Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 28th, 2017, 07:28 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conduit View Post
I played a couple games on Stalwart at the weekend. I think it plays really well, plenty of cover, opportunities to flank, and with random face down glyphs it really threw a few unexpected twists and turns, head to head right up until the last two units. I very much enjoyed this one!
Glad you liked the map. Typically, when I play Stalwart, it is with set glyphs face up. That's just because the glyphs are closer to one side than the other. But keeping them facedown and random can keep things interesting.

Thanks for the feedback.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 30th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Heh. I saw activity in the thread and got excited for a map from "9/7."

I do always enjoy browsing, though.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 30th, 2017, 09:47 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Heh. I saw activity in the thread and got excited for a map from "9/7."

I do always enjoy browsing, though.
Alright, that motivates me to put at least one of my maps on my table into virtualscape. I'll post one of them later today.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 30th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Excellent. Just in time for NHSD events, too! I'm looking forward to it.

= =
Old September 30th, 2017, 12:52 PM

Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/30/17

Update 9/30/17

Dad Scaper came by looking for a new map, so I figured I'd grant his wish. Here is a snow map I've had on the table for a few weeks. I've been happy with how it has played. You can use normal snow or Heavy snow. I think they both work well. However, I recommend normal ice. Anyway, have fun.

Map:
Deadlock
Date Uploaded: 9/20/2017
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TT, 1 RttFF
Heavy snow, normal ice

Old September 30th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ooh, I love the use of ice in the stream through the middle. We'll use it at our next event.

Thanks, dignan!

= =
Old October 29th, 2017, 07:31 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I like it - intuitive startzones, not too irregular for the double spacers, and subtle asymmetry. The roster of good RotV+TT maps is remarkably small, so it's nice to add one. Also, cool touch using a real photo.
Old October 30th, 2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
I like it - intuitive startzones, not too irregular for the double spacers, and subtle asymmetry. The roster of good RotV+TT maps is remarkably small, so it's nice to add one. Also, cool touch using a real photo.
Thanks, man. We used the map at our NHSD event and it handled pretty well. The biggest problem was that slow melee armies had troubles making use of the flanks. We had a mirror knight game that became a meat grinder on the bridge.

But other than that, it was a pretty successful map. R˙chean and I have probably played on it a dozen times and we've seen all areas of it used pretty effectively.

Old November 16th, 2017, 02:33 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Dignan! I was going through your maps and I noticed that the build instructions for Relic are kind of weird. For some reason when I download it, it's shown as one level per page. It doesn't impact the building of course, but it does make it difficult if you want to print it out.
Old November 20th, 2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Hey Dignan! I was going through your maps and I noticed that the build instructions for Relic are kind of weird. For some reason when I download it, it's shown as one level per page. It doesn't impact the building of course, but it does make it difficult if you want to print it out.
Well, that's weird. I never noticed that before. Thanks for the heads up. I'll look into uploading a new copy of that.

Old June 29th, 2018, 03:38 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Dignan - as I've perused your maps thread (which is incredible by the way), I found myself having to know - Is your map "The Shattered Plains" based off of The Stormlight Archive?

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I agree with Flash." ~superfrog

Old July 3rd, 2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
@Dignan - as I've perused your maps thread (which is incredible by the way), I found myself having to know - Is your map "The Shattered Plains" based off of The Stormlight Archive?
Thanks for checking out the maps. To answer your question, "yes" the shattered plains is my take on the location of the same name from the Stormlight Archive. I took some liberties to break up the line of sight and add some visual diversity, but the idea started from those books.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios