Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 8th, 2008, 11:17 AM

NormanJFin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question How do you integrate size 7 "humans" (Now with PICTURES)

[ EDIT: June 19, 2008 - I have added pictures.

NOTE: I think the store has more - If anyone wants to talk buying them, email me at kaganate@yahoo.com
(I will not sell the ones I painted though - I can't see pricing them high enough for my time) ]

I got some great Russian manufactured figures recently. Unfortunately, they were in a box and the guy had no interest in opening it.
When I opened it at home I was disappointed to see that the scale was a bit off -- they all average around same height as DeathWalker-9000
(although they stand nicely without a stand - so they look a wee shorter).

So, while I have some ideas on how to account for their greater size,

I am hoping for some experienced input from you guys here --
What would you do with size 7 human figures ???
(for an aditional detail - these guys are themed armies of five characters each)

------------
As an interesting PS - the batch I got was a booster set made in 2002 so the Russian game was going strong at least 2 years before HS came out.
Curiuosly, the storyline is a couple of wizards battling for mastery on an island by recruiting figures from other worlds (mainly medieval-fantasy with a mix of cyber) by plucking them out of no-win battle situations.

[ This is them - I painted one figure in each team ]

All four "teams" together.
NOTE in addition to these, the store had another four groups (including WWII Russians, "Rhodesians" - scary cyber colonialists..)

"The Amazons"

"Borodino" - Napoleonic period Russians
I painted up the drummer because its an interesting addition to Heroscape.
My thinking is similar powers as a flag bearer but based on a reaction to sound rather than sight (so no LOS necessary and a larger range of effect)

"Pushkari" (the cannoneers) - medieval Russians

"Grenadiers" - 18th century Grenadiers with Cyber-enhancements (note the wires in the right hand and the hose running under the arm)

As I said, if anyone is interested in buying, email me at kaganate@yahoo.com

Last edited by NormanJFin; June 19th, 2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Added pictures
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:15 PM

SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker SpiderCoach knows what's in an order marker
Re: How do you integrate size 7 "humans"

A couple quick ideas.....

1. When you develop custom cards for your new squads, make them a new species from a planet other than Earth. Then...they're not humans, they're humanoids. You can keep their height at seven since that's how big the humanoids are on that planet.

2. Make them a human squad from Earth, and pretend that their height is medium-5. Play them that way.

Personally, I like option one. In option #2 the hit zones are disproportionate to their size, so you might want to play with adding a +1 defense there.

"If winning doesn't matter, why keep score?"

Special Thanks to: stay_golden_PONYBOY, Browncoat, Onacara, King's Knight, Grishnakh, and Kenjib

Good Traders: capnfrank, heroscaper314, R˙chean
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:16 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker

Just pretend they are basketball players.

Please keep signatures short.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Young giants?

I think the "race-other-than-human" option is the most useable. Nothing wrong with a race of larger, but not too large creatures.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:27 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Young giants?

I think the "race-other-than-human" option is the most useable. Nothing wrong with a race of larger, but not too large creatures.

Jim
The average height of humans has been increasing over the years. Size 7 Humans exist today, and will be tomorrow's average.

Please keep signatures short.
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:59 PM

NormanJFin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito View Post
The average height of humans has been increasing over the years. Size 7 Humans exist today, and will be tomorrow's average.
Well,
The Samurai are size-4, Finn is size-5 and there is a substantial difference between them.
If size-4 is assumed to be on the tall size of Japanese average (a bit over 5 and a half feet), Finn must be like 6 and a half feet tall.
The Kyrie are size-6 - I'm assuming that's at least 7' maybe 7 and a half

I'm therefore guessing size-7 is 8 to 9 feet. No?

Would you make any adjustments for size respecting move, attack, defense...?
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I would just use them as frealkishly large humans, in one RPG game I used to play, Rolemaster they were called High Men. They were almost always 6-7.5 feet tall, bred in hard lands for battle. Something of that sort comes to my mind.

Also the Hulk is 8 feet tall in the comics and he is a size 7 medium so that is pretty close.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old May 8th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Hmm... what era are they from? Futuristic, barbarians, samurai, Romans? Because you could always make them expirimental super soldiers, avatars of Roman gods, or something like that. Humans that became massive through magic/science.
Old May 9th, 2008, 04:15 PM

Jeabird is surprisingly tart

I had a similar problem. If they are futuristic looking then you can make them gene altered humans. I used Juicers from the Rifts rpg to explain my guys height. That way they are still human and you just need a new class for them.

I, like God, do play with dice and do believe in coincidence.
Old May 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM

Wiet is surprisingly tart

I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet that
Old May 10th, 2008, 08:32 AM

Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker Purplebeard knows what's in an order marker

Interesting. I've picked up a nice pack of Camo Clonetroopers I've been trying to intergrate. The idea of calling them "High Men" is nice. Trained in the battlelands is even better.

I tried to find the SWM scale but no luck in my area.

"There's something exceptionally satisfying in dropping Mimring in round one."

Expand your horizons. Terrain maps from Cavalier.
Old May 10th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As Amish said, people in developed countries have been getting measurably taller for 100 years or more now. Some science fiction (Hyperion series?) shows the trend continuing for quite a while to the point where seven feet is average. If I sat down to play and you had an explanation that the big guys came from the far future-- like as in civilizations have risen and fallen since the days of the Microcorp Agents-- I'd be satisfied, personally. Good enough for Heroscape purposes!

Also wasn't there a fantasy RPG would with "half-giants?" Dark Sun? You could call them "giant-blooded" or something if they're fantasy-themed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards