Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 6th, 2010, 07:27 AM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yio654 View Post
Hey I hope people can answer this question.

If you attack a Samurai and get no skulls could they still counter it? Personally I would so, but then it would be the same for Charos which I don't think it would work cause if you were in the battle you didn't hit Charos with anything so he couldn't attack you back with it.
Yes, if no skulls are rolled you still roll defense, and cause hits for counterstrike if applicable. This also applies to figures like the Deathreavers, who may scatter even if the opponent whiffs their attack roll.

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sigh, a reply within 15 minutes? The frustrating thing about this thread is the answers come so quickly. SOME day I'm going to be the first to respond.

But a golden rule, yio654, is to do what the card says, not what you think it is supposed to mean.

You always roll defense dice, no matter what the attacker rolls, and counterstrike says "all excess shields count as unblockable hits." So there you go.

Your confusion is caused by trying to have it make sense. Always remember that its first of all a game. Does it make sense that a vampire can suck the life out of a zombie? No, but in HS Cyprien Esenwein can do just that.
Old September 6th, 2010, 10:37 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Counterstrike might better be called Riposte for that is, in effect, what it is. It is a counter attack by the defender using his own weapon. You bungled your attack leaving an opening that your opponent takes advantage of.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

It's worthy to note. Samurai can never be affected by counterstrike from other samurai. However, Charos DOES get affected by counterstrike. This was something I didn't find out until recently.
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:12 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
It's worthy to note. Samurai can never be affected by counterstrike from other samurai. However, Charos DOES get affected by counterstrike. This was something I didn't find out until recently.
Which part? As they are both pretty easy to figure out if you read the cards of the figures with counterstrike.
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:16 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardris1287 View Post
Which part? As they are both pretty easy to figure out if you read the cards of the figures with counterstrike.
True, but the wording on the samurai cards and the charos cards are very similar, except for 1 line at the end. "Samurai are never affected by other samurai" it's very easy to miss that 1 line.
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:18 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Im am a Site Supporter now and I was wondering how to post pictures.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by marroking1 View Post
Upload them to the Gallery and then link them to your posts.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by marroking1 View Post
This "How to" thread is a real help with all sorts of practical questions.
Old September 6th, 2010, 07:49 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker

Thanks a bunch. So glad to be a site supporter its great!

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:37 PM

AceofShadows is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagawa View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrspy View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrspy View Post
I'm still fuzzy on who's on Utgar's team who's Neutral, and who's on Jandars team. Can someone clarify?
It really doesnt matter
To me it does, i mean if i'm playing a Jandar/Utgar game if I was Utgar and got Vydar i'd immediately have a much better chance of winning. Man I read somewhere in a thread(maybe it was an old thread)that Einar was on Utgars team...
Huh?

If you are playing a regular game you can mix and match from any general....if you are playing General Specific then you can't mix them anyways.
He means that he plays a game where Utgar and his allies are fighting Jandar and his allies. To answer your question...

Utgar:
maybe Ullar

Jandar:
Einar
Vydar
Ullar
Aquilla
Actually, if my sources are correct it would be the following:

Previously
Bad-Utgar
Neutral-Vydar (aligned with Utgar from time to time) and Einar
Good- Jandar and Ullar

Now
Bad-Utgar, and the new general Valkrill(though it's unclear if they're aligned)
Neutral- I believe there are none
Good Jandar, Ullar, Vydar, Einar, and Aquilla
Old September 6th, 2010, 09:42 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey Ace, no offense, but be careful when you pull up posts from so far back. There was actually more to that conversation and one of the older users posted the original Alliances from when they introduced Aquilla. So it was already covered. Generally if you don't have anything of major importance regarding older posts/threads it is highly frowned upon to necro them and in the case of some people, it is neg rep worthy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's