 08:50 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like Karat's idea.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:03 AM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Now, I know I'm not qualified to create anything. But, I thought of an interesting idea for a utility glyph. Ideas for Batman's glider have been proposed before, but I figured I'd share my recent idea, in case it hasn't been thought of already.

Bat Glider:
(Glide)

Equipment Glyph:
When a unique figure equipped with this glyph moves to a lower level, the figure may move 1 space per the height of the descent. A figure using Bat Glider, never takes falling damage or extreme falling damage.

That wording is not the best it could be. Essentially, the glider would take place before, during, or after your normal movement, and the number used during the glide would not detract from your normal movement.

I really feel like it has a realistic and logical representation of what the Bat Glider should offer to the figure. Any sort of glider that simply gives you a set in stone added move/placement number, doesn't capture the theme of the glider. The higher you start your descent from, the further you are able to travel. Thus the 1 to 1 idea, of having the figure able to move 1 space horizontal, for every 1 space they came from vertically(height of 5, able to glide 5 spaces, ending point must always be lower than starting point). The effectiveness of the glyph adds a great deal of fun, as well as capturing the theme.

Think of the opportunities, especially if you are one who plays on maps filled with variations in height. Gliding off bridges over water, from a high building top to low building top, off ledges or high points right into an open space surrounded by enemies...

Many scenarios become available. Since I am not in the position of power to put something like this into motion, I'd love for one of you guys to take my idea and run with it. If it hasn't been thought of already that is.

Thoughts?
Old August 1st, 2013, 08:06 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I believe I have seen a draft somewhere for the Bat Glider before.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Didn't his synergy power specify squads, though?
Yes, but It wouldn't make a big deal if it was changed to heroes as well. That would allow for further expansion of the Walking Dead faction with some additional heroes.

And yes, I have a design made up for a Bat Glider:

Glyph of Utility
Bat-Glider/cape
(Glide)

Equipment Glyph
Before, during or after moving, this figure may be placed on any empty space within 3 spaces of and lower than his current location, once per turn. When this figure uses the Bat-Glider, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

It is essentially Prowler's power made into a glyph.
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:22 AM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I've seen that design. I just don't think it does the theme/fun aspect justice, in my opinion of course. We have so many simple movement stuff like that as it is. To me, the idea of the glider's performance varies based on how high the start of the drop is, makes it so much more unique, fun, thematic, and engaging. Purposely trying to get more height in order to get the most out of it, completely represents what a glider is supposed to serve. Just having it go 3 spaces regardless of the height just doesn't seem as striking, unique, thematic, or fun.

I'm not knocking your design, I'm just saying the idea of height playing a big factor makes complete sense, and is unlike any other glyph.

I just wanted to know what others thought, but instead it's not even being acknowledged lol.
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:28 AM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

But then Batman could go up to the top of a building and just fly across the entire battlefield faster than Superman, think if the building was 20 stories tall, then you have batman gliding almost twice as fast as the flash.
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:45 AM

But on the flip side, with a static number of spaces, it's not thematic, unique, or versatile. If you start gliding from a 20 story building, you should glide 20 times as far as a 1 story building. If I glide off the roof of my house(~12 ft.) I'm not going very far. If I glide off a ~200 ft. bridge/building, I'm going to be able to glide much further. I feel this adds depth and versatility to the glyph. It also represents how Batman uses it.

I get what you mean speed wise in a turn. And maybe there could be a way of working that out, possible dividing the height by 2, a max distance...idk. That's where brainstorming comes to play. Or just do what some do when it comes to questioning something like that, and just say fun and theme are more important than it making 100% sense that a glider could fly as far in 1 turn as superman etc. The 3 space limit with no variables, just makes it a dumbed down teleportation belt, only more limited. Whereas a glider that incorporates height to determine distance, offers a completely unique concept, that's fun, versatile, and ultimately,
represents the theme of the ability at hand. That's the most important thing after all...
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:50 AM

Well, just because he is gliding a long distance does not mean that he can do it as fast as superman or the flash, that doesn't really make sense. Also, I wanted to keep it in line with the other (and possibly future) glide abilities already in play. If we were to cap it, I would cap it at no more than 3, that still gives batman a 9 move, which is pretty considerable for not having any super powers.
Old August 1st, 2013, 11:08 AM

True, 9 is great. Doesn't change the fact that gliding from 20 stories up shouldn't have the same limitation as 1 story up. And when you talk what makes sense, it already doesn't make sense when you figure 3 move for a glide, but 6 for him walking/running, for a total of 9. So he can walk/run twice as fast and far, than he can using his glide regardless of height etc. That in itself doesn't add up from a logistics standpoint. Point being, logistics have to take a backseat regardless to some degree in this instance, so why not go for the more versatile and thematic design choice?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy