Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 1st, 2008, 01:12 PM

NormanJFin is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Norman's Custom figures (5/23 - Proper cards Added)

EDIT May 23, 2008 - proper cards added.

The photos of the full repaints and scupts are at this thread:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=17956

POINT PRICE for characters remains major outstanding issue for me !?!?
Would apreciate input
Not as major - which Kyrie general to assign? and the side info regarding type of person they are (ie: "disciplined", "tricky", etc.)?

=========================================
This is the scale and materials I worked with before Heroscape http://www.geocities.com/normlaw/myarmour.html

The Headhunter
In 985 he rode to free Ethiopia from Crusaders.
In 1985 Vydar picked him up in a New York alleyway, out of a fight with a 200-year old self-righteous Scottsman.
He is immortal - as long as his head be not severed from his body.
(stay tuned for the full short story)

Seargeant Ilya Alexandrov
A sheapherd's skills in picking off wolves came very handy in the decimated streets of WWII.
Decorated for his outstanding effort to vanquish the invader, he became an inspiration to the entire Red Army.

Khazar Heroes
These valiant Turks kept the Jihad from Europe in the latter part of the First Millenium and balanced the Vikings against the Byzantines.

Tarkhan Temur

Tarkhan Eliahu

Khan Bulan

Khan Yosef

Princess Serakh
(front and back)

Life – 4
Move – 5
Range – 10
Attack – 3
Defense – 2

Specials:
Quick Release 3 – Serakh can shoot up to three arrows but range changes as follows -
1 arrow – range 10
2 arrows – range 7
3 arrows – range 4

Khazarian Bogatirs

Life – 1
Move – 5
Range – 1
Attack – 6
Defense – 3
Specials:
Eliezar’s gift – After an attack, roll D20. If you roll a 12 or higher, you may move and attack a second time. If this roll was successful, then after finishing second attack you may roll D20 once more for a possible total of three attacks.

Agents
These are my two teams of Agents
Here http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=17843 are some thoughts for Spy powers.

Since Krav Maga is the Israeli martial art, I think of these figures straight out of the box as
Mossad (Israeli secret service)
But I did some subtle changes to shirts and ties.
(and Israeli girls like coloring their hair blond)

These guys must be KGB
(they have a late Soviet/ post Soviet sense of style, and Russian girls like Hennah in their hair)

Samurai
My second team of Samurai

Here's some Swordfighting techniques getting kicked around http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=17841

A Repaint of the Kyrie
I realy have no idea what different character or powers to give to her.

And Last, but not least
(my daughter's entry):

Last edited by NormanJFin; May 23rd, 2008 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Cards Added
Old April 1st, 2008, 03:10 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
A Repaint of the Kyrie
I realy have no idea what different character or powers to give to her.
Behold! Captain Rainbow! With the powers of multi-ethnic equality and harmony! She has love and respect for peoples of all nations and ethnic backgrounds!

No disrespect meant, though. She's just so festive!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old April 1st, 2008, 03:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
I think Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! needs a few more powers.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 1st, 2008, 03:22 PM

Which Khan are you talking about - there's two up there.
And realy none of them are powers - just attempts to describe how a cavalry unit functions.

Quote:
Behold! Captain Rainbow! With the powers of multi-ethnic equality and harmony! She has love and respect for peoples of all nations and ethnic backgrounds!
No disrespect meant, though. She's just so festive!
Note the angel in my sig. No mamby pamby pigeon white wings -- the better medieval and ancient art has rainbow wings on their divine figures.
- I think though that I should have run the rainbow along each "feather" from purple at the top to red at the bottom rather than the way I did it.
Maybe I'll repaint it.
Old April 1st, 2008, 03:25 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
There's not way either of them would fit on a card.

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
There's not way either of them would fit on a card.
This is why I need y'all's help!

Anyhow -
See my redone shield bash description on the first one.
Also - since the horse rules have nothing to do with the rider - what if one were to put them on a separate card??
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:01 PM

Legion costs too much!
Cool repaints. Bring us some more!

Hellsing obsessive.
Amutear custom custom creator.
Old April 1st, 2008, 04:10 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
For Seargeant Ilya Alexandrov, the sniper special attack should not be a special attack if you want height advantage to still count. Maybe just call the ability:

Steady Rifle: If Sgt. Alexandrov does not move, add 1 to the attack value of his card.

Please keep signatures short.
Old April 7th, 2008, 11:56 PM

Pop up for the new figures.

Come on guys - I need help pricing these guys!
Old April 8th, 2008, 02:05 AM

bishopbeowolf is surprisingly tart
Points are a hard thing to get right. I start at a number that I think sounds right compared to what I know from point prices among the official cards. Then I try to find time to play test them with other people.

I think one of the first and important things is to figure out what your custom hero/squad is trying to represent. Start easy with just 1 or 2 special abilities or special attacks that help show off what he/she/it is about. Also not every character you have has to be a one man wrecking crew. I totally understand on overpowering a unit cause I am always tempted to do it(I must admit I do it a lot). Just remember that the more powerful the hero/squad the more expensive it will be to draft.

Also I would take into account the hero/squads Species, Class, Personality, Size/Height and who they follow (Valkyrie General if they follow one). It is important to know this because of certain synergies you may gain or give from other units (official or custom). This can really affect the performance of your unit. Also will your customs ever crossover into other scape type games (Marvelscape). You want to make sure the points still add up when dealing with a different weight class of units.

Ok so like with your first unit on top, the Headhunter. What is his theme? What is his strength and weakness? What is his specialty on the battlefield? When you have him what do you want him to be able to accomplish on the battlefield? I must say the way he is right now is very confusing to me. It sometimes can be hard to carry a certain theme with a unit that does not crossover to all the units in the Heroscape universe.

I see bits of Heroscape in your wording but it does not convey the Heroscape feel. When writing abilities you want to cut the fluff out and convey very legalistically what should happen. It needs to be very straight and to the point. I want to try to help you the best I can but I must tell you that I am not expert. If you look around in the forums you can find tons of articles giving insight into character design and theory. Of course off the top of my head I can't think of any but they do exist.

Here are some rough ideas for your Head Hunter when it comes to Special Abilities and Special Attacks.

SWORD OF HONOR SPECIAL ATTACK-
Range 1 Attack 6
The Headhunter may only use this attack on a small or medium figure with a base range of 1.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE-
For every Kyrie, Human, or Elf figure that the Head Hunter destroys with his special attack he may place an experience marker on this card. For every experience marker on this card the Headhunter may add 1 additional attack die and 1 additional defense die to his roll. A maximum of (?) experience markers may be placed on this card

FINAL HONOR-
When ever the Headhunter would receive enough wounds to be destroyed from a non-adjacent figure you may ignore any wound(s) that would lower his life past 1.

I was trying to convey as close to what it sounds like you want in what I wrote. When it comes to his points I am uncertain right now. It really all depends on what you decide on with all the details and play testing.

Hopefully my ideas and ramblings will help. I don’t want to replace my ideas with yours but I do want to help you if I can in some way.
Old April 8th, 2008, 08:33 AM

Thank you bishopbeowolf for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopbeowolf
Also I would take into account the hero/squads Species, Class, Personality, Size/Height and who they follow (Valkyrie General if they follow one).
I wouldn't mind some help on this.
Obviously, they are all Human.
From what I can tell, the cavalry figures would be sized "Large 7" right?
The others, since they are repaints, I can just use the size they were.
Which general?
The PollyPocket War beasts seemed quite an easy fit for Ullar.
Both the knights and the WWII hero can belong to either Einar or Jandar right? Perhaps there should be synergy between Vikings and Khazars and likewise between WWII Americans and WWII Russian?
-- I also have modern Israeli paratroopers as repaints of the WWII Airborne, did not show because it is a quite minor repaint -- but perhaps those should synergise with Krav Maga agents?
How to accomplish these synergies?
But the headhunter is "mythological so? could be Jandar, Ullar, but possibly Utgar?

But those other stats (ie: precise, disciplined, tricky ...etc) I have no clue.

Quote:
Ok so like with your first unit on top, the Headhunter. What is his theme? What is his strength and weakness? What is his specialty on the battlefield? When you have him what do you want him to be able to accomplish on the battlefield? I must say the way he is right now is very confusing to me.
Heh, Heh.
I wondered whether people would pick it up (I thought the "There can be only ONE" power would make it obvious) - or how much this sort of character is ..."age specific" for us thirty-something nerds.
He is supposed to be an "Immortal" from the Highlander movie/series universe. Sound familiar at all?
In that story the rules are quite simple -- the only way an "immortal" can die is when he is beheaded. But when an "immortal" is struck in any other way he can "die" temporarily (so the less honourable characters used that as a method of incapacitating their opponents)
When one "immortal" kills another "immortal" he gains that other's experiences (to some degree).
In the original movie, they were all working towards a point when "There can be only one" - and that one would have quite phenomenal power - but this was depreciated as the whole thing devolved into a series - although lipservice to that - and thus a war of all against all feel remained.

Quote:
I see bits of Heroscape in your wording but it does not convey the Heroscape feel. When writing abilities you want to cut the fluff out and convey very legalistically what should happen. It needs to be very straight and to the point.
Righto - so here they are for anyone who wants to try and help.

Quote:
SWORD OF HONOR SPECIAL ATTACK-
Range 1 Attack 6
The Headhunter may only use this attack on a small or medium figure with a base range of 1.
I have no interest on limiting his sword attacks to other swordsmen.
The limitation is on getting experience points - he only gets these from killing with his sword.

Quote:
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE-
For every Kyrie, Human, or Elf figure that the Head Hunter destroys with his special attack he may place an experience marker on this card. For every experience marker on this card the Headhunter may add 1 additional attack die and 1 additional defense die to his roll. A maximum of (?) experience markers may be placed on this card
Experience points were supposed to aproximate that "immortal" experience i'd mentioned -- thus only those who he kills with the sword can gain him experience and the humans are limited to those who were wielding a bladed weapon themselves (to aproximate the storyline that he only ingests the experience of other heroes of "his kind")

Quote:
FINAL HONOR-
When ever the Headhunter would receive enough wounds to be destroyed from a non-adjacent figure you may ignore any wound(s) that would lower his life past 1.
What I was trying to achieve is that temporary death described above -- He indeed dies. He just doesn't stay dead unless his head is taken. And if the head is not taken then he slowly works his way back to full strength.

Thanks again --
further help is very much apreciated.
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Not bad, though the mounted figures really need to be on two hex bases.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards