Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old January 9th, 2010, 02:23 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Mossman's Pictured Battle Reports- Master Set 3 mini-bat

Wow--you're having fun! Wished you lived closer. Come visit NYC some time. Now that the sets are out, we're having lots of fun with the new figures, where others are worried about things like how their Black Dragon underbellies are not painted! Go figure. Its probably an age thing...
Old March 27th, 2010, 08:25 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Mossman's Pictured Battle Reports- Master Set 3 mini-bat

Four mighty armies (650-ish points) met on the field of battle: (*Sorry about some of the pics- didn't realize there was a smudge on my lens until halfway through the battle).

The Orcs (Grimnak, Tornak, Krug, 2x Heavy Gruts, 2x Blade Gruts)

The Stoners (Migol, Darrak, 4x Axegrinders, 2x Granite Guardians)

The Underdark (Pelloth, 3x Deepwyrm Drow, 2x Feral Troll, Othkurik)

Steamroller (Spartacus, Crixus, Retiarus, 4x Capuans)

The Capuans won initiative and moved in unison to the high ground in the center of the battlefield. Tornak claimed the Attack +1 Glyph, and the Granite Guardians moved to meet him. Meanwhile, the Deepwyrm took the Initiative Glyph.

The Granite Guardians took the Attack Glyph, and the remainder of the Dwarves moved en-masse to attack the Gladiators. Meanwhile, the Blade Gruts tried to claim the Initiative Glyph, but were repulsed by Pelloth and the Drow.

Before the Dwarves could get very far, Grimnak reached their starting zone, and his dino began snacking before being hewn down by the Axegrinders.

The Drow sent the remaining Deepwyrm, along with Pelloth and Othkurik, to attack the Orcs, who met them with the Heavy Gruts. Pelloth sacrificed a comrade, and used Lolth's Wrath to good effect, and Othkurik's Acid Spray did the rest, though each hero emerged from the skirmish seriously wounded.

Othkurik flew away, and acid sprayed the Gladiators from across the water. Unfortunately, he failed to account for the one hex of swamp water, that served as a bridge across which Crixus and a squad of Capuans crossed. After a heated battle, the Glads slew Othkurik and two Deepwyrm, and took the Initiative Glyph. Leaving one Capuan to hold the Glyph, Crixus and the remaining Capuans retreated back to high ground.

Meanwhile, two more Capuans ambushed Pelloth, who was assaulting the remaing Orcs from range, and took him down before retreating again.

The slow-moving mass of Dwarves finally reached the high ground, and assaulted the Gladiators' position.

Krug shook off the last of the Deepwyrm Drow, absorbing two wounds thanks to poison, and was met by one of the two Feral Trolls. The two behemoths pounded one-another, but the two wounds Krug had already suffered, plus the Troll's ability to regenerate, tipped the balance.

Just as the Dwarves were about to engage the Gladiators, Spartacus slipped in from behind, slew the Granite Guardians who were guarding the Attack Glyph, and claimed it for the Gladiators. Migol broke away from the Dwarves to meet him.

As the two heroes hacked away at one another, the Dwarf wave broke against the breakwater that was the Gladiator army. High ground, Inspiration, and the attack glyph allowed the Gladiators to bleed the Dwarves badly. The Dwarves held their own, and dealt their share of damage. Meanwhile, one of the two remaining Feral Trolls, attacked the Gladiators from the other side, and managed to take out Retiarus before falling. By the time Migol killed Spartacus and reclaimed the Glyph, none of the armies had much left.

The remnants of the Orc army (a single squad of Blade Gruts), skirted the battle and took out the remaining Granite Guardians, upon whom no order marker had been placed.

The Blade Gruts then moved in on Migol, but Darrak slipped in from behind, and with the aid of his Sneak Attack, he and Migol killed the remaining Blade Gruts.

The battle was now down to a healthy Crixus for the Glads, a wounded Feral Troll for the Underdark, and wounded Darrak and Migol for the Dwarves. Both the Troll and Crixus moved in on the Dwarves, the troll regenerating a wound with each move. The troll got there first, slew Migol and Darrak, and claimed the Attack Glyph just as Crixus arrived.

In a bloody exchange, Crixus's One Shield Defense made the difference. Three times the Troll rolled five skulls, and three times, Crixus took only a single wound. Finally, the sole remaining Gladiator won the day for his army!

Last edited by Mossman; March 27th, 2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old March 27th, 2010, 09:45 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Mossman's Pictured Battle Reports- Epic 4-Army Battle! 3

Awesome Battle Report!

I knew the Glads were the best! Especially Crixus! Woohoo!

MegaSilver
Old March 30th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Very awesome pictures Mossman, as always. Keep it up!
Old March 30th, 2010, 01:01 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Nice report! Love your enhanced terrain.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old July 5th, 2012, 04:07 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Two 730 point armies clash in a murky swamp.

Army 1:
10th Regiment (x7)
Jonathan Bull (custom) http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...l_original.jpg
General Northgate (custom) http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Northgate.jpg

Army 2:
4th Mass (x6)
Samuel Brown
Benjamin Martin (custom) http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...aminMartin.jpg
George Washington (custom) http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...washington.jpg

Round 1
The British win initiative and both armies move to high ground and behind jungle cover.

Round 2
The Americans win initiative and the armies exchange fire from range. Valiant defense makes a big difference, as 4th Mass troops on height and under the cover of jungle terrain roll five defense dice. When the smoke clears, the 10th Regiment has suffered 7 losses while the 4th Mass loses only 1 man.

Round 3
The Americans win initiative again and continue to deal out serious damage to the enemy. The British lose 4 10th regiment and Captain Jonathan Bull suffers a wound. The desperate British charge the high ground in the center of the field, hoping to use their melee advantages, but only take down 2 Americans.

Round 4
Another initiative win for the Americans and another bloody clash, with the 10th losing 6 men and the 4th losing 4.

Round 5
The Americans win their fourth straight initiative and are threatening to overrun the British. Jonathan Bull enters the fray, and his double attack is effective against the Americans. He suffers another wound and loses two comrades, but slays 4 Americans.

Round 6
The British finally win initiative and fight had to turn the tide, killing 4 4th Mass. George Washington recklessly rides into the heat of battle. He kills Jonathan Bull before falling to British bullets and bayonets.

Round 7
Another British initiative and a contingent of 10th Regiment charge the American starting zone, where a few units wait to be activated. 2 4th Mass are lost and Samuel Brown suffers 2 wounds. The 10th suffers 2 casualties as well, and an American sniper puts a wound on General Northgate.

Round 8
The Americans win back the initiative and, despite suffering casualites, manage to clear the attacking British from their start zone, killing 3. The Americans lose 2 4th Mass, Samuel Brown suffers another wound, and Benjamin Martin suffers 3 wounds from a bayonet wound.

Round 9
Yet another initiative win for the Americans allows them to reduce the British numbers to almost nothing. Benjamin Martin falls, but Samuel Brown and the 4th Mass sweep the field. General Northgate goes toe-to-toe with the 4th Mass, but falls in the end.

Results-
The Americans end the battle with 3 4th Mass and Samuel Brown with 1 life remaining. I think this battlefield was not a good fit for the 10th Regiment. Aside from the high ground in the middle, there is no way to get to the enemy without wading through water. That minimized their ability to use their melee powers to their advantage. The valiant defense bonus, as mentioned above, was a huge advantage for the Americans, as was their consistent initiative wins (none of which involved Benjamin Martin's D20 roll boost.)

*I'd love to hear thoughts on my customs. I've done other playtesting and I think Jonathan Bull is priced about right (I've made a slight change in the wording of his movement bonding since I first created him). Washington, Martin, and Northgate I'm not sure about. With Northgate I was shooting for a cheaper, weaker Kato. He's my newest custom so he hasn't had any other playtests yet.
Old July 5th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Two 730 point armies clash in a murky swamp.

Army 1:
10th Regiment (x7)
Jonathan Bull (custom) http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...l_original.jpg
General Northgate (custom) http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Northgate.jpg

Army 2:
4th Mass (x6)
Samuel Brown
Benjamin Martin (custom) http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...aminMartin.jpg
George Washington (custom) http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...washington.jpg

Round 1
The British win initiative and both armies move to high ground and behind jungle cover.

Round 2
The Americans win initiative and the armies exchange fire from range. Valiant defense makes a big difference, as 4th Mass troops on height and under the cover of jungle terrain roll five defense dice. When the smoke clears, the 10th Regiment has suffered 7 losses while the 4th Mass loses only 1 man.

Round 3
The Americans win initiative again and continue to deal out serious damage to the enemy. The British lose 4 10th regiment and Captain Jonathan Bull suffers a wound. The desperate British charge the high ground in the center of the field, hoping to use their melee advantages, but only take down 2 Americans.

Round 4
Another initiative win for the Americans and another bloody clash, with the 10th losing 6 men and the 4th losing 4.

Round 5
The Americans win their fourth straight initiative and are threatening to overrun the British. Jonathan Bull enters the fray, and his double attack is effective against the Americans. He suffers another wound and loses two comrades, but slays 4 Americans.

Round 6
The British finally win initiative and fight had to turn the tide, killing 4 4th Mass. George Washington recklessly rides into the heat of battle. He kills Jonathan Bull before falling to British bullets and bayonets.

Round 7
Another British initiative and a contingent of 10th Regiment charge the American starting zone, where a few units wait to be activated. 2 4th Mass are lost and Samuel Brown suffers 2 wounds. The 10th suffers 2 casualties as well, and an American sniper puts a wound on General Northgate.

Round 8
The Americans win back the initiative and, despite suffering casualites, manage to clear the attacking British from their start zone, killing 3. The Americans lose 2 4th Mass, Samuel Brown suffers another wound, and Benjamin Martin suffers 3 wounds from a bayonet wound.

Round 9
Yet another initiative win for the Americans allows them to reduce the British numbers to almost nothing. Benjamin Martin falls, but Samuel Brown and the 4th Mass sweep the field. General Northgate goes toe-to-toe with the 4th Mass, but falls in the end.

Results-
The Americans end the battle with 3 4th Mass and Samuel Brown with 1 life remaining. I think this battlefield was not a good fit for the 10th Regiment. Aside from the high ground in the middle, there is no way to get to the enemy without wading through water. That minimized their ability to use their melee powers to their advantage. The valiant defense bonus, as mentioned above, was a huge advantage for the Americans, as was their consistent initiative wins (none of which involved Benjamin Martin's D20 roll boost.)

*I'd love to hear thoughts on my customs. I've done other playtesting and I think Jonathan Bull is priced about right (I've made a slight change in the wording of his movement bonding since I first created him). Washington, Martin, and Northgate I'm not sure about. With Northgate I was shooting for a cheaper, weaker Kato. He's my newest custom so he hasn't had any other playtests yet.
I believe you should reword some of the powers to sound more official.
Old July 6th, 2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post

I believe you should reword some of the powers to sound more official.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Any ones in particular?
Old July 6th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post

I believe you should reword some of the powers to sound more official.
Cool. Any ones in particular?[/QUOTE]

Johnathan Bull- For double attack, I'd reccommend changing the first part of the power to match syvarris. For the second part, change it to "He cannot attack the same figure more than once." (taken from captain America's card)

Also, for the movement bonding, take a look at the Blastron's card. I'd also consider putting it as a list format, like Kato Katsuro's power.

Northgate- good

Benjamin Martin- I'm not too sure about the wording on ambush, but seems ok. I'd cut off the last five words of the power, replace "on the Benjamin Martin army card" with "on this army card", and change the first ten words to "If all of you order markers are on soldiers".

Washington- "All soldiers you control that have valiant personalities that are within three clear sight spaces of General Washington add one to their defense dice."

"When George Washington recieves enough wounds to be destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, ignore all wounds received."

Cross the Delaware- It isn't too common that a figure is adjacent to water tile. Change it to within one space of a water tile?
Old July 10th, 2012, 05:25 PM

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:28 PM

Samuel Brown is surprisingly tart

Cool Battle It's hard to get 4th mass and 10th Reg figures these days

I'm the Herobrine of Heroscape

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports