Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old December 19th, 2009, 12:52 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of The Deepwyrm Drow

Nukatha, I just erased a post about how I wholeheartedly agreed with you.

Here's the problem I just noticed: Poison Weapons, while it does add damage to the attack, is not a normal attack. It is a Special Ability, using the d20, so I'm not sure it is subject to OSD, which specifically says "the most damage Migol may take from this attack is 1." Poison Weapons is not part of the attack.

Not sure about this one. Ruling from on-high, please?
Old December 19th, 2009, 01:39 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Nukatha, I just erased a post about how I wholeheartedly agreed with you.

Here's the problem I just noticed: Poison Weapons, while it does add damage to the attack, is not a normal attack. It is a Special Ability, using the d20, so I'm not sure it is subject to OSD, which specifically says "the most damage Migol may take from this attack is 1." Poison Weapons is not part of the attack.

Not sure about this one. Ruling from on-high, please?
My two cents is that although it is a special ability, it nonetheless gets qued off of an attack. For the duration of the attack, Migol is protected to receive no more than one wound per attack. During a disengagement or normal ATTACK, you have a chance to inflict another wound, but as it is still during the attack you are getting the multiple wound, Migol can only receive one. That is how I interpreted it.
Old December 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm with Spite on this one. I think that because the ability triggers after you've placed one wound (hence after attack and defense have both been rolled and the attack is now over), OSD does not apply to it. I think that Migol takes both wounds.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old December 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Guys, I believe this question was already answered in the Book of Sujoah.
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So, max damage is 1 regardless.

Due to the Drow's lack of an auto-kill ability, the poison is useless unless Crixus/Migol rolls no shields.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:27 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Perhaps, but only two characters have OSD.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah. Dipping these blades into Tandros will be quite effective, and I am sure that Raelin and other heros like Laglor and Ornak will be fearing the sting of these spider elves. With careful placement, these drow can quickly overcome most enemies. They will even be good counters to rats if Pelloth is drafted with them, which I would almost consider a must. I just think we need a 3 member ranged drow squad for 60 pts. and we will have a good army. Especially if they have their classic sleeping poison, which could drain figures OM's right off the card. That would be awesome.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
They will even be good counters to rats if Pelloth is drafted with them.
Um, no. You lose 23 points every time you kill your own Drow. That means you need to kill 2 rats every turn just to break even! A special attacker is an infinitely better counter .

These Drow, at first glance, seem to be best suited as counter drafts to the really annoying high defense units (especially Heroes because of Poison Blade), not as a counter to rats.
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post

Due to the Drow's lack of an auto-kill ability, the poison is useless unless Crixus/Migol rolls no shields.
Wait, how did you guys misinterpret this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book of Sujoah "Rulings and Clarifications"
POISON STING SPECIAL ATTACK : Ignore wound(s) just received OR all wounds?
If a power that "ignores wounds just received" (like Acolarh’s Leaf of the Home Tree Aura) triggers on the poison roll, does it allow the defending figure to ignore ALL wounds from the attack?
No. Only the wound(s) that were just inflicted when the power was triggered. (Hasbro FAQ)
So, the Drow inflicts a wound. On Migol, inflicting a wound happens after attack and defense are rolled, and One Shield Defense activates and resolves, leaving Migol with just one or even multiple wounds if he whiffed. Then, Poison Blade activates, giving him another wound. The only thing that would stop the power from activating is a power like Stealth Suit, that would ignore all the initial wounds so Poison Blade never gets triggered.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old December 19th, 2009, 06:52 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post

Wait, how did you guys misinterpret this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book of Sujoah "Rulings and Clarifications"
POISON STING SPECIAL ATTACK : Ignore wound(s) just received OR all wounds?
If a power that "ignores wounds just received" (like Acolarh’s Leaf of the Home Tree Aura) triggers on the poison roll, does it allow the defending figure to ignore ALL wounds from the attack?
No. Only the wound(s) that were just inflicted when the power was triggered. (Hasbro FAQ)
So, the Drow inflicts a wound. On Migol, inflicting a wound happens after attack and defense are rolled, and One Shield Defense activates and resolves, leaving Migol with just one or even multiple wounds if he whiffed. Then, Poison Blade activates, giving him another wound. The only thing that would stop the power from activating is a power like Stealth Suit, that would ignore all the initial wounds so Poison Blade never gets triggered.

I'm with Fen on this one.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:13 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Here's the problem with the Sujoah comparison:

Sujoah's Poison Sting is a Special Attack. Migol rolls Defense and OSD activates.

The Drow's Poison Weapons is a d20 Special Ability. Migol's Defense roll has already resolved (including OSD). The Drow's ability is not an Attack, even though it has the effect of adding another wound. OSD does not apply.

I still think Migol can be hit twice by the Drow.

EDIT: Posted the question in the "Ask the Design Team" thread. Let's just cut the chatter until we get an answer.

Last edited by spiteofthedice; December 19th, 2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I guess you have to be rather lucky on your rolls to detonate equal points in rats. They will be effective against minions and sentinels though, which is a little bit of a helper. If I had to rate them, I see them as B- units.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units