Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 24th, 2009, 05:37 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Mohican River Tribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Question: If the Mr.Ts are on, say, 3-height with a figure 2 lateral spaces away, do the Mr. Ts get +2 to their d20 roll or +5?

In other words, do you count "spaces" laterally or according to the rules of Movement?
It's like counting for range, they get +2 in that situation.
Really? So if the shooter is on the ground and the Mr Ts are on adjacent spaces that are 4-towers-high, you're telling me they only get plus 1?
I think it's either +1 or +0. (Do we know how many spaces adjacent counts for?)
Well the attack must be from a non-adjacent figure, but if they were that high up, they would be using their ranged attack, so I think you're right, but I'm not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Does anyone else think these could have been the Steamroller boys?
Gbob already told us the Gladiator army was the one referred to as the Steamroller, so I'm not sure what you mean.
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:38 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think it was already established that the steamroller is the new gladiator sqaud with their heroes.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old May 24th, 2009, 07:10 PM

Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker Einar's_Strategist knows what's in an order marker

It all depends in the definition you hold for the term steamroller. If it just means push back, or hit units, eliminate units, and move forward.

"The way of War is
A Way of Deception" ~Sun Tzu's Art of War
The guidebook to life...
Old May 24th, 2009, 08:09 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It doesn't depend on any definition. Grungebob has been explicit left many hints that the term steamroller refers to the new gladiator squad along with their accompanying heroes, because while playtesting them that's what the army movement felt like to them.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs

Last edited by Fencerjared; May 24th, 2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: wasn't quite explicit now was it?
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:17 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Question: If the Mr.Ts are on, say, 3-height with a figure 2 lateral spaces away, do the Mr. Ts get +2 to their d20 roll or +5?

In other words, do you count "spaces" laterally or according to the rules of Movement?
It's like counting for range, they get +2 in that situation.
Really? So if the shooter is on the ground and the Mr Ts are on adjacent spaces that are 4-towers-high, you're telling me they only get plus 1?
I think it's either +1 or +0. (Do we know how many spaces adjacent counts for?)
My bet is that in that situation the Mohicans will get no bonus to their concealment roll, since there are no "spaces" between them and the attacker. Just one of those weird things that happens with ranged attacks in Heroscape.
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

SWEET!! Can't wait till I have an Indian village in my basement.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:52 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I already did some Concealment calculations for Brave Arrow, so I might as well do it here too:
Chances of one Mohican River Tribesman dodging one attack at:
3 range (Wolves of Badru only): 20%
4 range (Ex. Major Q10's Wrist Rocket): 25%
5 range (Ex. Marro Stingers): 30%
6 range (Ex. 4th Mass): 35%
7 range (Ex. Krav Maga): 40%
8 range (Ex. Major Q10's Machine Pistol): 45%
9 range (Ex. Syvarris): 50%
10 range (Ex. Deadeye Dan): 55%
Chances of one Mohican River Tribesman dodging two attacks at:
3 range: 4%
4 range: 6.25%
5 range: 9%
6 range: 12.25%
7 range: 16%
8 range: 20.25%
9 range: 25%
Chances of one Mohican River Tribesman dodging three attacks at:
3 range: .8% (...epic fail.)
5 range: 2.7%
6 range: 4.2875%
7 range: 6.4%
8 range: 9.1125%
Chances of one Mohican River Tribesman dodging four attacks at:
6 range: 1.50065%
7 range: 2.56%
8 range: 4.100625%
Ouch. These guys are really going to have to rely on the Venoc Warlord (and cover) to get close enough to kill something. They can survive one ranged attack with regularity, but the only unit they can really regularly survive two ranged attacks against is Syvarris. In particular, the Wolves of Badru have a field day against the indians - you ignore the Mohican River Tribe's +2 defense because you aren't engaged with them using a Pounce special attack, and with five attack dice and the Indian's whopping one defense die, you really aren't going to be failing on attack/defense die alone - and all of this is on TOP of a mere 20% chance to dodge a 3 range attack ONCE.
With the Venoc Warlord, though, I can see these guys doing some major damage, since he gives them a viable means to get to the enemy. Just hope that your opponent brings Deathreavers so that you can get 3 defense die against your opponent's ranged onslaught.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!

Last edited by ThrasherDarkrai; May 24th, 2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old May 24th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Unfortunately unless you're playing an exclusively elf army (or general army for that matter), I think these guys really knocked the Aubriens Archers down a few notches in playability.
But you're forgetting the Frenzy advantage of the elves... AND their range 7 versus range 6 of the Mohicans.

I see the two of them in completely different tactical camps.
Maybe it's just me then. I'd probably never take the Aubriens over these guys (I mean come on he's got a hatchet!). They both have synergy with the VW. The MRT has better survivability (in most cases) plus they have semi-bonding.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 25th, 2009, 01:16 AM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

Seeing as I don't have AA, I'd have to take these guys. However, that 1 defense until engaged is going to be a killer for this squad even with Concealment.

I'm not saying it makes them bad, just going to be a different type of game with them in it.
Old May 25th, 2009, 08:19 AM

500points Woo who?

Bloody you forgot the obsidian guards for 3 range.

< Click me Please
Old May 25th, 2009, 08:44 AM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not sold on these guys yet. Come on, I mean a base defense of 1 at a range? They have concealment true, but it is a D20 power and they still have a base defense of one which is too low in my eyes. They will need to find ways to get defense boosts through jungle trees, Raelin and height. I mean, one of the 10th Regiment's major downfalls (and a reason the 4th are better) is the fact that they only have 2 ranged defense. 1 plus concealment on a three man squad is not any better.
Old May 25th, 2009, 10:21 AM

Archiver is surprisingly tart

If an Airborne Elite figure targets a Mohican River Tribe Figure with the Grenade Special Attack from the same hex but one or move floors higher, how is the minimum number of spaces between them calculated? Would it be zero or would you have to count number of
Levels from a Mohicans head to the base of the Airborne?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units