Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 28th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Islandscape Post Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrebla View Post
For those didn't see it, the winning army was:

Raelin (RotV)
Tagawa Samurai
Krav Maga Agents
Nilfheim
Guilty McCreech
Cool army! How do you play it?
Very very well. He's been using this army for about two straight years now. Our league is ready to string him up by his heels.

Seriously, though? Raelin takes a nice central position, then the Samurai charge in to deliver pain and lock up any opponents they can't simply eliminate. At which point the Krav and Nilfheim move up and start raining down ranged death.
With Raelin, the Tagawa's counterstrike is brutal, and once they get the first few kills in they become as (or more) offensively nasty as the Kozuke Samurai; and their 5 (7 w/ Raelin) defense gives them the longevity to get those kills. Well worth the 20 extra points, apparently.
Unless of course you had realized this before you committed your Minions of Utgar and had instead moved up your 4 squads of 10th foot and blasted the living daylights out of those samurai and that winged chick then things would have been a little bit different wouldn't they Mogrebla......

oh, excuse me...... I forgot myself there for a second. What I meant to say was "Good Game Mogrebla"!
Old July 28th, 2008, 10:48 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Some of the Islandscape games were brutal and very close.
Tell me about it - I'll never forget my nail-biting loss to elf326, which came down to his Isamu vs. my lone Krav Maga Agent. As soon as that darn ninja started charging out of the start zone towards my poor agent, I just KNEW that I was done for.
Old July 29th, 2008, 04:35 PM

mogrebla Woo who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagyuninja View Post
Quote:
For those didn't see it, the winning army was:

Raelin (RotV)
Tagawa Samurai
Krav Maga Agents
Nilfheim
Guilty McCreech
Cool army! How do you play it?
Very very well. He's been using this army for about two straight years now. Our league is ready to string him up by his heels.

Seriously, though? Raelin takes a nice central position, then the Samurai charge in to deliver pain and lock up any opponents they can't simply eliminate. At which point the Krav and Nilfheim move up and start raining down ranged death.
With Raelin, the Tagawa's counterstrike is brutal, and once they get the first few kills in they become as (or more) offensively nasty as the Kozuke Samurai; and their 5 (7 w/ Raelin) defense gives them the longevity to get those kills. Well worth the 20 extra points, apparently.
Unless of course you had realized this before you committed your Minions of Utgar and had instead moved up your 4 squads of 10th foot and blasted the living daylights out of those samurai and that winged chick then things would have been a little bit different wouldn't they Mogrebla......

oh, excuse me...... I forgot myself there for a second. What I meant to say was "Good Game Mogrebla"!
Looks like Warbanner has already wrapped up my strategy discussion. I must add that haven't played this exact army every season (I didn't have any of these units last year exept Nilfheim), but I do like to team the KMA and Samurai with Raelin - it's so effective. Nilfheim is the perfect complement for that combo, because he can sweep out a swarm of rats, and he can go toe-to-toe Braxas, Drake, or most of the big boys, so you have all of the essential elements for a good team: range, melee, squad killer, hero killer, strong defense, strong attack, and flight. Another reason that I like this army is because it's only 4 cards (well, 5 with Guilty McCreech). Each card fulfills a different role, so it's very easy to play, particularly for a slow thinker like me. I don't like a lot of tough decisions.

Grishnahk did stumble out of the gate, but only because he forgot about the counterstrike, which is the bane of Utgar's Minions. But the 10th Foot wouldn't have had an easy time against Raelin and the KMG, even outnumbering them 4 to 1 - just ask Onacara. They can be very tough.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:04 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Some of the Islandscape games were brutal and very close.
Tell me about it - I'll never forget my nail-biting loss to elf326, which came down to his Isamu vs. my lone Krav Maga Agent. As soon as that darn ninja started charging out of the start zone towards my poor agent, I just KNEW that I was done for.
That was a great game. Isamu really earned back his points. In the final game (on Grishnak's amazing boards), though, he was shot down by a Krav instantly, as I recall.

Last edited by elf326; July 29th, 2008 at 11:06 PM. Reason: addition
Old July 30th, 2008, 09:52 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Can everyone who played in the tournament let me know what your army was as well as help me fill in the gaps for those you played against? I need the information for NESA scoring.

Thanks.
Old July 30th, 2008, 11:33 AM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker

Heck, if I'd known you needed that, I'd have kept all the army lists I made everyone fill out before the tournament.

Mine:
Zelrig
WoSaGa
Nagrubs x2
Rats
Raelin
Marcu

Too much buffing, not enough attacks. Bad army, bad, bad army! No cookie for you!
Old July 30th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Me:
Zetacron
Major Q10
Raelin (RotV)
Anubian Wolves x3

I battled: Kathy, Ernie, Warbanner, Arthur, Grishnak

Kathy's:
Zelrig
Kaemon Awesome
Tagawa Archers
Theracus
Airborn Elite

She battled: Me, Ernie, ?, ?, ? (I'll edit the post later)

Old July 30th, 2008, 12:44 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Me:
Zetacron
Major Q10
Raelin (RotV)
Anubian Wolves x3

I battled: Kathy, Ernie, Warbanner, Arthur, Grishnak

Kathy's:
Zelrig
Kaemon Awesome
Tagawa Archers
Theracus
Airborn Elite

She battled: Me, Ernie, ?, ?, ? (I'll edit the post later)

I know who you played but if you rememebr their arm it will help.
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:06 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

My Army

Q9
Q10
Raelin
Krav
Isamu

I played: Warbanner, Sherman Davies, Onacara, Lemur, and Sherman Davies (again).
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:07 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf326 View Post
My Army

Q9
Q10
Raelin
Krav
Isamu

I played: Warbanner, Sherman Davies, Onacara, Lemur, and Sherman Davies (again).
Your army I remembered
Old July 30th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Mine was easy, 2 squads Minions of Utgar, 4 squads 10th Foot.
Old July 30th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Ernie's was:
Kato
4x Ashigaru Yari
1 Ashigaru Harquebus
Kozuke Samurai

Arthur's was:
Grimnak
1 Heavy Gruts
1 Deathreavers
Raelin (80)
Tornak (I think)