Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 15th, 2012, 11:57 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Update 4/7/12: Kaemon's Customs

It's been a while since I made my first custom, and, to be honest, my first few were horrible failures. So, to prevent all kinds of confusion, I think it's best that I just make a new thread for my "new" customs.

Anyway, here they are:

Drow Assasin - 2/15/12
This guy was originally designed as a cheap Uncommon Hero, but after a couple games I found that it was more fun to use him with Pelloth, and by himself, to make them common. They might be a bit overpriced, but better than underpriced.

Mini: Giants of Legend Drow Rogue.
Pricing: Low availability, around $3-5 per figure.

Vargach - 2/15/12 SoV - Under Review
I've been playing with this guy for a while, and I absolutely love him. While I like the C3V units in general, I'm not a fan of Zogross, and though he needed an offensive counterpart, hence Vargach was born. Of course, it's fun and thematic to have them both in the same army, just a little OM tricky.

Mini: Pathfinder Battles Lizardfolk Champion
Price: Over 100 available, about $3 a figure.

Lizardfolk Scout - 2/15/12
Complete redesign of my previous Lizardfolk Scout card. A nice point filler in Lizardfolk armies, helps them become a bit more cohesive. Maybe a little OP, and I might need to bump it down to one scout for Scout Ahead. Oh well, these guys are strictly casual play until I can thoroughly test.

Mini: Dungeons and Dragons War of the Dragon Queen Poison Dusk Lizardfolk
Price: $5-10 a figure, low availability

Aranel - 2/15/12
Another complete redesign. Decided the previous Aranel was completely OP, and with the current powers, there wasn't a reasonable point cost to give her. I still liked the figure and theme though, so I tried to keep the theme intact.

Mini: Pathfinder Beginner Heroes Box Merisiel.
Price: Unknown.

Argith - 2/15/12
Argith was designed to go with my Drow faction (more of which should be coming soon!), and contains both an OM manipulation power, which will be important (hint, hint) and a basic command-type power to boost the commons.

Mini: D&D Aberrations Ryld Argith
Price: Low availability, $10 a figure

Stone Elemental - 2/16/12
At 4/5 for 35, these guys are serious threats in melee, especially against those pricey soulborgs. However, it comes at a cost. When you lose your elementalist, they turn right back into boulders!

Mini: D&D War Drums Elemental Wall
Price: High numbers, $2-5

Unholy Wraith - 3/17/12
I ran out of ideas a while back, and playtesting on my last few Drow is hitting some snags, so I was extremely glad to have the idea for this guy pop into my head. Basically, he's a hero who comes back from the grave to haunt and possess his enemies. Potentially interesting synergies with the Viking Champions.

Mini: D&D Night Below Dread Wraith
Price: High, but available

Brothers of Night - 4/7/12
A while ago, I saw a picture of these guys somewhere, and immediately thought: AWESOME. They are quite simply the coolest looking assassin-type guys ever.

Miniatures used: Confrontation Griffins of Akkylannie unit box.
Price: $8.00 on Miniature Market, with 36 in stock as of 4/7/12.

Last edited by Kaemon Awa 123; April 17th, 2012 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Mini Info Completed
Old February 15th, 2012, 11:58 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Kaemon's Customs!

Phew, that was quite a long type! Anyway, for reference, Aranel and the Lizardfolk Scout are redesigns, while Argith, Vargach, and the Assassin are new designs.

Thoughts, comments and suggestions are all welcome.
Old February 16th, 2012, 12:20 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The constructive critic in me states that while I like the idea behind Argith's Drow Command skill, I would rather have seen it as an additional attack die instead of a re-roll. I think I just dislike the thought behind re-rolls.
Aranel is solid (although I would have put a limited move on the into darkness idea).
Vargach's Blood trail may get a little difficult to work with (perhaps moving an extra two if he starts next to the wounded hero).

The gushing critic in me states that the Globe of Darkness and Greatsword are excellent.
The Assassin is a most amazing concept although I would have made him a touch more expensive (also on the card it says Common Squad - not Hero).
AND I'm not a fan of Drow but these are good customs.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; February 16th, 2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: The Lizardfolk scout is very cool IMHO.
Old February 16th, 2012, 09:05 AM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I've gotta run, and I only had time to see a few. I LOVE the assassin idea, and when I saw the scout I said "Finally, a scout that actually SCOUTS!"
I see you recycled "Savagery", too.
Good job!
Old February 16th, 2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
The constructive critic in me states that while I like the idea behind Argith's Drow Command skill, I would rather have seen it as an additional attack die instead of a re-roll. I think I just dislike the thought behind re-rolls.
I can see the point that you would prefer that, but I think I prefer the re-roll to keep his point total down. As Taelord shows us, attack is expensive.
Quote:
Aranel is solid (although I would have put a limited move on the into darkness idea).
That is certainly something to consider, I'll think it over for a bit.
Quote:
Vargach's Blood trail may get a little difficult to work with (perhaps moving an extra two if he starts next to the wounded hero).
It fits in mechanically with Charging Assault. Also, I like the theme better, his class is Hunter and I imagine him tracking down his prey.
Quote:
The gushing critic in me states that the Globe of Darkness and Greatsword are excellent.
The Assassin is a most amazing concept although I would have made him a touch more expensive (also on the card it says Common Squad - not Hero).AND I'm not a fan of Drow but these are good customs.
Thanks for the compliments! And I'll be sure to fix that typo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvenwizard9 View Post
I've gotta run, and I only had time to see a few. I LOVE the assassin idea, and when I saw the scout I said "Finally, a scout that actually SCOUTS!"
I see you recycled "Savagery", too.
Good job!
Thanks for the feedback elvenwizard! And yeah, I liked Savagery so much that I had to fit it into a classic custom. I may have found a mini that I can work Brutality into, also.
Old February 16th, 2012, 10:38 PM

Re: Kaemon's Customs: Update 2/16/12

Stone Elemental added to the OP. Credit to SoA for inspiration and find of the mini!
Old February 17th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Stone Elemental added to the OP. Credit to SoA for inspiration and find of the mini!
Just seeing the Stone Elemental now. I love the way you interpreted it. Makes them seem a bit more stone-like. I can completely imagine losing Kurrock and then having the battlefield altered, perhaps drastically. What if they were terrain obstacles rather than destructible objects? It could make the game less complicated.
Old February 17th, 2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Just seeing the Stone Elemental now. I love the way you interpreted it. Makes them seem a bit more stone-like. I can completely imagine losing Kurrock and then having the battlefield altered, perhaps drastically. What if they were terrain obstacles rather than destructible objects? It could make the game less complicated.
I think that destructible object is the way to go. Terrain obstacles can't be attacked, and I can see reasons to arrange your elementals in such a way that you can kill your own Kurrok to make an indestructible, impassable screen, or even bordering the start zone with them to make it impossible for melee figures to hit your turtling Q9.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad to know that you enjoy the custom! Good thing you came back when you did... It was crazy, everyone was like, "SoA's gone! Quick, steal all his ideas!"... if you get what I mean.
Old February 17th, 2012, 11:50 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like the Lizardfolk scout and Vargash.
Old February 28th, 2012, 09:14 PM

The Drow Assassin has been updated, to clarify Out of Darkness, and also to fix a few typos.
Old March 11th, 2012, 07:27 AM

Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker Hive Lord 1233 knows what's in an order marker

The Scouts look like wonderful fillers in lizard armies. Its just that-
Say you take Greenscales, A lizard hero, and a couple of scouts. You make the hero your lizard king. So now you are able to take a turn with one squad of Greenscales, the hero, AND two scouts?
Old March 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord 1233 View Post
The Scouts look like wonderful fillers in lizard armies. Its just that-
Say you take Greenscales, A lizard hero, and a couple of scouts. You make the hero your lizard king. So now you are able to take a turn with one squad of Greenscales, the hero, AND two scouts?
Yes, that's what would happen. However, the important thing is that 2 or less spaces of movement. It's harder to set up than it seems, especially because the Greenie's bonus is only in effect 2 spaces from the hero.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards