Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Zauriel - Design Phase

Changed your "form" to "from" in both posts.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:32 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I really love this design, I just have one nit pick right now. Zauriel is an Angel from Heaven, and a flaming sword should not cause him to "oops, I guess I can't attack at all now".

FLAMING SWORD STRIKE 15
After moving and before attacking, you may roll the 20-sided die.

* If you roll 1-6, Zauriel cannot attack this turn.
* If you roll 7-14, nothing happens.
* If you roll 15 or higher, when Zauriel attacks with his normal attack this turn, all blanks rolled count as unblockable hits on the defending figure.

I like this instead:

FLAMING SWORD STRIKE 15
After moving and before attacking, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 15 or higher, all blanks rolled count as unblockable hits on the defending figure.
Agreed. And I like Angel as the species and Guardian as the class. I'm not worried about the closeness with Guard - they're clearly two different words. I can deal with Protector, but I like the idea of an actual "Guardian Angel" better.
I think the power level of this guy looks about right from my impression of him in the comics.
Any reason for an odd cost number, though, Scapey? Wondering what the thinking was behind that one.
As for the theme of the blanks being hits, it's a heavenly instrument, so it's "blessed" in its ability to hit even when you think it wouldn't. Works for me.
Really liking this one!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:00 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe we could cut the d20 roll out altogether? It would really streamline the power... and he's not likely to roll very many blanks with 4 attack dice... also keep in mind that any blanks rolled will count against his sword actually breaking the enemy's defense. So how about this:

SWORD OF FLAME
All blanks rolled with Zauriel's normal attack count as unblockable hits on the defending figure.

Every once in a while it could get crazy good, but as a supernatural character I think that'd be okay. An angel should be able to break Superman every once in awhile, methinks.

EDIT: Also, should Demons be also extra affected by Sonic Flash? I'd like to see one of the (likely) few Angels be a good draft against demons...

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I would definitely be AOK with that Margloth.

I am of the opinion that D20 rolls don't always make things interesting, and they certainly are not always needed either.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think I'm OK with dropping the D20 roll there as well. Maybe drop his normal attack to 3, though, because if you pair him with some others to enhance his attack and put him on height, it could get a little nuts.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:10 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think I'm OK with dropping the D20 roll there as well. Maybe drop his normal attack to 3, though, because if you pair him with some others to enhance his attack and put him on height, it could get a little nuts.
You could weaken the freak all-blanks roll in other ways. For example, you could say "if at least one skull is rolled".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think with 4 attack dice it's fine... with one blank (likely all that you'll get) he'll usually only have 3-4 dice left to actually poke through his opponent's defense. So he's more likely than most heroes, perhaps, to cause a wound, but also less likely to cause multiple wounds.

In fact, I wonder if his attack and defense shouldn't go up to 5 and 6, and his points up to the 330 ish range. I mean, if we're willing to give Gorillas up to 6 dice, it seems an Angel should be a bit tougher...

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:16 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I mean, if we're willing to give Gorillas up to 6 dice, it seems an Angel should be a bit tougher...

I like the idea that if a skull is rolled it is like the sword making contact, not completely whiffing, in order to get the auto hit from blanks.

Last edited by Gurei-Ornery; September 23rd, 2011 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Expounding
Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:26 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I mean, if we're willing to give Gorillas up to 6 dice, it seems an Angel should be a bit tougher...

I like the idea that if a skull is rolled it is like the sword making contact, not completely whiffing, in order to get the auto hit from blanks.
I was thinking of going up in power too, definitely not down.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So, 6 attack with this modification?

SWORD OF FLAME
If at least one skull is rolled with Zauriel's normal attack, all blanks rolled count as unblockable hits on the defending figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old September 23rd, 2011, 01:10 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Counting blanks in a defense roll works really well for Superman and Flash. Counting blanks in a attack roll and assigning them as auto-wounds is a bit odd to me in the timing of it. Do you assign the auto-wounds before or after the regular attack roll (skulls) are resolved?

Why not count all blanks as skulls?
Old September 23rd, 2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Counting blanks in a defense roll works really well for Superman and Flash. Counting blanks in a attack roll and assigning them as auto-wounds is a bit odd to me in the timing of it. Do you assign the auto-wounds before or after the regular attack roll (skulls) are resolved?

Why not count all blanks as skulls?
I like that too, with an attack 5. Also, "Figures with Lava Resistance roll 1 additional defense die for each blank rolled."

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library