Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Cleanup thread: WotC questions

Thanks for locking the other thread Truth...it was getting kind of crazy!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre
Kind of off-topic, I think, but.....

Quote:
2. When is this effective?
The transition has already begun and will be complete by 4/1/08. Wizards is already working on future SKUs at this time.

What's an SKU?
An SKU is a new product. It stands for Stock Keeping Units.
Ah, thanks.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler

1) How will previews of up coming product be handled?
I can tell you that they've already sent me a preview of wave 8 packaging. I'll be releasing it in a couple of days after everyone has had time to soak in this news.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:

I can tell you that they've already sent me a preview of wave 8 packaging. I'll be releasing it in a couple of days after everyone has had time to soak in this news.
WOTC + Truth = Awesome!!!
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:28 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Can't wait for Kato!
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:

Consider the news "soaked"! Let's see those elves!
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:39 PM

MrBarkypants Woo who?
I just wanted to add my Kudos for WotC coeming on line to answer questions. That is awesome.

I am curious about the Marvelscape future, too.

I'm Mr. Barkypants, and I'm a mix of ol schoo and new schoo....
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik
3. Are you guys hiring?
You are such a Santa laugh!

BTW, I'm available for freelancing and playtesting. Will work for plasticrack.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM

Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker Metaknight knows what's in an order marker
Yes! Yes! Yes! If they start tournaments, official tournaments, then I can actually play the game with someone!!! Yay!!!

See Valhalla like never before:
Airborne Elite in the
BYZANTINE CAVE...
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM

djsmith has disabled reputation
Re: Jungle Trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
I'm happy about Wizards being in control of production and distribution, I just hope they do us right in the design of Heroscape. Long live Heroscape!

Is there any news on when Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle will be released?
This is a tricky one. As you know, the Jungle set was delayed for a number of reasons, including having to go back and rebuild a couple of the components from scratch. The downside of this is that, with the changes, we'd lose money if we produced this set. And that's not good for our long-term survival.

So, we've taken a step back, and looked for other ways that we can put trees into your hands. Our leading contender is something that solves two problems in one fell swoop. It'll give you the trees you want, and it gives the hobby stores the ability to sell terrain to people (they can't easily carry the master set because they can't make enough money on it).

Here's the plan: Cut the packaging down to a simple box with no window (saves a bunch of $), and put the following components in the box: 2 Trees, 2 Brush, and around 20 swamp/jungle-themed hex tiles (1, 2, 3, and 7-hex). At the same time, we're also looking at a desert terrain pack, containing rock formations (using the ice molds), with 5 rocks and a similar amount of sand/rock-themed terrain. Both of these would sell for $20, and would be sold in hobby stores.

Both of these will be a big test for how well future terrain packs will do. We're working on a plan that will put brand new terrain features (graves, statues, columns, walls, whatever else we can come up with) out in similar packs for 2009. Look for another thread some point soon to discuss desired new terrain features.
That's major news right there. That was my most anticipated new expansion yet. Even the wife was looking forward to that one and she doesn't play.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Jungle Trees

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
I'm happy about Wizards being in control of production and distribution, I just hope they do us right in the design of Heroscape. Long live Heroscape!

Is there any news on when Aquilla's Alliance and Ticalla Jungle will be released?
This is a tricky one. As you know, the Jungle set was delayed for a number of reasons, including having to go back and rebuild a couple of the components from scratch. The downside of this is that, with the changes, we'd lose money if we produced this set. And that's not good for our long-term survival.

So, we've taken a step back, and looked for other ways that we can put trees into your hands. Our leading contender is something that solves two problems in one fell swoop. It'll give you the trees you want, and it gives the hobby stores the ability to sell terrain to people (they can't easily carry the master set because they can't make enough money on it).

Here's the plan: Cut the packaging down to a simple box with no window (saves a bunch of $), and put the following components in the box: 2 Trees, 2 Brush, and around 20 swamp/jungle-themed hex tiles (1, 2, 3, and 7-hex). At the same time, we're also looking at a desert terrain pack, containing rock formations (using the ice molds), with 5 rocks and a similar amount of sand/rock-themed terrain. Both of these would sell for $20, and would be sold in hobby stores.

Both of these will be a big test for how well future terrain packs will do. We're working on a plan that will put brand new terrain features (graves, statues, columns, walls, whatever else we can come up with) out in similar packs for 2009. Look for another thread some point soon to discuss desired new terrain features.
I love it. Thank you!!

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 04:00 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
And now, lunchtime.
You heard the man!

Everyone back off for an hour!

(yea, right...)
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion