Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 20th, 2010, 10:13 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!
Lightbulb Up & Coming Sidekick Thread

It was suggested to me to start a thread to show off the talents of newer members and their abilities to create custom figures. This thread is for exactly that purpose.
Many thanks to Aldin for the suggestion to start this thread, and even more thanks to the NM24 Thread for showing me how to do it.
I give to you...

The Up & Coming Sidekick Process
Our Mission:
- To showcase the work of Up & Coming customizers.
- To help Up & Coming customizers create balanced customs that are as close too official cards as possible with the assistance of more experienced customizers as well as other Up & Coming customizers.
The Process:
The UCS process is not about speed or accuracy of details, but rather about the uniqueness of the individual creator and their take on the card in question. There are plenty of customs out there for each and every figure that has ever been molded in the Heroscape scale, but it take nerve and determination to take that figure and create a custom card to go with it. This thread is to show the community what the indivdual has done and help guide them in their efforts to learn the in's and out's of custom card creation.
To the Creator:
Once your card has been nominated and you agree to the process, you must be able to take the criticism and advice of more experienced members to help round out your card as you learn the process of custom creation. Questions, comments and criticism of cards will last for one week, after which the creator will have 2 days to update and alter card as suggested by the community.
After the new card is posted, the community has 3 days to give it a Thumbs Up. If the general consensus is Thumbs UP, then the card receives a UCS symbol.
The Rules and Timeframe:
1. You cannot nominate your own card.
2. You may only nominate cards created by less experienced members, who are defined for the purpose of this thread, as members who have less than 2500 posts and no more than 3 custom cards that have NM24 approval.
3. The process is completed when the card receives votes from 3 or more other members who regularly post to this thread.
Closing Notes:
- The most important thing to remember here is that this is all in good fun. We are not trying to blast new customizers and tear their cards to shreds. We are trying to help newer memebrs learn the process of custom creation to create solid, usable cards that anyone would want to use.
- The customizer does not have to accept this process. It's up to them if they want their cards scrutinized, analyzed, and picked apart or not. Don't fault someone who says no, just move on to the next card and customizer.

UCS Symbol
Spoiler Alert!

Symbol Placement

Completed Cards
Amon Sur by Master Tang
Bishop by Velenne
Bizarnage by Hidicul
Bob by Master Tang
Captain Marvel & Billy Batson by Wulfhunter667
Doctor Octopus by Tcglkn
Domino by Adam Souza
Falcon by Wolvie
Flash by Jcmcminis
Gambit by Hidicul
Green Goblin by Adam Souza
Havok by Artemiscorso
Hercules by Master Tang
Hulk by Jcmcminis
Longshot by Quozl
Martian Manhunter by Wulfhunter667
Patriot by Wolvie
Red Hood by Scapemage921

Current Card in Process
Awaiting nomination

Last edited by wulfhunter667; August 22nd, 2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old February 21st, 2010, 08:27 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Up & Coming Sidekick Thread

I nominate Adam Souza's Domino card!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 21st, 2010, 11:57 AM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

As soon as Adam consents to the process, we will begin the process.
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:02 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Since Adam just posted this card and is already generating comments in his personal thread, wouldn't it be smart to find a figure that doesn't already have an active thread going?

Should you nominate a figure that doesn't have an active thread going?
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
Since Adam just posted this card and is already generating comments in his personal thread, wouldn't it be smart to find a figure that doesn't already have an active thread going?

That's up to the individual customizer. I have pm'd him and am awaiting a reply. If he decides not to participate right now, I fully understand.
Whether he decides to participate or not, I will most likely be nominating one of your cards next Badger, if you'll allow it.
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:34 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

EDIT-Nevermind

Last edited by badgermaniac; February 21st, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:22 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

I think it would be interesting to see how parallel discusions would develop and if the end product would differ wildly.

Also, Wulfhunter asked nicely, and I'm honored to be the first candidate.

So tell me what you think about Domino
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:26 PM

Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker Wolvie knows what's in an order marker

feel free to look through my custom's looking forward to see what this thread will bring..
Old February 21st, 2010, 05:15 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

How about:

Luck (Personally, I'd pick a different name other than Luck for this ability)
When you roll defense dice for Domino, you may re-roll all defense dice that did not show shields. Luck can be used only once fore each defense roll.
Old February 21st, 2010, 05:33 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Comparing Domino to Guilty McCreech, I think she's probably worth 50 without Luck or Evening The Odds. Guilty is 30 points. +1 Attack, +1 Defense and +1 Life is probably worth about +20 points in this case. The issue there is obviously that you lose the theme.

~Aldin, giving some baseline commentary

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old February 21st, 2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Souza View Post
Quote:

I think it would be interesting to see how parallel discusions would develop and if the end product would differ wildly.

Also, Wulfhunter asked nicely, and I'm honored to be the first candidate.

So tell me what you think about Domino
With that being said, here goes.
Your stats and point cost look good. No complaints there.
Luck
This needs something. Being able to reroll anytime is a bit too much. Try...
When rolling either attack or defense dice, Domino may reroll an unfavorable roll. Domino must accept the new die roll, regardless of the result. Domino may use Luck once per turn.
Evening the Odds
Again, this needs something. Rerolling whenever is too much. Try...
When an enemy figure rolls a 20-sided die for a Special Attack or Ability that will be used against Domino, if that roll succeeds, roll a 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, your opponent must reroll. Domino must accept the new die roll, regardless of the result.
Dual Wielding Pistol
I know someone covered this in your thread, but it really should be Double Attack to be more in line with official Scape terminology.
Minor problems all, but nevertheless, a good card.
Old February 21st, 2010, 06:13 PM

Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness Adam Souza wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin
Comparing Domino to Guilty McCreech, I think she's probably worth 50 without Luck or Evening The Odds. Guilty is 30 points. +1 Attack, +1 Defense and +1 Life is probably worth about +20 points in this case.
I can agree with that logic.

They key is determing now what Luck and Evening The Odds are worth.

To Be Honest, Evening The Odds was just a flavor idea. I don't see it being all that powerfull, or used all that much. I just see it keeping her getting insta ganked by 20 side die roll powers.

LUCK is a good power but I hoped to keep it in check with the lowish stat line. I honestly can't see it doubling her value though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations