Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old March 28th, 2024, 06:32 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I do think that Fulcrum is one of those exemplary maps. I could see an updated version replacing it, but I think it reaches the level that WoS maps should hold as the best-of-the-best. If I said no to keeping it, I feel like I would have a hard time saying yes to a host of other deserving maps.
Could you elaborate on why you think Fulcrum is "exemplary" (also bear with me but I don't really understand what that means) and "hold as best-of-the-best"? Or is it just a "gut feeling"? (Which is completely fine).

Old April 5th, 2024, 02:48 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
I do think that Fulcrum is one of those exemplary maps. I could see an updated version replacing it, but I think it reaches the level that WoS maps should hold as the best-of-the-best. If I said no to keeping it, I feel like I would have a hard time saying yes to a host of other deserving maps.
Could you elaborate on why you think Fulcrum is "exemplary" (also bear with me but I don't really understand what that means) and "hold as best-of-the-best"? Or is it just a "gut feeling"? (Which is completely fine).
Sorry for taking so long, but I'm happy to explain what I meant!

By "exemplary" I mean that I feel that the map sets the example or standard for what maps should strive for. In the case of Fulcrum, I think that it has a few features that are usually red flags for me (such as height right outside the start zone, jungle on that height, narrow passage through the middle), but that its strengths outweigh the usual weaknesses that those features have. There ends up being a lot of strategy depending on matchup and map awareness. So, in the end, I felt that Fulcrum is an example of how to break rules or conventions well while still having a strong tournament map, thus putting it among the best-of-the-best.

Hopefully that helps!

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios