Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 10th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Question Does the main event need an overhaul?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
I also forgot to mention that both armies also have Q9. Both armies have Raelin as well. So no real creativity this year in the top army choices. I am thinking that this is a good indicator that we need some new way to encourage players away from this stagnation in army choices. It will destroy our meager tourney scene.
I think we should discuss it. I would like to see how well these guys can do without the Q9/Raelin/Rat stagnant combo.
Has the main event grown stagnant? What are your opinions and what ideas do you have?

I don't think banning is the way to go or start zone changes. I believe that a restriction to the number of squads would change a lot. Allow only 2 copies of a squad, you have your initial force with 1 squad of reinforcements. It limits rat builds, armies will have to be more diverse, you increase OM management which in turn increases strategy. When 1 person can load all markers on 1 card for the game, what kind of strategy is that? Why even play with the markers? I feel that the markers are an intregal part of Heroscape, it is what makes it unique.

My

P.S.- To go ahead and respond to those who WILL ask, there is still plenty of reason to buy multiple squads. Even changing main stream events to a 2x squad limit, I would continue to buy 4x or more for scenario play and group games. I have not been able to attend a tourney in 3 yrs., yet I have bought more multiples of D&D than I have in the past. I also was buying 3x squads before I ever heard of tourney play.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events