Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 9th, 2010, 07:27 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker
Petiton for Terrain Expansions NEW PETITION

An Open Letter to WotC for Additional Heroscape Terrain

We, the undersigned Heroscapers, love playing Heroscape and request that more terrain be available for us to purchase.

We are excited by the new master set "Battle for the Underdark" and appreciate the elements that it adds to the already rich options available for map building.

However, we are concerned that there has been a trend to reduce the amount of terrain included with the master set expansions and that the original master set, Rise of the Valkyrie, is no longer available. In addition, most of the previous terrain expansions are no longer available for purchase either. This has created an artificial scarcity and commodity pricing. Pricing can be as high as ten times the original retail value putting it out of reach to the average player. The previous terrain expansions have become collectibles rather than pieces to use in the game that we love to play.

Although we don't know what the future plans are in regards to reprints or the production of new terrain, we do offer some suggestions that we hope may be useful:

1. Reprint previously released terrain. A re-release of Rise of the Valkyrie as a terrain only expansion. Reprints of terrain from Thaelenk Tundra, Volcarren Wasteland, and Ticalla Jungle. Again, even as terrain-only expansion sets.

2. Repackage previously released terrain as boosters. An alternative approach would be to make terrain available as waves and sell the previously released types of terrain in packs like the figures.

3. Create new terrain releases. This can sometimes be as simple as re-purposing a previous release with new paint and theme, ala the aborted desert expansion.

We hope that you will consider our request and that our suggestions may be of some use. We look forward to the continued production of a game that we love and hope that more terrain will be available soon.

Signed,
Heroscapers for more terrain

I would also like to point your attention to the thread that inspired this Petition: Declaration of Classic Scapers.

I give my thanks to odbo, for creating an official Petition for this thread!

- Uchiha Blood

We the Undersigned Agree with the Concerns Stated Above:
1. Vilsara
2. tcglkn
3. Killer Lawnmower
4. Simpsons Scaper
5. odbo255
6. Arrow Grut
7. Bolo
8. Muffinman
9. Chilling Touch
10. A3n

The petition is now updated by odbo255.

This is the current copy

Last edited by Uchiha Blood; July 30th, 2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Petiton for Terrain Expansions

I say they should take it one step further and rerealse all the waves one by one and continue a rerelasision until 'scape goes out of bussiness. So sign me up.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:41 PM

Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby! Kaiser Cat rolls all skulls baby!

Add my name here.

Spoiler Alert!
...In the Dream Cave...
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:47 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in!
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:51 PM

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for all the support!
Old May 9th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

You've got my vote! Though I doubt people who have invested in these expansions will agree. I think home gaming is rather dull as I cannot add in anything more than a few trees. Reprints would spark availability.

Another idea, what if HS and WotC start including ice, lava field, molten lava, concrete, asphalt, shadow, or dungeon pieces in small expansions so we could at least have something. They've already shown that hexes aren't a problem to produce/package with previous expansions, so why not continue it. What's the point in releasing Fire Elementals/Greater Ice Elementals if no one has ice or lava anymore?

So here's my vote for more, even if it's an alternate solution:
x-Krysto2002

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:19 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

Please listen Wizards!

Add my name.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:23 PM
<>character<>

LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordEsenwienIV wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in!

Old May 9th, 2010, 08:23 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Sign me up as well.
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

Although I hope WotC would put out more terrian, I would prefer them to rerelease previous terrian, essepecially the TJ and VW. So I will withdraw my signing.( If I can do so. )

Last edited by yamissflash; August 7th, 2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Blood View Post
A list of usernames supporting the reprints of terrain expansions to get more terrain in the hands of players without having to pay an arm in a leg!
That's it? That's your solution for WoTC?

As I've already written elsewhere I think it's important more terrain gets in the hands of the customers, but I'm not really impressed by a demand that they accomplish that in a specific way that may not be financially prudent (RotV) or legal (VW, if still bound by contract to TRU).

I do hope there is a remedy in the pipeline, though I'll point out that 2x MS3 is a fair amount of terrain, and I've read that MS3 is at many WalMarts. But I'm not going to tell WotC how to do it as if there's only one way.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Blood View Post
A list of usernames supporting the reprints of terrain expansions to get more terrain in the hands of players without having to pay an arm in a leg!
That's it? That's your solution for WoTC?

As I've already written elsewhere I think it's important more terrain gets in the hands of the customers, but I'm not really impressed by a demand that they accomplish that in a specific way that may not be financially prudent (RotV) or legal (VW, if still bound by contract to TRU).

I do hope there is a remedy in the pipeline, though I'll point out that 2x MS3 is a fair amount of terrain, and I've read that MS3 is at many WalMarts. But I'm not going to tell WotC how to do it as if there's only one way.
2x MS3 does not get you road, lava, snow, or swamp. You also get very little grass terrain, one of the more important terrains in outdoor maps. 1x 1, 2, and 3 hex grass tiles is not enough to build any thing outdoor.

I am not saying that this is there only option, but this solution would accomplish the need of every new 'Scaper, terrain. Also, a reprint does not mean it would be called the same thing, as seen with the reprint of Wave 5 in Wave 10. This could be a solution that would put lava terrain into the hands of players, just not the original VW set.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion