Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old March 17th, 2024, 08:39 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape.org - New Software Support for Heroscape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Catching this rather quickly, but the example link does not appear to be working the way it is intended. I'm just seeing the New Hampshire Event, its details, and the name for the map "Common Ground" with no associated link, map image. or glyphs.
Try force-refreshing the page (hold the 'ctrl' button when you click the refresh icon).

Sounds like it's using an old cached copy of at least one of the source code pages and you need to tell the browser to update them all.

Let me know if that doesn't fix it though.

- CP
Old March 17th, 2024, 08:43 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Try force-refreshing the page (hold the 'ctrl' button when you click the refresh icon).

Sounds like it's using an old cached copy of at least one of the source code pages and you need to tell the browser to update them all.

Let me know if that doesn't fix it though.

- CP
Force refreshing the page works!
Old March 18th, 2024, 01:01 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I see the Renegade cards have been added to the Classic builder. Nice work!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old March 24th, 2024, 01:04 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

@Chris Perkins

--------------------
Vulcanmech Incendiborgs

Redundant Systems
Start the game with 3 Redundant Systems markers on this army card. After a Vulcanmech Incendiborg receives one or more wounds, you may remove 1 Redundant Systems marker form this card to ignore all wounds.

Should be from, not form.

--------------------
Nicholas Esenwein

Bloodborn Rising
Each time Nicholas Esenwein destroys a figure, ... may not use Bloodborn rising on destructible object.

Should be objects (plural), not object.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; March 24th, 2024 at 01:39 AM.
Old March 27th, 2024, 08:35 AM

SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby! SkyWhale rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proclaimed View Post
Be able to pull up the army data from the "Army" section that tracks points, figures, spaces. I'd like to be able to place all potential units in the army and then click back and forth without having to search and/or filter.
A lot of people have asked for this over time. I finally broke down and did it tonight. Should be live now.

My concern with this one has always been it causing mis-clicks on mobile, since there's not a lot of screen real estate in that box to work with and the +/- icons already are click targets. So if anyone has a lot of mis-clicks on mobile because of this change let me know.
Hey Chris, thanks so much for this addition! It's something I've been hoping for, and I think it's a great inclusion.

... unfortunately, it seems to be having issues on my end, but only with certain figures. Greenscale Warriors and Braxas, for example. Something funky happens when I add them both to my army and try to toggle between the two details sections. Both of these seem to play nicely with other units, but for some reason the combination causes fiddliness - clicking on one of their names and then the other may change only the background color, and then prevent me from clicking on anything else.

Unsure how prevalent this is, but thought I should bring it up since it keeps happening!
Old March 28th, 2024, 10:32 AM

Proclaimed is surprisingly tart

I've been having the builder freeze on me using an iphone and ipad on mobile and desktop. I'm not sure if maybe it's a click count overload or what, but after a lot of interaction it simply stops and requires a refresh, which in turn loses the current army list. I was thinking this added feature might be to blame. I don't want it to be because I really find it useful.

Speaking of mobile. On my phone, safari browser, there are some army cards that are so long that it hides the entire screen as well as the top portion of the card - name, stats and the X to close. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this. I feel like a scroll bar is overkill, but maybe there's a better option like shrinking the font size a teensy bit? The entire Esenwein clan is notorious for this, and I noticed Xenithrax does it as well.

Feature request: Saving an army

Last edited by Proclaimed; March 28th, 2024 at 10:57 AM.
Old April 24th, 2024, 09:46 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Added something new today: an embedded map (Google Maps) showing the locations of upcoming tournaments & conventions.

Page:
https://heroscape.org/events/

Thought this might be a cool way for newer players to see what's happening near them if enough local events get their addresses entered.

Currently it only has the 2 upcoming Cons (ScapeCon IV, Scape Summit I) & my next local event listed, because those are the only entries in the site that have the new field 'Address' filled out (which I added today).

The new 'Address' field, if filled out, also appears on the Tournament/Convention page below the date(s) of the event. So if you put it there you probably don't need to put it in the description anymore.

If you want your events to appear on the map, enter the 'Address' field (either when creating the event, or when editing the event) exactly as it appears on Google Maps, and it should then show up on the map. If you try this and it doesn't work, let me know and I'll debug why.

- Chris

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software