Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old July 4th, 2010, 10:19 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Rhode Island Rampage - Army Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Here's what I've churned out into my now-customary army file that I keep on the go in the background while I'm at my computer:

Code:

Tor-Kul-Na: 220
Nagrubs x2: 60
Sudema: 140
Raelin (RotV): 80
Marro Warriors: 50
Total: 550pts, 13 figs, 14 hexes.
Score: 3

Jotun: 225
Sonlen: 160
Brandis: 90
Rats x2: 80
Total: 555pts, 11 figs, 12 hexes.

Isamu: 10
Otonashi:10
Marcu: 20
Guilty McCreech: 30
Theracus: 40
Me-Burq-Sa: 50
Shiori: 60
Deadeye Dan: 60
Feral Troll: 90
Erevan: 80
Iskra + Rechets: 100
Total: 550pts, 14 figs, 17 hexes.
Score: 7

Iskra and Rechets: 100
Moriko: 110
Total: 550pts, 10 figs, 12 hexes.
Score: 8
There are quite a few there that I'm keen to play. I need to start work on whittling it down rather than adding more to it, I think.
These are awfully interesting ones, they're tempting... but Sudema?! I can think of a million different units to use instead of her. The one with all the fillers soudns really fun.

EDIT: just htought of a great one that I might end up using:

10th x3 225
MQ10 375
Sgt. Drake (SoTM) 555
555 points, 14 figures, 15 hexes

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Here's what I've churned out into my now-customary army file that I keep on the go in the background while I'm at my computer:

Code:

Tor-Kul-Na: 220
Nagrubs x2: 60
Sudema: 140
Raelin (RotV): 80
Marro Warriors: 50
Total: 550pts, 13 figs, 14 hexes.

Jotun: 225
Sonlen: 160
Rats x2: 80
Total: 555pts, 11 figs, 12 hexes.

Isamu: 10
Otonashi:10
Marcu: 20
Guilty McCreech: 30
Me-Burq-Sa: 50
Erevan: 80
Iskra + Rechets: 100
Total: 550pts, 14 figs, 17 hexes.
Score: 7

Iskra and Rechets: 100
Moriko: 110
Total: 550pts, 10 figs, 12 hexes.
Score: 8
There are quite a few there that I'm keen to play. I need to start work on whittling it down rather than adding more to it, I think.
These are awfully interesting ones, they're tempting... but Sudema?! I can think of a million different units to use instead of her. The one with all the fillers soudns really fun.

EDIT: just htought of a great one that I might end up using:

10th x3 225
MQ10 375
Sgt. Drake (SoTM) 555
555 points, 14 figures, 15 hexes
You don't enjoy playing with Sudema? She might not be the strongest, but she's a blast. With some support and a hero-heavy environment I think she'll play just fine.

Yes, I like the filler one too---eleven units all starting with treasure glyphs by the end of the day if I get enough games in! The one immediately after it with seven heroes is a more practical implementation of the same idea I think.

That's a good army, especially early in the day when there are not so many treasure glyphs to draft.
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:30 AM
The New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever!

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

I am really starting to think Brandis might be a "must have" piece for this tournament, especially with all of the large fliers kicking around.

The cake is a lie.

-Insert Witty Signature Here-
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:52 AM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Just finished playtesting this army it did great it only lost 30 points and that was the yari or Cyprein food.
Tandros-120
Mimring-270
Cyprein-420
2xYari-500
Sonya-545
Isumu

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:54 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

ANother one just came to mind....

Vipers 40
Elite Vipers 140
Armoc Vipers 205
Venoc Warlord 325
Brave Arrow 375
Mohicans 445
Brunak 555
555 points, 15 figures, 16 hexes

THis one may happen aswell. I'll need to test. I haven't really thought about all heroes, but an Ornak army might be best-suited for this tournament.

Old July 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM

Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby! Mombo101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

THis one may happen aswell. I'll need to test. I haven't really thought about all heroes, but an Ornak army might be best-suited for this tournament.
Ornak is not a good piece to focus an army around for this tournament, I mentioned it in an earlier post. If you focus on him, once he falls you create that scenario where you go from super easy order marker management to super hard and nearly impossible order marker management. He's not that hard to kill, and when he does your up a creek without a paddle.

The cake is a lie.

Old July 4th, 2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
Quote:

Ornak is not a good piece to focus an army around for this tournament, I mentioned it in an earlier post. If you focus on him, once he falls you create that scenario where you go from super easy order marker management to super hard and nearly impossible order marker management. He's not that hard to kill, and when he does your up a creek without a paddle.
Don't be so sure....
If I dismiss your cahllenge and borrow either Nilfheim, Sujoah, or Zelrig, this works:

Ornak 100
Cyprien 250
Krug 370
Nilfheim/ Sujoah/ Zelrig 555
555 points, 4 figures, 6 hexes

Now that I'm anxious to try.

EDIT: Also, giving Ornak some treasure glyphs to raise his survivability would help.

Last edited by Scapemage; July 4th, 2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old July 4th, 2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombo101 View Post
Quote:

Don't be so sure....
If I dismiss your cahllenge and borrow either Nilfheim, Sujoah, or Zelrig, this works:

Ornak 100
Cyprien 250
Krug 370
Nilfheim/ Sujoah/ Zelrig 555
555 points, 4 figures, 6 hexes

Now that I'm anxious to try.

EDIT: Also, giving Ornak some treasure glyphs to raise his survivability would help.
I will be that sure. I will be positively sure. I have played Ornak since the day he was released in various formats (with and without orcs). I even played him at the Battle at the Border, you should not base an army with him, unless you can utilize his other abilities (most namely, the one that affects mainly orcs).

Keep in mind as well, the Iron Golem will be available when the tournament takes place. If you encounter someone running him, all of the specials you are focusing on using will mean nil when it comes to him. Heck, if I can make it for the last round or two, I will probably be playing an Iron Golem just because.

The cake is a lie.

Old July 4th, 2010, 11:19 AM

I'm ignoring D2 right now until I place my order. Alo, no doubt that with the collosal requirements Sir Denrick and the Dwarves are good choices:

Dwarves x2 140
Migol 150
Mogrimm 370
Brandis 460
Feral Troll 550
550 points, 12 figures, 13 hexes

Old July 4th, 2010, 12:42 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Here is is my first army idea.

Deathstalkers x2 - 200
Q10 - 350
Marden Hounds - 440
RotV Sgt. Drake - 550

11 figures 21 spaces

Always wanted to try the Deathstalkers and they seem to fit in with this fromat ok.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old July 4th, 2010, 05:25 PM

Two more armies for consideration...

3x Warforged Soldiers (240 points)
2x Mindflayer (200 points)
1x Iron Golem (100 points)
Isamu (10 points)
550 points, 14 spaces

3x Warforged Soldiers (240 points)
2x Mindflayer (200 points)
Dund (110 points)
550 points, 12 spaces

The cake is a lie.

Old July 4th, 2010, 11:44 PM

Oprime is surprisingly tart

played tested with my son today

Wyvern x2 (200)
Sujoah (185)
Fyrolag spiders x2 (80)
Estivaria (80)
Otonashi (10)

decent bonding and those lil guys can do some damage when your opponent is focused on sujoah

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion