Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 12th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Iron Golem- What's your army idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Stuff that can't kill Q9 - 400
Iron Golem - 500
That was both of my armies, silly. However, it really needs to be "stuff that can't kill Q9 but can dispose of squads".
This is the best army plan formula for this guy.

I really see him as very playable in armies like Braxas where you have a solution to most opponents but have trouble dealing with high survivability figures outside of Braxas limitations ie: large, huge figures.
This tank kills big money heroes that enjoy special attacks like Nilfhiem, Q9, Q10, and Braxas to name a few.

He is an excellent 100pts counterdraft solution and filler unit and answer when your army is lacking in his area of expertise.
Old June 12th, 2010, 11:18 PM

Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Iron Matthias

KoW x4 - 280
Sir G. - 385
Iron Golem - 485
Eldgrim - 515

Run Eldgrim out on a glyph and give his spirit to Golem. Alternate OM's and march him towards whatever Robot or Dragon is giving you problems. Also,

Irons in the Fire

Zelrig - 185
Greenscales x3 - 365
Iron Golem - 465
Marcu + Isamu - 495

I like Zelrig with the Greenscales more than Nilfheim, but Zelrig doesn't take down big heroes very well.

Last edited by Kaemon Awasome; June 12th, 2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: I tried to stick to KC's and dok's formula... makes sense.
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've always liked armies that are tough to crack open, how about:

Juggernaut
2xMinions 220
Q9 180
Iron Golem 100
500/10

Just plain ol' "punch ya in the face" goodness.

~Aldin, addicted to the big "D"

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:51 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

With 3 life, he's not going to be disengaging much, so I like something that handles rats or ignores them. Braxas has already been mentioned.

Iron Orcs
Iron Golem - 100
Grimnak - 220
Heaviesx3 - 430
Raelin - 510

Iron Midgets
Iron Golem - 100
Black Wyrmling x5 - 250
Raelin - 330
Rats x3 - 450
Red Wyrmling x2 -510
Old June 13th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Q9-180
Krav-280
Raelin-360
Iron Golem-460
Laglor-570
Black Wyrmling-600

I know that it is higher then most tournaments, although I have played in ones that high. I think that it combines the range pod with an iron wall of defense. I would not want to attack this with melee, and it can tear up squads and heroes.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old June 13th, 2010, 09:01 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Hydra x2 - 240
IG88 - 340
saylind - 420
Kelda - 500

You can sub Raelin for either kyrie also. I like Saylind here to help gets your heroes past screens and
Kelda with all these tough "low-lifes"

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

I haven't read the other thread yet, but my first thought was that he makes a good DW9K explosion target: get him in the mix among the enemy squads and let the deathwalker ping away at him. So...

DW9K: 140
Iron Golem x2: 200
10th Foot x2: 150
Isamu: 10
Total: 500pts, 14 hexes.
Old June 13th, 2010, 10:39 AM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

This guy is terrific value in my opinion for only 100 points.

Iron Golem x3
Q9

480 points

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:27 AM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
Iron Midgets
Iron Golem - 100
Black Wyrmling x5 - 250
Raelin - 330
Rats x3 - 450
Red Wyrmling x2 -510
This army is pretty awesome. I love the Black Wyrmlings and Iron Golems. However, I think a good possibility would be to switch out 1 squad of rats and the Red Wyrmlings for another Iron Golem.
Old June 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I haven't read the other thread yet, but my first thought was that he makes a good DW9K explosion target: get him in the mix among the enemy squads and let the deathwalker ping away at him. So...

DW9K: 140
Iron Golem x2: 200
10th Foot x2: 150
Isamu: 10
Total: 500pts, 14 hexes.
Wow... that totally works. The IG is basically immune to explosion attacks, and since his great weakness is getting engaged, hitting him with the explosion is a natural solution. Nasty; I like it.

As a variant, you could go for the most feared explosion attack of all:

100 Iron Golem
185 Zelrig
225 10th Regiment x3
510, 16 hexes

Good luck tying up the IG with rats there!

Or if you want to do something a little different (or for heroes only or a D&D party), go with Jorhdawn:

100 Iron Golem
150 Ulginesh
20 Kyntela Gwyn
80 Raelin RotV
50 Arkmer
100 Jorhdawn
500, 7 hexes
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:54 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Well, as a counter for special attacks, putting him with rats would be good.

Iron Golem x3 300
Rats x5 500

For fun.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 13th, 2010, 12:58 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Well, as a counter for special attacks, putting him with rats would be good.

Iron Golem x3 300
Rats x5 500

For fun.
That's 26 hexes. But with either attacks of 1 or one attack per OM, squadscape will beat that pretty easily.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion