Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 17th, 2011, 05:13 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 4/16

Good perch, but it also looks like there are enough LoS blockers around to be an issue for her.

-insert signature here-
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I built (and proxied as I don't have TT) Wintergreen, and it looks great! One potential problem are the random glyphs to each side. They are another huge pull factor away from most of the rest of the board. Most of the gameplay will result there, and it will make games slow and more boring.

That being said, it still is an awesome map. One last criticism- the height and glyphs that I am worried about is pushed more to one side. It takes 9 move to get to the hill from one side, and 7 from the other. In my game, the closer starting zone to each was dominant there for pretty much the whole game.

This is based on just one game, though, and I imagine you've put in way more playtesting. Just a heads-up.

Edit- my 666th post. Very lucky

Last edited by Robber; April 18th, 2011 at 12:51 PM.
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:54 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

The glyph pull I think is the idea in order get action to that area of the battlefield. Without them everything would center around the height in the middle.

-insert signature here-
Old April 17th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
DrL made a map a few weeks ago that featured swamp terrain and snow. I really dug the look of the dark green and the snow tiles together (along with a nice mix of trees).
Yeah, I got the chance to play on DrL's map. It was nicely done, aesthetically pleasing to the eye, and fun to play on.

I'm glad you used that concept (swamp grass with snow) with Wintergreen. It looks like a fun one and I cannot wait to try it out. Kudos, Dignan.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:47 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Update 4/23

Well, I decided to do a little ham-fisted edit to Wintergreen. I wasn't a big fan of allowing the Raelin Perch move from the start zone. So I did a little bit of a sloppy change to fix it. I think it will perform a little better.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:37 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 4/23

Update 4/23

Also, new map: I finally finished tweaking this new split start zone map. It took forever. I had planned on uploading it before Turnstile, but it just wouldn't play right. I think I've finally got it worked out to the point I like.

Map:
Proximity
Date Uploaded: 4/23/11
Requires: 1 RotV, 2 TT
Normal snow, normal ice.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old April 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Is it intentional that a rat on the glyph can't be attacked by a range 1 figure (or chomped/cyberclawed/tactical switched/etc) from above? That seems like a significant flaw; am I missing something?
Old April 23rd, 2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Is it intentional that a rat on the glyph can't be attacked by a range 1 figure (or chomped/cyberclawed/tactical switched/etc) from above? That seems like a significant flaw; am I missing something?
Arggg.... I think I just forgot to change that before I uploaded it. This map has been revised a ton. Usually I do my VS file after the map is done, but I kept revising this one. As I was revising the physical maps, I must have missed this changed in the file. I'll get a the revision uploaded here shortly.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:04 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Proximity looks interesting - I like the split start zone maps, but I don't see a start area large enough to place the hive.
Old April 27th, 2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Proximity looks interesting - I like the split start zone maps, but I don't see a start area large enough to place the hive.
Good catch. Thanks to you and dok, I've been able to remedy two mistakes. I've adjusted my build instructions and the file has been updated.

Old April 27th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice change. I love how certain areas are basically reserved for fighting in one area, but the humongous advantage flying figures have because of all of the water and glacier placement.

Z-bombs look killer.
Old April 28th, 2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
Z-bombs look killer.
Yeah, Zelrig can be a huge factor in split start zone maps. Ideally maps like Proximity would be used at an event where there are several more traditional or long maps to dilute the effect of Zelrig on the overall event.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios